PDA

View Full Version : Art of Combat (Open)

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:48:58 AM
He walked slowly onto the platue within the large room, it even could take the word arena to describe it's width, and height. Jamel reached down and drew his lightsaber toward his hand, and stretched into a tranquilized and prepared stance. His senses of the Force were warped into the existence, and he looked awaringly around, searching for what could begin his training. The boy had set the room on robotic fighting combat/hologramic mind illusion combat. It would was be interesting to which it would begin it with, and how he would react.

Tightening his grip on on the hilt of his blade, he heard the sound of creaking feet bouncing against the stone tiled ground. Rushign towar dhim a blade came down upon him, he spun quickly and aimed for the chest of the robotic being. It quickly reacted placing it's lightsaber downward and blocked it. The two went into a furry of slashes, and elegent blows which threw each other off. The robotic fighter was programmed well in the arts of the lightsaber. Moments went on with slashes until a sudden breaking of sound came. Metallic shelling fell upon the gorund with fragments of interior gadgets jumped at the walls, bouncing to a stop on the stone foundation.

"Come on, whats next?" Jamel glanced around, his preparition as his previous one. Tranquilized, and cautious of his surrondings, and any objects that moved.

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:44:52 AM
"Aw man...Jackson won't like that. Last time they broke a training dummy it took him hours to clean it up..."

Zeke is grinning, despite his complaint.

"Not bad at all...what's your name, pal?"

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:40:31 PM
Jamel turned around quickly in alarm of the sudden dialogue. Suprisingly he smiled at whom had entered the room, but that was only out of politeness, and respect. He began to reveal himself as he unignited his lightsaber.

"My name is Jamel Croko'yn, I'm a Jedi Padawan Canidate, a Jedi Novice as many say." He chuckled after he presented himself, he felt like he was stored with information like the programmed lightsaber dummy he had just destroyed.

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 04:55:47 PM
"I'm Zeke, a Knight here at the order. That wasn't bad at all, but the dummies are far easier than a live opponent. Have you been accepted here? Do you have a master?"

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 05:43:36 PM
Jamel looked down with an emotional frown, his fist locking on hisl lightsaber, nearly reigniting it and crushing it all at one time.

"No, I haven't been accepted Jedi Knight, sir. I believe that it my be my power, and fear which have blockaded masters." He said, bowing to give his respects, so his words would be seen as true.

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 05:56:04 PM
"That's 'Zeke', not Jedi Knight. No master, huh?"

Zeke's first Padawan hasn't been up to much recently...he hasn't seen Kurzen for months, and Zeke's running out of stuff to keep himself busy nowadays. It'd be good for him to take a Padawan.

"I'll teach you."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 05:58:56 PM
Jamel eyes shot open like he had been hit by a dart. A smile immeditately came to his face as he realized the terms of this statement. Jumping forward he hugged Zeke as tight as possible in a show of glee. Jumping off, he began leaping happily about the arena throwing his hands to the air.

"Yah! Yah! Yah!" He hollered in joy.

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:05:30 PM
The utter happiness of the man...reminds him of someone he knows. Probably himself.

"Ok...settle down and we'll have your first lesson here and now."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:12:47 PM
Jamel stopped and obeyed his master, coming to utter silence as his the youth's inner self kept jumping about. He couldn't hold it in much, maybe because he felt his wait was so long.

"What shall we do Master Zeke?" He blinked only once questioned the loose ended statement of their training commence.

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:20:59 PM
Well, before you can use the Force, you have to learn how to control it at will. How to summon it, suppress it...y'know. What do you know about the Force?"

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:30:12 PM
Jamel thought to himself, staring down at his lightsaber.

"I know that it binds all things together, and it gives that of a Jedi great ability. I know little in how I use it myself, sometimes it comes from bare emotion. Im not sure how it really works." Jamel finally said, placing his lightsaber at his waist.

