PDA

View Full Version : He returns (Deliverator's family)

The Deliverator
Jan 1st, 2003, 10:05:18 PM
Well I'm stuck on limbo bridge, where below me old Nick grins
And laughs through the chaos of it all
Gets up off his chair, spins a jig to my despair
He can't wait to count the times where I went wrong...

The Deliverator walks his bike through the streets of Naboo's capital city. He can't ride it here, he's half the reason speeder bikes number so few in the streets of the city. He's heading for a small house in the middle of town. It's painted a soothing white color, with a front porch and a few rocking chairs out front. His dad insisted on it...let's him heckle the passersby without having to stand in the sun. As he approaches, the Deliverator grimaces. The old coot's spotted him, and is fairly dancing with glee.

"Jeez...here comes the welcome wagon..."

Preston Ander
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:50:17 PM
A short, fat man with a red face and a neatly kept moustache comes out of the door of the house, his face as red as a stoplight.

"Well if it isn;t the little daredevil? I see you've come home. PErhaps the prodigal son has decided to stop acting foolish and have a decent job for a change. I'd rather see you working at a grocery store than galavanting on that stupid bike of yours! You have done nothing but worry your mother sick ever since you began working that job!" The man made no attempt to control his voice. The man was going to give his son a piece of his mind and he didn;t care who heard it.

The Deliverator
Jan 5th, 2003, 10:00:11 PM
"I didn't go to Coruscant to be a pizza delivery boy, dad. I went to become a code slicer, if its all the same to you."

The old man has a knack for pissing him off. The Deliverator parks his bike in the front yard and approaches the steps.

"Like YOU ever did anything for our own good, old man! I haven't seen you work a job in over ten years!"

Preston Ander
Jan 7th, 2003, 09:43:42 PM
Preston's face grew a brighter shade of red. For a second it looked like his eyes would buldge out of his head.

"I earned my living and then I retired! I have plenty of money in the bank to last me the rest of my life! And do you know how I got that money? By working a decent, well paying job! Code-slicing! Bah! What codes are you slicing by riding around on that bike of yours?"

The Deliverator
Jan 7th, 2003, 10:36:30 PM
The answer to this is painful. He knows it's just gonna fuel the old coot's argument. But its the truth.

"None..." he growls through gritted teeth.

Preston Ander
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:23:48 PM
"Precisley!" Preston roared. "You're a lazy good for nothing excuse of a man! Sometimes I wonder why your mother even puts up with you anymore!"

The Deliverator
Jan 8th, 2003, 08:30:20 PM
"Because she still has some faith in me! Get outta the way, old man! I'm going inside."

He climbs the steps and pushes his father aside, opening the door and kicking his shoes off inside.

"Mom, I'm home!"