PDA

View Full Version : We're back!

Zeke
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:28:01 PM
We're back! We liked Germany! Here's the status!

My place in the rented van was the back, wedged into the stack of luggage. Not fun, especially not on an 8 hour drive to Berlin from Heidelburg and Frankfurt. Well worth it though. Well worth it. Saw Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin, went to the KaDeWe, where I found stuff I didn't know existed...videogames, books (got my 2 favorite manga in German!), toys, foods...by far the best was curry wurst. Went and saw some old castles, highlight of that was the 200+ liter barrel where they stored alcholic drinks! Pictures? They have yet to be developed, but will be posted when they are. Autobahn was nice...exit signs aren't labeled with numbers and stuff like in America. Instead, they are simply a big blue sign that says "Ausfahrt", which means "exit" in German. This has confounded so many tourists that it has been made into a shirt: "Where the heck is 'Ausfahrt' Germany?" I own such a shirt. It is neato. Overall, it was a good trip! I enjoyed it, and would like to go back again sometime!

Admiral Lebron
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:36:25 PM
Thanks for the warning.

Ansatsu
Jan 1st, 2003, 11:51:25 PM
Glad to have ya back. See yall when I see yall!

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:03:59 AM
*tackles* :)

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:28:50 AM
Germany, the county of my birth... O how I wish to return to visit the land of my Ancestors... To Bad I never really got to LIVE in Germany... Being a military brat sucks. Left before I was 2 years old.

Zeke... You lucky man, real lucky

Dae Jinn
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:29:35 AM
Welcome back Zekey and Wei :)

Now where's my present?

Zeke
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:06:47 AM
Dae, your present is our safe return! Jet lag wreaks it's havoc....it's 7AM, I should be asleep. But I'm not. If I were in Germany, I'd be eating lunch. But now is not the time for eating! So I post...

Crystal StarRider
Jan 2nd, 2003, 07:10:10 AM
Wilkommen Zeke! Bist du müde? 'jet lag?..o_O :)

Dae Jinn
Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:42:54 AM
Originally posted by Zeke
Dae, your present is our safe return!

*throws "present" on the ground*

This isn't what I wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad!!!!

Nah. J/k glad you're back :mneh

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:36:50 AM
Alas, we have returned. Zeke has covered everything, so I don't have that much to say outside of that I have a lot of stuff to do, on the boards, and IRL.

Ishan Shade
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:37:28 AM
Sounds nice...never been to Germany but I plan to go sometime before my time is up :)

Pilot Akito
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:43:10 PM
Welcome Back, now where is the beer...

Xenodoros Stormrider
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:45:56 PM
Welcome back :)

Angelica Shin
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:51:45 PM
*grabs Wei and drags him into a dark corner*

Now I can do some REAL RPing!

:D

Sorreessa Tarrineezi