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:44:05 PM
"Emotion is exactly how it works. Y'know that really old bit of advice the Jedi Masters use alot? The darkside one...Anger, hatred, aggression. The dark side are they...All those are emotions, and all of them fuel the dark side. So I believe that the Force is dependent on emotion...I might be wrong, but if I am, no one's told me different. The light side focuses on the positive...happiness, calm, love...that sort of thing. So find something that evokes one of those emotions in you. And get comfortable."

Zeke takes a seat by the door where he's been standing and watches his newest Padawan.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:30:03 PM
Jamel stopped, gesturing a hand to the back of his head, scratching it with a smile coming to his face.

"Umm, Master dont we have to go to the Recruiting Room and fill out the papers for the Padawanship?" Jamel questioned, his eyebrow raising as he awaited a reply.

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:46:44 PM
"Peh, the paperwork's just there for the sake of info. Not a form to fill out, though usually people get accepted into the Order there, not here. Don't worry about it, if people have a problem, they can come to me. Now go on. Find a positive emotion."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:50:34 PM
It was hard to find a positive emotion within him, he had gone through so much, and hatred was so easy ot fall to, just like the parellel line beside it to the Dark Side. He placed his thumb at his teeth and began nervously biting down on it attempting to find a positive emotion. Searching through his expirences, he frowned as they came by his mind like a speeder. Then he smiled suddenly as an emotion of happines came over him. It was that of his fellow slaves who were freed because of the Jedi Order.

"I found one.." He happily said, looking over to that of his Master.

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:04:49 PM
"Well that's good. Now, focus on it. Not the cause of the emotion, but the emotion itself. Let it fill you."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:20:01 PM
"Fell you.." He whispered to himself, contemplating on the meaning of that statement, but after secodns of concentration on the words itself, he began thinking of the emotion. It was weird to think of an emotional state, but it really wans't relevant in this issue, the Force was to guide him through this situation, and their would of course be some uneasiness, but it'd be resolved after it was done.

Happiness: "Characterized by good luck; fortunate. 2. Enjoying, showing, or marked by pleasure, satisfaction, or joy. 3. Being especially well-adapted; felicitous", that was the dictonary evaluation of the word, he remembered that, but the reality form, it was something that enlight your every step like a lamp of some sort. It would fill the body at all times if you caught it, it was like a plague of greatness. You'd embrace it if you got it, and if you didn't, you'd embark on having it. If it was found through currency, then shall it be, but normally in that of a good person it was found through that of another. It was incredible how the Light side of hte Force all lined up like a column telling you things mystically.

"I think I ...I have it Master." The boy strained his words out, while the concentration gradually came to an end, and it was as easy as breathing.

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:27:04 PM
"Practice it, and you'll be able to summon Force without a second thought. Once you find the Force, you can learn to use it. You can float objects, boost your natural abilities, cast illusions, read minds...a whole slew of skills become open to those with the capability to use the Force. But, you must be careful how you use these skills. And do NOT become totally reliant on them. You may find yourself without the Force, and you must be prepared for it."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:38:17 PM
Jamel smiled back, and placed his hands over his chest. It had been easy to manage Happiness and positivity after his concentration. He began summoning it every second after shadows casted over his thought.

"I think I'm ready to summon that of the Force" He told his master in a keenly stern voice, but yet casual in his youthful form.

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:42:59 PM
"Ok...time to learn some tech. Let's do a useful skill. It's fairly basic, and easy enough, but becomes stronger as your ability to call upon and utilize the Force increases. Firstly, Force boost. Summon Force and shunt it around your body. Let's see you jump and touch the ceiling."

The ceiling is high overhead, no one could jump that high naturally. It'll take the Force to make such a leap.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:49:57 PM
Jamel moved his lips to the side in a gesture of thought. It wasn't that he was unable to grasp the force, but he didn't believe in himself at that moment. It took moments of pondering, and wandering of his mind to find what he saw to be a resource of pride, and confidence. Lookingd own, his fist clutched and a slow aura floated about him, grinding his teeth, he lept into the air. His focus wasn't completely on and he didn't manage to touch the ceiling, but he did nearly make it.

