PDA

View Full Version : A sequel to Se7en? Appears so

ReaperFett
Jan 2nd, 2003, 05:36:56 PM
Apparently, it will focus on Morgan Freeman's character, as Brad Pitt is In a mental institute, so not seen onscreen.

JonathanLB
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:35:37 PM
Is David Fincher directing? Because if not, who cares...

CMJ
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:37:29 PM
A sequel? Oh man...bad idea!

I loved the 'Seven'..but horrible idea.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:49:37 PM
Well it would depend on what it is about I guess Freeman is a great actor so it could work or it might suck too.

Sanis Prent
Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:59:38 PM
:mad

ReaperFett
Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:03:38 PM
My only real problem is this. WHY does it have to be a sequel? Couldn't they just make a Morgan Freeman crime solving film?

Then again, maybe thats what theyre doing. Were not getting Se7en 2, 8ight, fourteen or ehatever. We're getting Morgan Freeman's character on another case. THAT I would like.

Taylor Millard
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:56:32 PM
That's what they did with the Bone Collector and Along Came a Spider correct?

ReaperFett
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:58:37 PM
I think The Bone Collector was Denzel, wasnt it?

But yeah, ACAS was a sequel as such.

JMK
Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:54:14 AM
I agree, bad idea. Besides, I don't think I'd care to see another Morgan Freeman crime solving movie. ;)

Dae Jinn
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:27:36 AM
ACAS, isn't that the sequel to Kiss The Girls? Decent film but a better novel.

I don't see why they would make a sequel to this though. Makes little sense since the original was good.

Ishiva Ruell
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:09:30 PM
Originally posted by Taylor Millard
That's what they did with the Bone Collector and Along Came a Spider correct?

Aren't these Patterson novels made into film? Not sure if I have the right author because I am not a huge reader of this suspense genre. As far as Se7en 2 is concerned, what hollywood won't do to pilfer and milk out of a successful movie. :/

ReaperFett
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:19:35 PM
Hollywood wouldnt deem a Morgan Freeman film a money maker.

Why is it people cant just assume the PEOPLE WHO WROTE THE THING want to make a sequel? Stop being so bleeding cynical people!

Dae Jinn
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:36:09 PM
No, with-out my cynicism I'll wither and die :(

It may be good, maybe. The first one was good. It all depends :lol

Ishiva Ruell
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:41:35 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
I don't see why they would make a sequel to this though. Makes little sense since the original was good.

To be milked or not to be milked? I imagine the studio executes sitting in their office discussing the previous success of Se7en.

ReaperFett
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:42:33 PM
Think this way. A sequel brings back a character which is loved. I wouldnt even KNOW of Ash if he was just in Evil Dead. No, they followed it up (And Within the Woods) with two of the finest films ever!

Ishiva Ruell
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:52:32 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Think this way. A sequel brings back a character which is loved. I wouldnt even KNOW of Ash if he was just in Evil Dead. No, they followed it up (And Within the Woods) with two of the finest films ever!

Yeah I love them too! And they remain cult classics not exactly mainstream highbudgeted films such as the aforementioned. But I smell greed with this sequel. And feel this is going to tarnish an overall excellent film that ranks beside the likes of Red Dragon and SoTL (though they were conceived in novels first). This next film is not necessary.

Darth23
Jan 8th, 2003, 11:48:09 PM
OK.

Nobody said it yet.

Will the sequel be called 'Ei8ht?'

:D

ReaperFett
Jan 9th, 2003, 12:01:13 AM
I said 8ight earlier :)