PDA

View Full Version : Return to the Bar

Sten the Chimp
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:15:49 PM
Sten, in his new form, walked into the bar. His mind was immediately swamped with memories of the place from when he was a Jedi. "But that was then and this is now," Sten said to himself as he pushed away the memories. He walked to the bar, his stature and even his body much stronger and more powerful than before. His boots thudded hard on the ground with each step. Once at the bar, he sits down, lightly tapping the table with his index-finger. Sten amplified the tap with the Force, so that it was much louder than the sound of a fist coming down and thudding on the bar. His words were smooth, calm, confident.

"Bring me a beer."

imported_Gerbo Lang
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:50:13 PM
Gerbo Lang walked into the Bar with a bit of Fight in his eyes but he knew better in this place so he stifled his Aggression. Gerbo walked up to the bar and he noted a man at the end of the bar. The man seemed to be a force user judging by the sound of his tap.

Gerbo stared at the man a bit longer then let his glare scan the rest of the bar. He saw no one else that interested him. Gerbo ordered a whiskey as he study the man determining weather he could take him or not.

Hart
Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:14:56 PM
*It was a somewhat familiar presence. One that I had not felt in a long time...*

"Sten," I bowed slightly before I joined his table, "It's been a while since we've spoken to each other."

*I could feel a sense of conflict within him as he had sat. The memories of this bar were indeed powerful.*

"How has your life been since you're turned to the darkness?," I examined his face as I searched his emotions. "Is it as rewarding as you thought it would be?" I leaned forward, and spoke softly, "Have you come to realize that there is much suffering in the path you have chosen," I look downwards onto the table, "It is not too late to return. There must still be some good left in you."

*Was I crazy? Here I was, now but a cattle-herder and farmer from the rural regions of Naboo trying to talk reason into a battle-hardened Sith. Well... was I crazy? I guess we'll see by how well I can handle this conversation.*

Sten the Chimp
Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:46:54 PM
"Could it be.......why yes it is! Hart! How ya been, man? I haven't seen you in......years!"

Sten grinned with his new mouth, and offered up a handshake. As his hand extended out, he felt hatred from someone. Someone wanted to fight him. Sten wouldn't fight here, for it was neutral ground, and could be grounds for Sten to face several Jedi, some of which might be stronger...... Sten would fight them, lose or no, but he didn't want to fight today. At least not yet. He focuses his attention back on Hart.

"So, how're things?"

Hart
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:29:48 PM
*I chuckled and clasped the extended hand.*

"I'm doing pretty well. Living a relaxing retirement on a farm I won on a bet. It's boring at times, living alone kilometers from any other lifeform, but it's helped me lose decades off of my face."

*I leaned back into my chair and signaled the waiter droids to take our order.*

"How about you? Still having fun? I see you haven't changed too much."

Sten the Chimp
Jan 4th, 2003, 04:52:39 PM
"Of course. To not have fun is not to live...."

Sten grinned at Hart.

"I probably should retire from this life of mine, but it wouldn't be much fun........and since you are retired, you are no longer a Jedi, and therefore, I won't have to kill you......"

Sten stared at Hart evilly for a few, seemingly eternal, seconds....then exploded with laughter!

"I wouldn't kill an old friend.....unless circumstances made me have to act otherwise....and save for the new look, I really haven't had to change too much......"

Hart
Jan 5th, 2003, 12:40:01 AM
"Well, I'm glad going to the darkside hasn't completely ruined your common sense. So tell me what you've been up to lately. I couldn't possibly imagine being a Sith more rewarding than being a Jedi."

Sten the Chimp
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:19:35 PM
"Well, each one does have it's ups and downs.....I felt much more powerful as a Sith than I did when I was a Jedi. And being Sith gives you much more freedom....and the people are great....in their own little ways."

Sten ordered a beer and listened for Hart's order.

Hart
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:56:52 PM
After I order my juice, I turn back to the Sith. "Well, is there a reason why you've decided to drop by this bar? I know this may come as a surprise," I mock an amazed look, "but there are real life Jedi that are swarming this place!"

The drinks arrive and I pick them both up, handing Sten his beer. "Unfortunately, I'm stuck here for a couple standard hours until they fix the hyperdrive on The Catch. I had a little scuffle with pirates back near Kessel Run."

H. A. Ferenczy
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:45:25 PM
Delete this post.

Sten the Chimp
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:49:49 PM
"Ooo. Pirates. Sounds like fun..... perhaps I could help...."

Reaching in his pocket, he throws out several credits onto the table, more than enough to fix a hyperdrive.

"This might give them a little more incentive......"

Sten opened his beer and sipped a little on it, leaning towards Hart. He chuckled softly.

"Puh-lease! Like I'm worried about any Jedi.....hell, they made the rule themselves: no fighting in the bar......and besides, I'm here to drink and try out this new body, to see it's results......perhaps it may be by drinking, perhaps by fighting, but either way, it'll get a bit of a trial run."

Sten then got an idea.

"Speaking of pirates, perhaps I could ride around with you for a few days or so, to help you around the ship......it would kill the boredom that's plaguing me at the moment......and perhaps we'll see a little battle, in which I could try this body out in strength and in the Force.....whaddya say?"

Hart
Jan 10th, 2003, 12:01:50 PM
"Well, I'm going to be going back to my place on Naboo. You're welcome to come for a ride if you need a lift somewhere."

I would be interesting, to say the least. Sten and I were nothing less than a twisted episode of the Odd Couple. Excited? Adventure? I shook my head. I remember Master Yoda scolding me during my first few years of training all those years ago for those feelings. But I wasn't a Jedi anymore, was I?

"And sure, if we see a scuffle along the way, " I gave Sten a wink, "we'll see what we can do about it."

I jerked my head to the right. "My ships on platform 34B. Meet you there in 2 standard hours? That's about when they said they'd have it back together again."

Sten the Chimp
Jan 13th, 2003, 03:28:21 PM
"Ok, I will do that. I have everything that I need on me...."

To emphasize, Sten looked down at a utility pouch and the many pockets on his vest and his pants.

"......but until, then let us enjoy our drinks."

Sten lifted the bottle and sipped on the heavy beer.

"So, anything else besides farming?"

Hart
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:01:13 PM
I smile and shake my head.

"Trust me, farming is a lot harder than it looks. Even with a droid it's a full time job for most of the harvest season. And I don't even have a very large peice of land. But..." I stretch, "it's a good living. I highly recommend it."

Sten the Chimp
Jan 16th, 2003, 05:58:08 PM
"Yep, I know that. Before my days of Force using, I worked as a farm hand....."

Remembering the old times, he sips on his beer.

"Yep, those were the good ol' days....."