Coming down, he grinded his teeth and pushed himself up once more, aiming for the ceiling with his mind on a concentrational state. Reaching the ceiling he twirled himself about kicking the ceiling with his feet and throwing himself down. Hitting the surface he pushed himself backward, skidding along the ground as he fell into a tranquilized stance.

"I think I did it." He confidently said, he really didn't know, his eyes were closed the whole time...

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 10:06:10 PM
"You did. Was a real stretch though. Tell you what...let's chill. Rest up some. For now, let's just talk. I'll trade you fact for fact."

Zeke leans his head back and stares at the ceiling in thought.

"I was born on a starship."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 10:19:45 PM
Jamel fall down happily, listening to his Master, but quickly he had questioned as the ignorant ones would. He didn't know much about his Master, or even much about the whole situation that was transcending by him.

"A Starship, why were you born on a starship?"

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 10:23:20 PM
"B'cuz m'mom was on her way somewhere. My dad...he was missing. I dunno who my Dad is. Mom died giving birth to me, so the crew adopted me."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 10:26:38 PM
Jamel smiled, crossing his legs as a humorous joke came to mind from that statement.

"I dont know why anybody would adopt you, you dont look special." Jamel jockingly responded, a smile widened upon his face. "I'm Kidding Master-Well Fact for Fact, would you like to know something about me?"

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 10:29:38 PM
"Naturally. You owe me two, I believe."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 10:42:31 PM
He chuckled under his breath, leaning back against the stonetiled ground, staring up at the ceiling above.

"Wella fact about me...hmmm, I'd just have to say that I was a certified slave under Republic premesis, and well..." He paused for a second, searching for the words that would be correct for a statement of that such. Gradually he found it as he talk, he couldn't keep his Master waiting, "I was born on Lok, and I have no parents.."

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 10:46:25 PM
"I was taught to always be happy."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 11:16:28 PM
Jamel was very tenative about his next question, he knew the reprocussions, but he wanted to understand to respond. He really didn't want to reveal himself too much, he didn't want to be known for a coward who was inslaved because of his unknown reason. He didn't know why though, but maybe because he didn't want to be different.

Sejah

He had called him out of his creed, and he was doing the same hypocritical thing that he did.

"I have a question, two actually. Well....I have more of a statement. I will be back in a second, I must tell someone something immeditately, it is needed. When I come back can we continue our training?" He didn't wait for a response, he just rushed out the door waving at his master. He didn't want to disobeye his Master on the first day of training, but he'd need to present himself to Sejah as soon as possible.

Zeke
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:19:20 AM
Zeke waves dismissively.

"Whenever you're ready..."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 6th, 2003, 06:57:42 PM
Jamel ventured back in a few moments after his abrupt exit. Heading toward his master, he cautiously, nervously, and respectfully bowed to him. Coming to a knee quickly in a more modern kingpin respective form.

"I'm sorry master for my abrupt disapperence, but I'd like to continue with my training...." He said with a stern tone, but his undertone was very fearful, and unknowing. Sorrow fell upon his face as he felt the sudden need to express more, but he hesitated and await the response.

Zeke
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:01:13 PM
"Don't sweat it. Chill. That fear you're feeling is a magnet for darkside tendencies. Relax. I'm not mad at you."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:05:45 PM
He took himself gradually from his kneel, staring toward that of his Master, asuring himself with his Master's emotion that their was no hidden anger behind the possible emotional mask. Nodding in reply to the wise statement, he gulped down and began.

"What are we to do now in my training?" He said, pausing for a second before he began onceu more. "Are we to start were we began with the postivity, and Light side of the Force or are we to continue where we stopped?"

Zeke
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:09:09 PM
"Hm...You've done some Force boost...Let's continue with it. You've jumped...see that big cabinet over there? The one with all the training equipment?"

Once he was sure Jamel knew the one he meant--the one with all the remote droids and practice sabers and dummies--he grinned.

"Lift it."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:12:18 PM
Jamel doubted the ability of himself to do such a thing. He didn't even know how to lift the dummies in itself, so how could he manage to physically pick up the whole thing. He'd have to think quick, something would have to help him through this, his master was just testing him in intelligence.

