PDA

View Full Version : And the worst fad of all time is...

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:27:33 PM
Okay, this is a thread is dedicated to all those that are sick and tired of movies/books/fads that have a hype bigger than Fat B*stard's butt. Name it, and if you want, tell us why you think it's over rated. This is just so people can get some steam off their chest whenever need be. *pokes at everyone that hates Spiderman and smiles*

ReaperFett
Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:30:07 PM
Matrix :)

Zeke
Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:31:36 PM
LotR

Sanis Prent
Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:37:47 PM
Boy bands

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:41:55 PM
Pop singing women who wear next to nothing, now with greasy hair!*coughsChristinacoughs*

Telan Desaria
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:00:19 PM
Pogs.

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:04:32 PM
The Season of "Good Will".

Pilot Akito
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:05:12 PM
Anything Day-Glo...

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:12:07 PM
Pogs? LOL Its been a while since I heard of those.

Pokemon is over rated, and so is this... Yu-gi-Oh! It's just a rip off of pokemon and a poor one at that. All they do is play cards, it's not even interesting at all.

Marilyn Bellucci
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:37:15 PM
LOL! I haven't heard of pogs since 4th grade.. And then they were already a dying fad...

Anyways! People are gonna hit me for saying this, but

Evangelion! I just don't get what all the fuss is about.. :cry I don't like it.

Oh, and I have to agree about the Matrix. -.- I understood the movie perfectly, but I don't get what's so great about it.

Ryla Relvinian
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:02:05 PM
I am not ashamed of my dislike of Anime. Comics, yes. Pointless, over the top, lame Anime just bugs me. That and Midi files on webpages.

Blaine
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:14:52 PM
Star Wars. Uh.... I mean music that they play over and over on the radio that makes you just hate it.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:22:33 PM
Guys and their cars..... :rolleyes

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:30:31 PM
Originally posted by Xazor Leo Dawnstrider
Guys and their cars..... :rolleyes

That's no fad. That's a lifestyle! There can never be too many cars! You can never have too much kilowatts! Turbos, 4wd, all in a small car with 5 or 6 speed dog box, 22 point rollcage built out of 55 meters of CDS steel, seam welded and stripped out, brkes the size of pizza trays with 4 point Brembo calipers, ajustible pedal box....

what's there not to love in that????

Xazor Elessar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:34:37 PM
Lo siento.....no hablo eh......Australian? ;) :lol

English, please?! :lol

Okay okay.......guys and their vehicles other than those which are used for the purposes Marcus uses them for.....yeah.... :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:37:03 PM
C'mon Sejah, back me up here! What about Falcon XC hardtops with air clutch supercharger and quad side dump exhaust?

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:38:36 PM
I admit that I hated Evangelion too. It hit too close to home with Shinji for me. Plus the ending sucked and some of the episodes made absolutely no sense.

Another fad that sucks, wearing a visor cap backwards and upside down.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:42:18 PM
:rolleyes @ Marcus......whatever buddy! ;) :lol

I totally agree with you, Zatania.....that backwards, upsidedown visor thing was STUPID! :lol

Another fad.....the Ricky Martin conspiracy.... :lol Everyone loved that dude for a loooooooooong time. His music was alright...but honestly, he wasn't like, burning hot! :lol Same with the new Vin Diesel fad...... or however you spell that guys name. Sure, he's hot, but.....not really really hot....not like.....ARAGORN! THE NUDE RANGER! I mean.....uh......cya guys...... ;) :lol

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:44:24 PM
I HATE VIN! He's absolutely hideous!!! >.< He looks like he's on crack or something! And bald men are so gross!

Silus Xilarian
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:45:48 PM
I totally agree with the Vin Diesel fad being lame....In fact, I will ask all of you to join me in petitioning for a remake of "Pitch Black"

In this remake, I think Johns should kill R i d d i c k(Diesel)

Why? Oh...no reason :rolleyes

Who's with me :)?

Edit: Sorry if the name is considered circumventing, but honestly, Im not trying to curse :p

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:47:50 PM
I am, although I have no idea what you're talking about.

Another fad thats stupid is how a bunch of rap fiends call their girlfriends "b*tches" as if it were some sort of normal cutesy nickname.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:02:56 PM
Pokemon

Xazor Elessar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:05:55 PM
Yeah, Zatania....I noticed that too. :verymad That's a bunch of BS, if you ask me.

Silus Xilarian
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:09:56 PM
What, Vin killing Johns?.......I completely agree

:verymad @ Vin Diesel

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:13:48 PM
The Rap thing is just plain disgusting as is the whole gangsta rap thing. Oh and Britney and the latest half nude so called singers of her ilk.

