PDA

View Full Version : Truth: Iron Tears and Sweat of Blood (Terran and Open)

Xazor Elessar
Jan 1st, 2003, 01:43:06 AM
Never-Ending Story
Within Temptation

Armies have conquered
And fallen in the end
Kingdoms have risen
Then buried by sand
The Earth is our mother
She gives and she takes
She puts us to sleep and
In her light we'll awake
We'll all be forgotten
There's no endless fame
But everything we do
Is never in vain

We're part of a story, part of a tale
We're all on this journey
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

Forests and deserts
Rivers, blue seas
Mountains and valleys
Nothing here stays
While we think we witness
We are part of the scene
This never-ending story
Where will it lead to?
The earth is our mother
She gives and she takes
But she is also a part
A part of the tale

We're all on this journey
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?
Sometimes beautiful and sometimes insane
No one remembers how it began

Lightning flashed across the sky as one lone figure stood, watching two others that stood side by side. The flash illuminated their faces, revealing two youths and a middle-aged man. He wore a stern look and his features revealed a deeper anger within his soul. The young man and woman across from him bore soft eyes and gentle expressions, yet there was something growing within them....something this man instilled in their souls since he found them at a very tender age of four or five. The clouds above the carved and crooked hill let loose and torrents of rain came pouring down on the three....yet not one of them moved an inch.

The younger students stood with swords held at eachother's throats...but there was a catch: the swords were connected to a motion sensor and if one of them even flinched, they themselves would be slain. It was a test....a test of strength, a test of endurance...and a test of trust. The pupils were no older than fourteen yet the intensity in their eyes was like that of a raging fire upon an open plain at night. The girl's cyan eyes bored holes into the boys soul. He returned her glare and wore a stone cold expression. Their Master, a very powerful man known as Kama, watched over them. This lasted for hours. Finally the rain began to lighten, but it was now cold out and they had to fight against the elements, using the Force to warm their bodies. From behind the dark man came another, wearing a concerned look upon his face.

"Hasn't it been long enough? Look at them....obviously they've passed your test."

Kama growled and stared down the man. With a quiet bow, he turned and left the trio alone once again. In his mind, Kama added more time onto the test....showing that it was he that was in control, and only he himself. Xazor and Chase dare not even twitch an eyebrow....so they remained perfectly still and said not a word. The test lasted three more hours before they were allowed for a short break, then it was back to the grueling training in the outdoors. This day they happened to get lucky and instead of running fifteen miles, Kama only made them run ten....not allowing them to use the Force to enhance their speed at all. This task took them a while, but they worked through it, only to return to a weight bearing test to be sure that they were practicing their body conditioning. Kama's regime was extremely difficult and by the time the pair went to their rooms at night...they were sweating blood and crying iron tears.

A lone figure passed through the halls of the Greater Jedi Order's Living Quarters. Small groups of Padawans, Knights, and Masters gathered along the way, speaking in melodious tones amongst themselves. Xazor smiled and made her way up flights of stairs and around corners until finally she was at the floor, and in the hall that she desired. Passing up several doors, the Jedi Knight stopped before one and smiled to herself, pushing the long sleeves of her white robes to the sides of her hands, allowing them free range of movement. The silver coins woven into the Garou Warrior Braids adorning her waist length blond hair, clanged together softly with each movement she made, until she came to rest and inhaled deeply. Raising her hand to the door, she rapped upon it three times....just loudly enough that Terran would hear.

"It's just me...."

She called softly and stepped back, shifting her weight nervously. This day, she had much to tell Terran.....things she had not previously discussed with him.....things that would hurt him if she did not speak soon. This day, she would leave and offer him the chance to go with her to face her past once and for all. This day they would face the truth once again....

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:51:28 PM
Coming to attention, Terran stood from his chair that sat in the middle of his room as he heard the knocking. Surrounded by old books--actual books made of parchment and hide and other types of paper--the Jedi previously had his nose stuck in them for the last six hours, hardly rising but to use the refresher and get some water.

"It's just me..." Xazor spoke from behind the door. Terran sprang to meet her. The door slid open as she appeared behind it, dressed stunningly (as always) in her usual white robes.