Jamel searched around the room and looked down at his lightsaber, he smirked and ignited it, rushing toward the cabinit which held all the equipt near the door. Slicing at it to pieces, he watches as all the equipt fell out and then he gradually, and slowly pulled it up over his head.

"Haha! I knew I could do it!" He said gleefully, but ignorantly.

Zeke
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:16:49 PM
"Not quite...boost yourself with the Force, then lift one of the other cabinets..."

Zeke is suppressing laughter. He's not laughing at Jamel. He's laughing because the Padawan reminds him alot of himself.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:30:39 PM
"Eep! The Force, hmmm...I hope-" He stopped that thought quickly as possible, rearranging his words as his eyes sternly narrowed downward as seriousness splashed on his face like a fall into a pool. He began once again with his wording changed, " I will lift it up!"

As he had been taught, he seekd for what was positive in his life at the time, it was many things, and it was easy to find one immeditately. It was of his time here, finally being accepted by a Jedi, and seen as a special novice instead of just a foolish kid from Lok. He had heard in his life people talk behind his back during his canidancy, and say things about his ability and emotional instability. He hated it, it only mad his anger flush to newer scales, but as he matured he managed to surpess it at times, but at others it imploded and he couldn't hold it. It switched on and off, sometimes manually, sometimes automatically, but no longer was that the problem. The evil within himw ould be vanquished during his training, or so he hoped.

Motioning his hand forward as he had seen so many other Jedi's do previous, he beckoned the thing with a call of the Positive Vibing Force to lift the object. It took a matter of seconds for it to slowly rattle, but it quickly came to an end with a stress of the boy's mind. It wasn't that he couldn't hold this emotional state for that long, but it was that of his concentration on other emotions that came in all at once. He was instable. ]

Frustrated he threw himself back and swung his hand forward, reaching back into what had guided in him in the path to rattle the object in the beginning, he smirked. He wasn't overly-confident this time, nor was his frustration still throbbing his brain, it was all knowledge as the Jedi Code said. He knew he could do it, and their were no doubts flushing in the path of his positive force. Pushing it up, he pressed it against the all with his force. It took a few seconds from it to really move after concentration, but it did move.

"I did it.." When the boy spoke the levitating object fell down and rattled a bit with a few dummies and objects falling. Turning back, Jamel stared at them, giggling happily. Moving his body around he stared up at his Master giggle with his eyes closed, overflowed with glee. "Sorry, hehe.." The voice of the boy trailed on thorought the meduim sized arena, giggling as hard as possible before he fell down with happiness sprouting from him.

He was emotionally instable many kids in the Jedi Order who came from his past would be, but it seemed at that moment instability was no longer a factor, and happiness was the only thing that was the boy's tender, elegant mind.

Zeke
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:42:49 PM
"Telekinesis! A specialty of mine. Now that you've lifted it mentally, let's see you use your arms and lift that."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 6th, 2003, 07:46:34 PM
Jamel questioned quickly, as he displayed previously their were always different possibility of lifting an object in physical form.

"With the objects still applied, with them all in it...Master?" He questioned concernly, and confusedly.

Zeke
Jan 6th, 2003, 09:22:02 PM
Zeke waves and the cabinets open, fill with all they can hold, and shut themselves again.

"Hop to."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 6th, 2003, 09:40:53 PM
"Eep!"

Jamel shreiked out lowly, looking down into his palm as he wondered how'd he managed such a task. Maybe...ah, probably not. Instead of going with his first thought, he rushed toward the cabinate and rarely attempt to physically push it upward. His youth, and reliance less on his endurance, and speed took him from even pushing it up a few inches. Strainfully screaming out as he attempted, he felt a blister catch into his hand.

Jumping back he bounced around holding his hand. Gradually coming to a stop he pulled it out, and looked over at Master Zeke.

"I'm sorry Master, I don't know how, or if I can do it."