What's weird is how Emimen, with his reputation, one of the themes through his latest CD is love for his daughter. That gets props from me

Xazor Elessar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:19:41 PM
Yeah, I completely agree Marcus...he really loves his daughter and that's evident in his latest CD, "The Eminem Show". Yeah, I listen to his music and like it a lot....and I bought his last CD to add to my collection and it's very good what he says.... :)

I hate the way that rappers are just talking about money, cars, women.....women.....and of course, women. What are we, hunks of meat hanging in a butcher shop ready to be bought?!!! Sorry, but that's disgusting. Same thing with how they all wear those huge golden chained necklaces with really big (and ugly) pendants on them....money signs and what have you. The other thing that is sick...is those little stickers of the silhouette of a woman ( you know what I am talking about ) that most guys put on their car/truck windows. :( How degrading.....and it's a stupid fad.

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:23:56 PM
I think he's one big idiotic fad himself. He still sang about killing his wife in front of his daughter in a couple of songs, and that still has me angry. No wonder his wife cheated on him and went crazy.

Silus Xilarian
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:25:23 PM
The other thing that is sick...is those little stickers of the silhouette of a woman ( you know what I am talking about ) that most guys put on their car/truck windows. :( How degrading.....and it's a stupid fad.

Most guys? or some guys?

Oh btw...I believe she cheated on him before....Not really condoning the song, but she isnt a Saint herself........

Xazor Elessar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:38:06 PM
Some....sorry Silus....some guys.....well, most guys around where I live....but other than that....some guys, I suppose. :\

ReaperFett
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:42:15 PM
If he loves his daughter so much, shouldnt he respect the fact that she will grow up with the entire world know that he doesnt like her mother?

Oh, another thing that bugs me. Not happened in here, but has at SWF before. When the moment a male even makes a MENTIOn of a good looking female, someone does the "typical man" rubbish, as if it is illiegal to say someone is good looking or similar. It's WORSE when they do the same thing!

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:43:01 PM

The other thing that is sick...is those little stickers of the silhouette of a woman ( you know what I am talking about ) that most guys put on their car/truck windows. How degrading.....and it's a stupid fad.

Those guys - who are a minority thankfully - are retards. Hopefully they will grow up one day. Grrr. Believe me, there are some guys out there who look on those twerps and give them the disrespect they deserve.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 05:59:18 PM
Yeah....that's pretty cool for those guys, Marcus....I appreciate those REAL men....not the ones who get their kicks from a little sticker that belongs in the garbage.

Sanis Prent
Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:09:34 PM
Is the silhouette you? Then whats the problem?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:29:03 PM
I thought this was about fads?

Worst fad: bottle blondes. :x And the way women's clothes keep getting smaller and more see-through.

Best fad they should bring back: Break dancing!! ;)

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:06:48 PM
Someone said this before, prolly as a joke... but I'm gonna say it in an almost serious sense.

Star Wars, all 5 films. The OT = great, but for some reason, I can't sit through even Empire Strikes back without falling asleep... I honestly think I've watched it one too many times. And the Prequals.. yeah, the OT fad pushed up TPM to what it was... and even that isn't good. I could probably sit through AOTC once more all the way through before falling asleep... or hitting the "next" button on my dvd remote control to skip those Padme/Anakin scenes that are smack dab in the middle of the flick. Grr.

Andraq Novkar
Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:12:04 PM
Bah!!!! Yu-Gi-Oh! Is awesome! It is a whole lot better than Pokimon. They are not just playing cards. It has a plot. Saving people's lives, like his grandfather?

(Sorry, couldn't think of a fad, and I had to defend Yu-Gi-Oh!)

Zeke
Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:16:37 PM
I just like Yu-Gi-Oh's opening theme. "It's TIME to du-du-du-DUEL!" Hell to the yes.

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:49:57 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I thought this was about fads?

Worst fad: bottle blondes. :x And the way women's clothes keep getting smaller and more see-through.

I pay hell to try and find decent shirts that are long enough not to show my belly and shorts that aren't up my crack. I mean, heck, girls my size shouldn't be wearing something like that and they're still making it impossible to find decent clothes to cover everything.

Vinny Red
Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:59:56 PM
Worst fads ? I can think of two right off the top of my head.......The banger/mullet phase back in the 80's.....and the fluorescent colors of the 80's, especially the pink and the green

* shudders remembering it *

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:04:23 PM
OMG... You just revived a traumatizing moment from the 80s for me. My sister gave me the elephant ear hairstyle on my first day of kindergarden and all the kids from every single grade teased me, even a few teachers laughed.

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:07:25 PM
Menudo!!!
Unless you had a sister who listened to them you have no idea the horrors I endured. It was basically a pubescent Ricky Martin and 4 of his clones. shudder.....

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:08:45 PM
I forgot buff's favorite all time group, NKOTB. oh, the horror, the horror....

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:20:08 PM
Oh yeah, heard of them. But lucky for me never heard their songs.

Paintball. Its a fad around here and all it is is a waste of money. You can spend up to $5000 trying to get all your gear and on top of that you can supposedly upgrade the crap! It's a money trap.. I wasted a lot of money on it and then came to realize the gun was missing parts it didn't come with.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:21:17 PM
:headbash Jedieb!!

