PDA

View Full Version : A new beginning

Satine
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:25:38 PM
Satine walked into an empty room and looked around. "Well, I guess this is home."

Her life was about to start over. By joining the Order she would now have a chance to redeem herself for her past and the lives she has taken. Her life ad been spent as a hired assasin until something caused her to change.

For a brief period, during which she was brought to the academy, she lost her memory. But now it was back, all except for the reason why she forgot in the first place.

Her belongings were few, and unpacking took no time at all, so she turned to her little kitchen area and put on some tea to help her relax.

Helenias Evenstar
Jan 6th, 2003, 01:31:34 AM
There was a knock on the door. I had decided to follow up on Satine, to see how she was settling in. I awaited at her door for her to answer.

Satine
Jan 6th, 2003, 05:01:30 PM
Satine heard the knock and went to open the door. Upon opening it she saw her new Master, Helenias.

"Hello," Satine said greeting her Master, "Come inside, would you like a cup of tea?"

Helenias Evenstar
Jan 7th, 2003, 03:09:47 AM
"Why, that would be most appreciated" I stated, coming in. "I dropped by to see how you were settling in. Is this place to your liking?"

Satine
Jan 12th, 2003, 10:36:41 PM
"Yes, it's actually quite cozy. The perfect place for me to restart my life."

Satine turned to the stove and poured out two cups of tea. She walked over to Helenias, handed her one and sat down. Then she motioned to the chair next to her, silently asking Helenias to sit down with her.

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:12:24 PM
As drake went to go to his room he sence a familiar signiature no to far away. As he follow his sences which led his to an open door. As he entered the room he found to women one of which he new and the other never met before. He bowed to both woman showing his respects.

"Hi Satine how are you? and Hello to you Master Jedi I'm Drake Lonerunner Brother to Straffe Stormrider and cousin of the storriders. I am sorry if im intruding on something"

Satine
Jan 14th, 2003, 07:47:05 PM
"No not at all. Nice to see you again Drake. Please sit down, would you like a cup of tea?" Satine asked as she raised, turning back to her teapot.

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:53:31 PM
Drake eyebrown rose. He never had tea before but was wiling to try it. He always love trying new things

"Sure and thank you"

Drake extended his arm and pulled the nearest chair towards him and sat own. Drake then turn to thelady in white.

"Hello me-lady and how are you this evening?"

Helenias Evenstar
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:54:12 AM
Well, that was unexpected, I thought. This newcomer was like some sort whirlwind in his haste and the way he spoke. I could pick up however, this Lonerunner was known to Satine.

"I am well" I stated, matter of factly.

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:47:05 PM
Drake nodded and had a sip of tea

"That good to my'lady" he then turned to Satine

"Well tis is excellent tea thank you very much"

Drake sat back and had another sip

Satine
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:02:24 PM
"Drake was with me and helped out when my memory returned." Satine said to her master explaining how they had met.

"It shook me up a little but I recovered quickly."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:46:35 PM
Drake nodded while he took another sip of this incredible tasting tea.

Helenias Evenstar
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:49:55 PM
"Really? Excellent"

While I didn't want to really intrude, I did have some business to discuss.

"Satine, my visit wasn't just to see how you were settling in, but also to discuss what you wish to do in the immediate future, for your training. While the Warrior Arts are what I am most proficient in - and I would add, I personally believe is the most fun - that is not all of a Jedi. There are many directions you can take and I would like to hear what, in your opinion, you would like to do most."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 24th, 2003, 10:18:27 PM
Drake got up and went up to Helenias

"Master Jedi if I may ask you of course, how many types of Jedi are there, for example like yourself you said you are a warrior."

Drake sttod there hoping he didn't bother her by asking this question

Helenias Evenstar
Jan 31st, 2003, 12:48:20 AM
Unfortunantly, I was indeed bothered. I hid my irritation for a moment and instead held up my hand.

"Please... I prefer not to be interupted when I ask someone a question"

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 31st, 2003, 07:05:02 AM
Drake got up from his seat and put the cup on the table and bowed to both Satine and Helenias

"I am sorry good day to you both"

Drake left the room and closedthe door quietly behind him.

Satine
Jan 31st, 2003, 04:56:13 PM
Satine sat quietly till Drake had left, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked him to come in. I knew we were trying to discuss my training." She paused and went on to answer her master's question.

"Well, I guess I'd like to look into the healing arts. I think I've done enough fighting and I'd like to start over fresh in something new. But I would appreciate any training that you gave me in dealing with the force. That is something I've never really known how to use."

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 3rd, 2003, 07:07:37 AM
"Beginning are such difficult things Satine" I stated, "Get them wrong and the damage sometimes can never be undone. Sometimes, I am not the most tactful person whom lived too, which can make things interesting.

Let me tell you first that learning the Force will be difficult. I can tell you many things, I can show you many powers - but thefirst lesson is that a true Jedi, comes from the heart. It comes from the soul and the mind. It comes with attitude, it comes out of wisdom. I can teach you all there is to know but the lessons dont reach deep into you, it's not going to be worth much.

A Jedi's strength flows from the Force that is true, but it is their attitude that really makes the difference. This is probably not the last time you will hear this from me, because in all things, I believe it is the foundation of your lessons"

Satine
Feb 6th, 2003, 09:34:35 PM
As Satine listened to her master's word's she concentrated hard on them, wanting everything to sink in and be fully understood to her. She took a moment to gather her feelings and analyze her thoughts.

"My attitude...is one of hope. A hope for change and also a desire to become something better." This was the one firm belief she could find within herself. "and... I will do whatever it takes and work my hardest to reach this."

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:13:52 AM
"A hope that you can change, that what you desire and what you will do changes?"

Simple words and I hoped I had the right meaning of what Satine said - and if I had the right meaning, it drew a smile to my face.

"Then you can be taught and taught well. The first thing in learning to be open, waiting and willing to change. But one thing more I add - dont be willing to do whatever it takes. Just do the best you can. I shall not be critical if you do so. Do less, I might be. But certainly not if you do the best you can. You will find, you will do better than you thought possible, for that is my job - to help unlock your true potential and show you the way"

Satine
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:43:22 PM
Helenias had interpreted Satine's words correctly, she wanted those changes, but she also understood her words.

"Yes, I will do my best and am ready to follow the path you show me."

Helenias Evenstar
Feb 15th, 2003, 01:17:56 AM
"Excellent. I'll leave you alone for now, but please report to the training halls tomorrow. We will begin some real training then"

Satine
Feb 15th, 2003, 09:23:14 AM
"Yes Master, I'll be there." Satine said bowing in respect and farewell.