Zeke
Jan 6th, 2003, 09:42:16 PM
"Use Force boost. Call the Force...shunt its power into your arms, use the Force's strength to amplify your own..."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 6th, 2003, 09:55:50 PM
"Eeh..."

He squirked out again, resembling the sound of a mouse. That was his first thought, but he did manage to withdraw from that and go to a more reasonably physical idea. Looking down into his bruised hands, he began focusing on the many sources of positivity that had trailed past his life, or even within stories. Anything positive would help in this instint. Then it happened...

Everything went black....

The wind was rustling through the terrain, soft and humind was the air. It was a great day on the planet of Spira where many rested and troublesome lifestyle wasn't even considered. It was an amazing area, the old and the youth embracing the land about them without a frown even a mile away. Islands seperated by the delicate waters, wielding the animals of the sea. It was a great world, oh was it a great world.

The boy stood there, grasping out at the air, holding tightly onto it, as his eyes closed. He was transfixed with his surrondings that he even went to the point of grasping for it, clutching upon every particle he could for him to use as a survineer. This boy was Jamel, a brown haired adept, only 13 and a half years old. The imagination of the boy illustrated this area in his brain, in his mental stability.

Yet, this boy managed to believe this world was of true reality, filled with love and lush. Spira, the planet itself was actually a real world which held much of the concepts that his mind had achieved in creating, but his only- yet very big - mistake was that he had never been there in his entire life. Hologramic imagery was the only format that he had seen this land in, but he managed to use it as a instrument in his dream..

In his Force

He awoke from the void of unreality, and his fingers were out holding upon the cabinet side. Realizing his body was in tranquil, and the situation he was in, he began intensifying his arm strenght. It was the help of the Force that led to the slow blue aura that could be visably seen levitating around his hand. Gradually pulling it up, smiling at his own success for a matter of seconds, but he clumsingly lost control and the cabinet fell down upon him.

The room was filled with a dreadful hush, but then it suddenly was interrupted by a rustling sound. Then it boomed out, the cabinet being broken with the aura mist foaming from the opening. The young boy dashed with incredible, but sourcefully physical speed out, landing down before his Master. He smiled at him with a gleeful sense that ran along it. Bowing in respect his smile slowly faded as seriousness came to be. Now he was to inquire, what was next..

"So, Master I have yet another question, are we to rest, or just continue my Force Training? I think I'm becoming fairly good at the force boost." The boy commented, his hands held at his side, straight like a bowing arrow, his body proportioned like a sticked dart. He seemed like a robotic soldier in the military of the Trade Federation, but even stiffer. He was nervous, but he tried to hide it with all his might. He didn't want to fail his master, he had done it more then once in this session, and maybe he could make up for his mistake if the Force Training continued.

Zeke
Jan 7th, 2003, 07:58:02 AM
Zeke laughs.

"Good at Force boost? Understatement! We'll chill...let the janitor clean up the mess you've made."

He stands and puts a hand on Jamel's shoulder, then shakes him.

"You're stiff as a board. Loosen up."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:02:45 PM
He gradually loosened up, he was hopping they would still train, but it was always nice to rest. Sighing, he looked down into his unbruised hands, and back up at his Master.

"So, what are we to do now?"

Zeke
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:09:39 PM
"Rest. Lesson's done. Practice it on your own, both boost and simply summoning Force. We'll have another lesson soon. Best not to do too many techniques at one go. I'll overload you if I'm not careful."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:27:45 PM
Jamel Croko'yn began spectulating as he headed for the door with his hand slowly raising. Where was his Quaters, he hadn't been completely registered for them in the Jedi Area. Scratching his head, he rotated about, his frontier facing his Jedi Master.

"Excuse me Master Zeke, where are my Quaters, and where is my sector as well?" Jamel questioned, tilting his head confusedly to the side.

Zeke
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:44:51 PM
"Your quarters are the first empty room you find."

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 7th, 2003, 09:07:54 PM
Jamel smiled and rushed out, screaming out "thank you" as he exited. Running happily down the halls with his cape fluttering behind him in the mix of his stride.

"On to his Quaters!"