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:35:23 PM
Big NKOTB or Menudo fan? Either way I'm SCARED!!!!!!!!! O_o

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:37:37 PM
.... What the hell is NK... OH! Wait, New Kids On The Block. I have to agree actually. Would have saved me a black eye when my best friend beat the crap out of me when I told her that I wanted to marry Jordan Knight.

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:42:26 PM
That's my point, nothing but horror and violence ever came from NKOTB. :x

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:44:40 PM
I was beating you [Jedieb] for reminding me that they existed in the first place. :x

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:49:58 PM
SEE!!! Just the mere mention of their name and I get beaten!!! buff is fanatical in his defense of them so I shall say no more!:angel

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:51:23 PM
Buff isn't here though. *looks around nervously* :uhoh

:p

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:52:44 PM
What do people have against mullets anyway?! My 80's one was a sight to behold!>_<

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:00:33 PM
OK, it wasn't really a mullet. More like a Shawn Cassidy layered doo. WAAAAAYYYY too much hair for my own good.

Zatania Duvall
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:02:35 PM
A lot of guys still have mullets around my town. Everytime I see them I tell them that they look like trailor trash cousin humping losers. I think its gross! >.<

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:04:48 PM
I never understood that look. It just screams; "I like looking like a Springer guest!"

Zatania Duvall
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:31:55 AM
Another fad that I can't stand that came around my town for only a short while was when people wore their shirts inside out or could buy them so that they always looked inside out.

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 12:25:03 PM
I've forgiven NKOTB. Yes their music sucked, but if it wasn't for them, what would Donnie Wahlberg be doing now? He's an excellent actor, and if it means having to endure a few years of bad music...so be it.

Silus Xilarian
Jan 4th, 2003, 02:40:12 PM
You arent thinkin of Mark are you?

I thought Donnie burned down a hotel and started on crack or something....

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 02:50:06 PM
Donnie is an even better actor IMO than Mark is.

He's been in the Sixth Sense, Band of Brothers, and the soon to be released Dreamcatcher.

He's got an extraordinary talent.

Silus Xilarian
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:12:48 PM
Ah ok :)

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:14:04 PM
Mark is better :)

Zatania Duvall
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:29:42 PM
O.o Watching you boys talk about an old boy band is just... weird... lol

Jordan got real ugly in his old age. But at least Joey doesnt look like a girl anymore.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:35:36 PM
Mark's talent is much bigger than Donnie's. That's why he got the role in Boogie Nights. I feel dirty just typing that......... (jedieb hurls again.)

Silus Xilarian
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:36:45 PM
:lol :lol

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:42:36 PM
And he says it is ME with the bad jokes! :)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:46:52 PM
Penis jokes are GOLD! :)

Sejah Haversh
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:48:28 PM
Unless it's a joke about a gold penis...

Goldmember was a terribly unfunny movie.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:52:36 PM
I still haven't seen it. The clips look funny though. So jokes about gold penises (or is it peni?) and movies about the AU members are bad huh? I'll have to remember that...

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 03:57:24 PM
Austin Powers Movies... that's a fad that DESERVES a messy death. Ugh. I just dont see what is so funny anymore - no 1 was pretty good. 2 was rotten. 3, I refuse to see.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 4th, 2003, 04:45:11 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Is the silhouette you? Then whats the problem?

It's degrading to women in general....so that's my problem and my opinion...I'm not here to argue this with you Charley. I'm stating freely what I believe just like everyone else in this thread. Thank you..... :\

Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Austin Powers Movies... that's a fad that DESERVES a messy death. Ugh. I just dont see what is so funny anymore - no 1 was pretty good. 2 was rotten. 3, I refuse to see.

I completely agree Marcus....I barly watched the first one and then I said screw the rest of them. Very very stupid and pointless! :lol

Zatania Duvall
Jan 4th, 2003, 04:56:17 PM
I loved Goldmember and the Spy who shagged me! :mad

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 4th, 2003, 07:32:08 PM
another bad fad are smilies

:D

See using one right now, it's even infected me

Silus Xilarian
Jan 4th, 2003, 07:41:12 PM
:verymad

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 07:48:28 PM
:duel

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 4th, 2003, 08:12:05 PM
Goldmember is the best of all three movies.

Secondly, whining women piss me off when it comes to this issue. All that talk about objectification of women should've died out long ago. Sorry Xazor, but what you are stating is an old-fashioned point-of-view and both men and women are free to express themselves however they choose. With equal rights and all you are in no position to complain really, you could have the sillouette of a man on your vehicle, the difference is you choose not to, well that's good for you. At the end of the day, bring to an end this "women as pieces of meat" whining, that goes to all, it irritates me beyond belief.

Year = 2003 which is quite different from 1903.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 08:19:30 PM
Whine all you want Xazor! What are you mad about Loki? Chicks can't stop themselves from whining! ;)

Sejah Haversh
Jan 4th, 2003, 08:20:32 PM
Heh, I had a sticker of Tevit in a pair of tighty-whities on my car for a while, but that doesn't mean I wanted him "that way" or that I even liked scantilly-clad furries (I don't, by the way). I just drew him, and thought he was funny, so, up he went. And when he faded, down he came.

