PDA

View Full Version : Could someone get the door for me? My arm is full...(open)

Liu Fong
Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:04:08 AM
Liu, being a street dweller, doesn't own alot of stuff. He's got a shaving kit...and some clothes...yeah, that's about it. He carries it in his one remaining arm, careful not to drop anything, and reaches with his left hand for the door.

"Jeez..."

He's still not used to having one arm. He just tried to open the door with his shirt sleeve. Balancing carefully, he kicks at the door handle, but succeeds in merely making it vibrate. After several minutes of trying unsuccessfully to hit the latch, he gives up and looks around with a frustrated sigh.

"Could someone get the door?"

Sameer Aryan
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:53:09 PM
A tall figure approached and opened the door for Liu. Sameer had seen him struggle for some time, and decided help.

"You're new I bet?" he asked, leaning his head on the wall. "Want me to carry anything?"

Liu Fong
Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:52:24 PM
"Yes I'm new, no I don't need you to carry anything."

He walks in and takes a look around.

"Any place particular I have to stay, or do I get to pick my own room?"

Sameer Aryan
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:21:12 PM
"Ok. Yeah, you pretty much get to pick your own room." Sameer said, following Liu.

"By the way, my name's Sameer!" the young man said, extending his hand towards Liu.

OOC: Which door did Liu just open, I thought it would be the door to a room :help

Liu Fong
Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:07:26 PM
Liu looked down the hall, which stretched for twenty doors on each side.

"Wonder how many are taken..."

He reaches absently towards Sameer's hand with the stump of his left arm.

"Nice to meet you. Name's Liu Fong..."

Belatedly he remembers that he lacks his left arm and shifts his belongings to properly shake the man's hand.

Sameer Aryan
Jan 6th, 2003, 06:45:06 PM
Sameer hadn't noticed that Liu's left arm was missing until the latter shook his hand. Thinking Liu might mind, Sam repressed his curiosity.

"I have no clue how many might be taken, but we can always check. Well, if you don't mind, I can walk around with you until you find a room..." It was more of a permission Aryan was asking from Fong, hoping the answer would be something positive.

Liu Fong
Jan 7th, 2003, 01:09:46 PM
"Sure, why not? C'mon, you can open doors and work elevators."

He can't help but notice Sameer's interest in his missing limb. It bothers him some, but the man's curiosity is only natural.

"Lost it in a gang war."

Sameer Aryan
Jan 7th, 2003, 04:43:00 PM
"Sorry to hear that..." Sameer replied, feeling bad for not being able to hide his curiosity.

He quickly tried changing the subject. "Yeah sure I can help!" he said enthousiastically.

Aryan lead Liu down the hall. "I'm sure the room near the entrance are all taken, common sense right?" he said, while they passed many doors. Finally, they arrived near the end of the hall, and Sam knocked on a door. Receiving no reply, he opened it, to find it empty. It was furnished properly, although that was it.

"Will this be okay?"

Liu Fong
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:07:47 PM
"Sure..."

The room is furnished with an unmade bed and empty chest of drawers. Everything else must be furnished himself. Liu feels like he's walked into heaven.

"A mattress!! And a new, quality one!"

Sameer Aryan
Jan 10th, 2003, 08:01:48 PM
Sameer shared Liu's joy as a smile appeared on his face. He walked around the room a bit before getting uncomfortable.

"So I guess you're going to be unpacking huh...." he said, trying to make conversation. "Would you prefer to be left alone? Or you don't mind me hanging around for a while?" Sam asked hastily.

Liu Fong
Jan 10th, 2003, 08:08:31 PM
Liu throws his two outfits, toothbrush, and razor on the floor.

"Unpacking's done. I guess you could hang out, sure. You're a Padawan here?"

Sameer Aryan
Jan 12th, 2003, 06:14:03 PM
The ambiance felt better.

"Yeah, we could say that..." Sam replied a bit confused. "So what brought you here?" he asked, passing his hand through his hair.

Liu Fong
Jan 12th, 2003, 06:16:57 PM
"The need to protect the poor. You got a master?"

Sameer Aryan
Jan 12th, 2003, 06:20:41 PM
"No, not yet..." Sameer was feeling more uncomfortable as the minutes passed. "Well, the thing is...I still have to be tested, to know if I'm Force sensitive or not." he said looking around.

Liu Fong
Jan 12th, 2003, 07:06:27 PM
"Y'dunno? Hm. Sorry to hear it. I'll bet you are."

Sameer Aryan
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:32:07 PM
"Yeah I guess so...HOPE so..."

Sam rubbed his hands together, something he did when he didn't know what to do or say.

"Um...so...?" he mumbled, expecting Liu to find something more interesting to talk about.

Liu Fong
Jan 16th, 2003, 07:22:36 PM
"So I wonder who's on the council? How the training starts? What do they teach the Padawans first? It's such an exciting time..."

Sameer Aryan
Jan 17th, 2003, 05:48:59 PM
A surprised look appeared on Sam's face.

"You haven't been to the Temple yet? Or the Academy? I've been there a couple of times, I don't have a Master but you can always join another Padawan and practice hand to hand combat!"

Sameer realized that he had learnt a lot in these few days. Jedi or not, he'll be able to do much more for others in the future. He contemplated Liu thinking about the numerous people he had met until now.

"Say...wanna be friends?!" Sam exclamed, out of context.

Liu Fong
Jan 17th, 2003, 05:57:45 PM
"I thought we were?" Liu shrugs. "Oh well. I've been in the Academy some...I haven't had any business in the temple yet though."

Sameer Aryan
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:11:39 PM
Sameer felt stupid. This was what he loved about this place, the fact that everyone was so nice and friendly. The peaceful ambiance. He looked at his watch and realized he had to meet someone.

"Well, I better get going now! Hope to see you soon!" Sam said on his way out. "And if you need any help, you can always ask me! Not that I know much, but I'll try to help!"

Liu Fong
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:04:20 PM
"Later!" Liu waves him off and looks to his one hand. "I'll learn to make do with you yet!"