Sadly, some women do like being objectified, and I've met quite a few. So, though some might not like it, remember that perhaps some others do. And I've known a girl who had the lady stickers on HER own truck. Why? She thought they were funny.

I'm not rooting for them, but I'm not slamming them either. I could complain about all those "My child is an honor student" bumper stickers if I wanted, but quite frankly, nobody cares.

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 4th, 2003, 08:23:17 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Whine all you want Xazor! What are you mad about Loki? Chicks can't stop themselves from whining! ;)

Oh how true. You have truly stumped me there Eb. :)

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 4th, 2003, 08:29:34 PM
Originally posted by Sejah Haversh
Heh, I had a sticker of Tevit in a pair of tighty-whities on my car for a while, but that doesn't mean I wanted him "that way" or that I even liked scantilly-clad furries (I don't, by the way). I just drew him, and thought he was funny, so, up he went. And when he faded, down he came.

Sadly, some women do like being objectified, and I've met quite a few. So, though some might not like it, remember that perhaps some others do. And I've known a girl who had the lady stickers on HER own truck. Why? She thought they were funny.

I'm not rooting for them, but I'm not slamming them either. I could complain about all those "My child is an honor student" bumper stickers if I wanted, but quite frankly, nobody cares.

agree

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 08:29:43 PM
"My Child is an Honor Student" bumper stickers are wretched. I prefer the ones that say; "My kid beat up your Honor Student." ;)

Zatania Duvall
Jan 4th, 2003, 08:39:47 PM
"Your kid may be on the honor roll, but you're still an idiot."

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 08:40:51 PM
"Get your kid off the honour roll! He'll get footprints all over it!"

:)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:10:38 PM
O_o

Yeah smileys are a horrible fad, but I can't help it. :D And if any man is stupid enough to objectify ME, I'll hurt him badly.

You cannot be possesive of me, because I AM NOT A POSSESSION! Booyah! Not that anyone's tried, I'm just preparing myself. ;)

Xazor Elessar
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:34:43 PM
:rolleyes

Whatever....I stated my opinion and then got stomped on. Thanks guys......

*leaves thread and stupid men*

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:34:48 PM
(makes stickers of LD) :angel

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:39:01 PM
Xazor, please forgive us. We are knuckle scraping brutes. Now let me go see if the little woman needs anything..... :)

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:40:20 PM
Oh Eb, because of you we're now all stupid! You apologise for the rest of the male population, now!

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:42:46 PM
I am immune to your guilt trip ray :D

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:43:01 PM
It's a conditioned reflex. When you've been married as long as I have you have no other response to the high pitched squeling of a woman.
"blah, blah, B&M, blah, blah, B&M."
"I'm sorry honey, it's my fault."
Learn the words, they will serve you well. :cool

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:46:21 PM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah

Secondly, whining women piss me off when it comes to this issue. All that talk about objectification of women should've died out long ago. Sorry Xazor, but what you are stating is an old-fashioned point-of-view and both men and women are free to express themselves however they choose. With equal rights and all you are in no position to complain really, you could have the sillouette of a man on your vehicle, the difference is you choose not to, well that's good for you. At the end of the day, bring to an end this "women as pieces of meat" whining, that goes to all, it irritates me beyond belief.

Year = 2003 which is quite different from 1903.

Really? Well let me tell you that those graphics disgust me because quite basically, Xazor is right. Those "men" for the want of a better word are turning women into just meat. I'm sorry you cant see that and what an insult it is. And the same works the other way for men ones as well. This is not freedom of speech - far from it. These men with those stickers in the resonable amount of experience I've had with such types see women exactly the way Xazor has suggested.

Just because you think it's old fashioned does NOT make her attitude either wrong or not worthwhile.

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:50:11 PM
...and declaring Loki's opinion as wrong is any better?

So you're saying that anybody who oogles a pinup in a magazine is psychologically rigged to demean the opposite sex.

You're nuts.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:53:35 PM
I'd like to re-instate that I had a picture of a furry guy in underwear on my car.

And it meant nothing about me.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:55:00 PM
If I see a sexist sticker then I ignore it. Granted, I'm not the one being objectified so it's easy for me. But women do have a lot crap to put up with. My wife has nimrods at work who believe the only individuals capable of succeeded are those that can write their name in the snow. I'd be embarrased to put anything up like that on my car. It's just childish, but hasn't everyone had sexy posters up in their dorm or room at one time? Both men AND women? Yeah I'd feel a bit put off by a Calvin Klein beefcake poster on a wall, but women are entitled to oogle also.

I was just having fun here. Xazor, if anything I said really offended you then I apologize. Now, let me think of some more wife jokes.... :angel

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:57:48 PM
I'd like to re-instate that I had a picture of a furry guy in underwear on my car.
Cousin It now feels like meat! :cry

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:06:50 PM
Yes Sanis, I am nuts in your definition. And quite gald I am too.

It's just childish, but hasn't everyone had sexy posters up in their dorm or room at one time? Both men AND women?

Honestly, no I havent. Cars yes. Landscapes and such yes. I've always been objectionable to pinups and such, not out of moral reasons to begin with. I've always been the type to stop buying say a certain car magazine as soon as they start putting pinups in there. Maybe I just thought it was the wrong place ... or it's just the way I see the world. I have never liked sexist ads or billboards, even through the phase that all teenagers go through of overactive hormones. Pretty much to the point where mum wondered if I was gay. Not saying I'm some perfect male, cause I'm not. Most males at soem point of their lives now, they whack off to porn. At some stage I did too, but that does not make porn right, nor justify it's existance. Does it? If there is one industry that deserves to vanish, its the porn one. I wish it would frizzle up and vanish permantly.

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:11:10 PM
So you're a prude. Congratulations. Doesn't mean you have to crap all over it for the rest of mankind.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:12:00 PM
Thank you Marcus for backing me up. I really appreciate it. :)

I am speaking my point of view as I said before...I didn't step on anyone else and what they believe.....if you noticed, I left them alone. And Charley, Marcus isn't nuts.....we weren't even talking about posters or anything of that sort. :\

Oh and another thing.....he didn't crap on mankind for his beliefs! You claim to be some great Christian, Charley...yet you defy the moral standards of the Faith? Now isn't tha a bit hypocritical?

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:12:38 PM
I just dont see the big deal. First "Hot ____" ranking thread in the upper forums that I know of was 80% male ranks, but was started my a female. I go one place, I see Dae's avatar. I go another, and theres a picture of a woman. Next place, Vin Diesel not wearing much. Place after....

I dont see the difference. I can look at a woman, admire the form and still be respectful.

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:14:49 PM
Posters, pinups, stickers...does it really matter?

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:16:21 PM
Honestly, no I havent. Cars yes. Landscapes and such yes. I've always been objectionable to pinups and such, not out of moral reasons to begin with. I've always been the type to stop buying say a certain car magazine as soon as they start putting pinups in there. Maybe I just thought it was the wrong place.

That's your choice, but there's a place and time for just about anything. I don't feel guilty about having Budweiser posters with girls in college. My sister had plenty of Don Johnson pictures up in her room. I'd just tell her; "Put a shirt on that guy and tell him to shave!" But she's within her rights. I don't think EVERY sexy picture of a woman or man is insulting. It just depends on the situation and the place. But I'm not going to judge anybody. Except Steve Guttenburg. I judge him EVIL. :crack

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:17:35 PM
So you're a prude. Congratulations. Doesn't mean you have to crap all over it for the rest of mankind.

Yes I am a prude. And now I'm thinking straighter than I have for some time, finally, it's exactly what I want to be.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:18:19 PM
If this thread results in Dae getting rid of her avatar I'm going to hunt you all down and destroy all of you................... :evil

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:18:43 PM
Hey, let Don off, he DID give the world Nash Bridges :)

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:20:28 PM
I was offended when Helen showed that Vin Diesel pic...but not because Vin is a guy, and I needed a lame pretense, but because he's a crappy actor. Yes, that is in jest...mostly.

I'm tired of all these PC thought police crusades. I really am.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:20:54 PM
I don't think EVERY sexy picture of a woman or man is insulting. It just depends on the situation and the place. But I'm not going to judge anybody. Except Steve Guttenburg. I judge him EVIL

Your quite correct and I agree with you in some ways. Art mainly, although art is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes it's a hard line to judge what's wrong and what is right. And me, I deem Mirimax Evil :crack

Xazor Elessar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:21:02 PM
Yes I am a prude. And now I'm thinking straighter than I have for some time, finally, it's exactly what I want to be.

Props to that Marcus.....I stand with you there buddy. Women are not attracted to guys who view them as possessions and as I stated before, pieces of meat. What Marcus is, is the kind of man that women want.....we're not made to fit the common misconception that most men have of us!

My boyfriend isn't like that! He has not a single picture of ANY other woman but me, and even when we go to see movies and stuff....if a huge group of the most beautiful chicks walk by, he looks the other way or at me. He doesn't have those little stickers...he doesn't have any pinups in his room or anything. This is the kind of guy I've been waiting for and honestly....all the others have been turn offs and have truthfully grossed me out.

I've stated my opinion and my beliefs....this is where I stand and I won't back down.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:21:05 PM
Okay, that's it, I'm leaving this thread. It's just turning into a flame war now, and my comments, which were supposed to have been disarming, just aren't worth it.

Have fun with your flame war.

---

Oh, sure, fix it all while I'm making my little post, why don't you. Steal my thunder now. Yeesh... :D

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:24:52 PM
If this thread results in Dae getting rid of her avatar I'm going to hunt you all down and destroy all of you................... :evil

ROTFLMAO! Nah, she's cool on that. I just turn Avatar's off. Besides, every now and then I put back the Nude Ranger Avatar as a joke.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:25:41 PM
Steal my thunder now. Yeesh...

Since when do I steal your flatulance?????

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:26:44 PM
My boyfriend isn't like that! He has not a single picture of ANY other woman but me, and even when we go to see movies and stuff....if a huge group of the most beautiful chicks walk by, he looks the other way or at me.
Your boyfriend is made of IRON!!!!!!!!! I'm genetically predisposed to turn my head when an attractive pair of ... uh, when a pretty face walks by. I can't help it. That doesn't make me a dirtbag. Now, if I go after the breasts and get their phone number then I'm a piece of filth. I have no business doing such a thing. Those days are done for me. Like I said, a time and a place.

C'mon people, we can talk about sex and objectification without flames! But if someone starts defending Steve Guttenburg...

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:27:54 PM
His name translater from German is Goodtenburg ;)

Xazor Elessar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:28:24 PM
Your boyfriend is made of IRON!!!!!!!!!

No, he simply has morals and values.

Sejah Haversh
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:28:40 PM
*Thinks that all the methane Marcus has emitted has gotten to his brain.*

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:31:37 PM
C'mon people, we can talk about sex and objectification without flames! But if someone starts defending Steve Guttenburg...

Well now you mention Steve, I hear he best the best farts........

:evil

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:32:38 PM
Well, I tried.

No, he simply has morals and values.
So do others here who've upset you. They're just different than yours. Peace.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:33:06 PM
Take this Guttenburg lovers! :shootin

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:33:57 PM
Who IS Steve Guttenberg anyway?

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:34:30 PM
Didnt it melt your heard when he sung to the baby with TOm Selelck and Ted Danson Eb(b;))?

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:35:13 PM
He's either exceptional, gay, domineered, or whatever. The point is, having these things does not make somebody a lesser person. You're trying to quantify character, and it just can't be done. Glad you're happy and whatever, just remember that what you have is a statistical outlier. Enjoy.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:35:26 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Didnt it melt your heard when he sung to the baby with TOm Selelck and Ted Danson Eb(b;))?

Ummm.... :: Is drawing a blank here :::

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:39:30 PM
Steve Guttenburg starred in Police Academy I & II, Cocoon, Cocoon the Return, 3 Men and a Baby, 3 Men and a Little Lady, and is the leader of a secret cabul that is bent on world domination. Fear him, he will steal your soul!!!

statistical outlier
want to make wuss jokes... but don't wan't things to es..ca..late.. must control myself... ;)

Xazor Elessar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:39:32 PM
He's either exceptional, gay, domineered, or whatever. The point is, having these things does not make somebody a lesser person. You're trying to quantify character, and it just can't be done. Glad you're happy and whatever, just remember that what you have is a statistical outlier. Enjoy.

You don't know me.....you dont know him, so back off. Your presumptuous attitude is not winning you any friends, Charley. :\

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:40:53 PM
I've got enough friends.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:41:41 PM
Hey saying he's "gay, domineered, or whatever" is mean. I missed that. He's just not like some of us. No problemo.

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:44:14 PM
I said exceptional, gay, domineered, or whatever. Pick one.

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:45:41 PM
eb, He was in Police academy 3 and 4 too I believe :)

Xazor Elessar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:45:52 PM
I've got enough friends.

What, are you another case of "Me, Myself, and Irene?"

I feel sorry for you dude......I really do. Have fun! :)

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:46:42 PM
You don't know me.....you dont know him, so back off.
No offense Xaz, but you did just say we dont have morals or values.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:46:50 PM
Yeah, but the two in the middle aren't exactly compliments. But "statistical outlier" cracked me up. :)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:47:42 PM
eb, He was in Police academy 3 and 4 too I believe
No, that was one of his Guttenburgdoombots. Haven't you been paying attention?

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:48:55 PM
I liked the Police Acadamies except Mission to Moscow :)

But he was the weak link in 3 men and a baby.

BTW, he was in the Casper sequel too ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:49:18 PM
WHO THE HELL IS STEVE GUTENBERG????? ANSWER ME BEFORE I EXPLODE LIKE A TEENAGER READING PLAYBOY!!!!

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:50:23 PM
Xaz, I said that because I'm not going to compromise what's on my mind so I can be considered "a friend" by somebody. That's a pointless association if I do that. We weren't exactly pals before this, so it shouldn't be any major thunderstorm on your parade for me to say that.

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:50:35 PM
http://www.johnny-five.com/simplenet/Shortcircuit/Pics/Litlepics/Characters/Haveaball.jpg
BOW TO ME!!!

Xazor Elessar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:51:44 PM
And it isn't my fault that you and I haven't been on good terms, though I'm sure you'll want to argue that with me as well. That's the problem with you, you want to argue everything and won't quite until everyone agrees that you're right. Well ya know what? The whole world can't be brainwashed, Charley, in case you HAVEN'T noticed!

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:52:08 PM
WHO THE HELL IS STEVE GUTENBERG????? ANSWER ME BEFORE I EXPLODE LIKE A TEENAGER READING PLAYBOY!!!!

<a href=http://us.imdb.com/Name?Guttenberg,+Steve>Steve Guttenberg>

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:52:18 PM
Oh. Him.

Ummm.....

Agree with Jedieb I do. Evil he is.

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:53:11 PM
I'm not after the whole world, Xaz. Just the sane. There are such things as lost causes.

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:53:32 PM
(2002) Named honorary mayor of Pacific Palisades, California, USA
He IS taking over!!!!!!

Xazor Elessar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:54:19 PM
You describe yourself so perfectly. The use of the words "Lost cause" sum it up very well. Props to you dude.

Guess the sane are out of your reach.....wait, they never have been in your reach. :lol

Sanis Prent
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:57:59 PM
I have no need for you to validate me. I've got a pretty solid grip on my self worth, thanks.

Enjoy the soap opera...I have to go pack.

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:58:14 PM
Sanis is going to "save" the sane?! Thank goodness I'm totally off my rocker!

All of you who have put up images of the evil one will feel my wrath. I WILL STOP YOU! I WILL NOT LET THE DEMONIC ONE DESTROY THE WORLD!!!!!!! :shootin

Xazor Elessar
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:59:10 PM
:waves

But....it isn't a soap opera if you're not here! :lol ROFLMFAO!

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:00:45 PM
Next person with a problem could step forward.

All of you who have put up images of the evil one will feel my wrath. I WILL STOP YOU! I WILL NOT LET THE DEMONIC ONE DESTROY THE WORLD!!!!!!!
TOO LATE! He's already mayor!

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:04:43 PM
40 Foot Gutenberg will take over the world! NOOOOOOO!!!!

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:32:17 PM
:lol honestly things like guys being pervs only bothers me if it applies to me or a friend of mine.....hell I've had to smack quite a few guys for something completely disgusting they've said to me....but as far as guys doing the sticker thing, meh, I just see guy who likes a sticker like that....and as far as guys looking at other women, it's a programed thing, they can't not do it.......

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:39:37 PM
Any comment I would make to a girl would only be in jest, and not TOO bad. But hey, I've no morals.

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:42:50 PM
Penile engargements are a fad that deserve to shrivel up

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:53:14 PM
I've gotten some rather dirty ones Fett and they weren't in jest.....

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:55:41 PM
I wasnt talking about others. Just this one here, with no morals or values.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 5th, 2003, 12:04:57 AM
ah, otay then.....

ReaperFett
Jan 5th, 2003, 12:14:43 AM
I mean heck, Im sure I could have had a girlfriend now had I just gone out and found the first person not wearing a lot and half drunk. But no, I'm a lot more thoughtful than that. And yet still, no morals or values. Suppose gouging my eyes out using a red hot pure silver soup spoon is the only way I will gain these, eh?

Silus Xilarian
Jan 5th, 2003, 12:39:41 AM
Suppose gouging my eyes out using a red hot pure silver soup spoon is the only way I will gain these, eh?

I'll do the honors >D

Zatania Duvall
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:14:46 AM
Penile engargements are a fad that deserve to shrivel up

I agree. Mainly because I'm sick of getting spam mail about people wanting me to enlarge the one that doesn't exist, but apprently to them, still have. :rolleyes: I mean, cmon. Why the heck do they send that stuff to women?

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:22:01 AM
Cause e-mail spammers are one of the lowest lifeforms on the net?

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:23:59 AM
All praise to penile enlargements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its about damn time the males were held accountable for all thier drooling and encouraging of breast enhancements!! Make'em bigger, boys!!

Rap, gangsta rap and guys wearing pants that they have to pull up every other step they take! Jeez, get a pair that fits, will ya?!?

Dae Jinn
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:28:24 AM
Originally posted by Lady Daiquiri
All praise to penile enlargements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Lord! I'm having Meras flashbacks! :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:33:51 AM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
Good Lord! I'm having Meras flashbacks! :lol

Oh no! Hopefully not of the dungeon!

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:34:13 AM
The worst fad is Power Ranger

It just wont end

Silus Xilarian
Jan 5th, 2003, 03:24:44 AM
That was a fad?? O_o

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 06:08:47 AM
I think it should be considered one.

Loki Ahmrah
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:00:06 AM
I loved Power Rangers when it first came out. Now it is a joke; how many different variations of the Power Rangers exists now. That is a big fad. I liked the movie though. :p

Another fad, what can be described as "moral crusades" I guess, such as that which has happened in this thread. If you are trying so hard to be politically correct and all that jazz, then don't jump to conclusions that if I admire the female form then I am an unscrupulous peon who has just crawled out of the den of iniquity with the other chauvenists. Don't presume to judge my own morality or anyone elses until your own is flawless, that's hypocrisy.

Said my piece now. I am not flaming, perhaps this could've developed into an intelligent discussion if we all hadn't been so highly-strung over the issues. But if the discussion does continue leave God and religion out of it. Faith is not a tool with which one can judge others.

imported_Eve
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:47:59 AM
Ohhh this thread is great! Laughed a bunch. Love it! Jedieb, Fett, and Silus need their own show.

On point of Guttenberg - He's mayor somewhere? (I always thought he was a looker.)

On point of objectification - I want men to look at me, and want me. My smarts aren't going to attract them from across the room.

On point of thread - Worst fad - pity parties and the notion that depression is natural.

Morrigan Van-Derveld
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:01:49 AM
HA! Thought of another fad!

KIDS' BOP!

EWWWWW! It's bad enough that you can't escape bad songs (IE "Complicated"), but then they have to have kids sing them!

And wtf? x.@ They have them singing that one Uncle Kracker song about having an affair..

ReaperFett
Jan 5th, 2003, 12:54:14 PM
On point of Guttenberg - He's mayor somewhere? (I always thought he was a looker.)
Honourary. Meaning he used his evil powers to influence them :)

On point of objectification - I want men to look at me, and want me. My smarts aren't going to attract them from across the room.
Unless you make a spotlight that is powered by brainwaves ;)

Zatania Duvall
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:07:19 PM
On point of thread - Worst fad - pity parties and the notion that depression is natural.

I hope I'm reading this wrong and not coming to the conclusion that you're calling everyone with a medical depression crazy.

Sanis Prent
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:11:21 PM
Depends on your definition of crazy, I suppose.

If you define crazy as the state of being in a craze, or a manic state of mind, then a person with depression would be quite the opposite of crazy.

If you define crazy as any deviation from a sound state of mind, then sure...they're crazy.

Zatania Duvall
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:15:45 PM
I define crazy as someone like the terrorists, someone like the guy down the street that still thinks he's in the vietnam war and screams "GET OFF MY LAWN, CHARLIE!" (just realized that Sanis' real name is Charlie, not meant towards you though! LOL) at everyone that walks by. People with depression aren't crazy because they can be helped by talking when most crazy people can only be helped by being locked in a straight jacket. But I'm not getting into this or I'll say some thing I might regret.

Bad fad: The whole social system at school with the "popular" group. If they're so popular then why are there more of us than there are of them?

Sanis Prent
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:19:30 PM
My name is Charley, not Charlie :)

And the term "popular" != majority. A good example would be, who would you pick first in backyard football, or something.

I've seen both spectrums of the crowd. I was quite unpopular in middle school. By the time I graduated from HS, everybody in the school knew my name, and I was in like Flint.

Zatania Duvall
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:51:34 PM
Yeah but they're not the majority here. Its like 50 populars to 100 "losers".

Sanis Prent
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:53:20 PM
thats why I said that popular != majority

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:59:37 PM
A Skooter comeback, they actually tried to have that, but after a while no one used 'em at all.

Zatania Duvall
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:01:15 PM
Another fad I hate are those shoes with wheels on them. Kids are always knocking into me cuz they cant control them.

Sanis Prent
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:01:20 PM
The little skateboards with handlebars annoy the crap out of me. Moreso than skateboards themselves, which is saying alot.

imported_Eve
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:37:29 PM
Did I say crazy? No.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 5th, 2003, 11:24:53 PM
Well, let's see...fads that bother me.

Gangsta rap promoting drugs. Smoke four joints a week, and both your IQ and sex drive get lowered. Maybe that's why all those rappers that smoke pot need 5000 scantily clad women around. They can't get uit up with just one.

Secondly. The idea that getting drunk is a grown up or mature thing to do. So many kids I knew were like, "When I get old enough, I'm going out and getting smashed!" I could have slaughtered them then and there. Drinking alcohol is ok. But drinking alcohol just so they can get wasted is stupid.

As far as pictures of scantily clad women, and treating women like objects goes, when I date a girl, that is she is my girlfriend and I am her boyfriend, I do not expect her to keep her eyes only on me. I do not expect her to wait for me, or be loyal to me in any shape form or fashion. If she wants to see other guys, hit on other guys, etc while I am dating her, that is her business. But if she is loyal to me out of her own free will, and will only hold hands with me, kiss me, etc, then that makes me feel good because she cares enough about me that she only wants to be with me. If a woman bakes me cookies, or does my laundry, or whatever because she wants to and not because I made her, then I'll let her bake the cookies or do my laundry. Why? Because it's an act of love.

And let's see. Anime. Why is anime annoying? Anime is like normal television. You have the annoying shows, the shows that are very serious and deep, light-hearted comedies, etc, etc. It's just like normal TV, except all animated.

Trading Card Games. The only thing that makes games like Magic the Gathering or Yu Gi Oh! annoying is when a person is playing the games and is being a bad sport.

It's not a fad, but one thing that annoys me is when people blame each other for arguments starting. If people have opposing viewpoints, then the logical next step is for all the parties involved to find out why their opponents hold the views that they do. Then once the reasons why are known, people can understand each other better and work out said differences. It's really not that hard to do. There is no excuse for being rude to someone. I'm getting off my soapbox now. Thank you for listening.

Kelt Simoson
Jan 5th, 2003, 11:37:07 PM
80's Frizzy Hair Styles and there style of glittery cloths (you wanna be in my gang Gary Glitter)..you know what i mean?....i will kill myself if that stuff ever comes back into fassion....:headbash