"It's not just you," he replied, hugging her softly. "It's my Xazor. A reason for me to be quite excited." He smiled, kissing her softly on the cheek. She smiled back, but it was a bit weaker.

"Thank you," she replied, her voice somewhat quiet and heavy in thought. She looked down a bit, towards the ground, her eye contact low. Terran thought there was no way she was trying to hide her emotions from him--she had difficulty doing it anyway. Now, however, she was making little attempt at doing so.

"Come in, my dear," he said, taking her hand and leading her into his messy room. He let the door come to a close behind her and then stopped. "This won't do," he grumbled to himself. Quickly brushing off piles of old books and datapads from his small couch, he pushed the things out of the way. Leading her to a seat, he let her rest. Then, he scurried to the kitchen to get some water for her--she looked like she could use some.

"Here," he spoke, sitting down beside her. He sat close to her, letting his hand come up to rest on her shoulder in a comforting way.

"What is on your mind, Xazor?" He spoke softly, looking into her face with an inviting, soft gaze.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 1st, 2003, 05:17:55 PM
Xazor took the water from Terran's hands and smiled as she looked into his warm, gentle eyes. He had a way of silently telling her that she could speak whatever was on her heart and mind. Taking in a deep breath, she began slowly at first.

"Six months after I came to the Jedi Order, someone came in search of me. They came right to my room in the Living Quarters, not the one I have now....but my first room that I shared with a dear friend, Maia Tharrin. This person was....."

She paused, unable to continued as the unforgettable memories plagued her mind once more. Taking a sip of the water in the glass held by her shaky hands, she tried to calm herself down. Allowing her eyes to meet his, she smiled once again..but weakly.

"...K....Kama came to find me and he did. If not for my Master, my Blood Brother, and my first husband....I would have been killed or taken back to Cysaria. I ended up facing him alone at one point....but in the end, we knocking him down for the count...and the Council sent him back. He is still alive, but the last time I checked, he was no longer Emperor there. Still though, he is powerful and a very angry, vengeful Sith Master."

Pausing once again, the Jedi Knight set her water down upon the coffee table before looking up at Terran once again....then she moved her white robes out of the way of her weapons belt to reveal two saber hilts hung upon her left hip. It had always been that way....since the incident, but no one knew save for three people. Her eyes searched his for a moment before her hand removed the weapon and she held it out before the love of her life.

"I took his Lightsaber.....and I injured him greatly with it, but my Brother threw me back before I killed him. It would have been unfair and unjust....he was down, unable to defend at all, and I went in for the kill. I was brought before the Council...and then I fled for a few weeks before realizing my mistake. Many things happened to me when I came back...but I will never forget the scolding my Master, my very Father gave me....right in front of my Blood Brother. Embarassing it was....and he had even come prepared to beat the lesson into me."

She let her eyes wander over the hilt of the saber. It had caused her much trouble since she had acquired it, and thoughts of a legend crossed her mind. So often Kama would tell them that a Sith Master's saber was never to be toyed with or touched without permission....or terrible things would come about. The Garou never thought of these terrible things....not when she took hold of her 'trophey'. His name was engraved upon the black hilt in silver lettering "Xander Kama". It would be the first time that Terran found out his real name. Xazor had learned that 'lesson' long ago and felt that Terran needed to see it now.

"I want to face him once again.....I will give him what he deserves once and for all. He'll have his wretched weapon."

Xazor growled, baring her elongated canines while her hand tensed upon the Lightsaber's hilt. Looking away, the young woman moved it closer to Terran for him to investigate. This, though....was why she had come to see him.....

"I am going with or without you, my love....if you do not agree with me, fine....but that will not stop me from journeying back to face the Truth."

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 1st, 2003, 08:54:16 PM
Terran's eyes widened when she presented the hilt and as he listened to her speak intently. Her story struck several emotions in him...but this wasn't the time or place to discuss his feelings. She motioned the hilt towards him. He almost jumped back. She knew that he was highly attune to the emotions and senses of the Force. He was never as good of a swordsman as he was a thinker or feeler.

This hilt...it had so much energy, so much emotion in it. Terran had seen it before. Without her even revealing its origin, he knew where it had come from. The name engraved on it and Xazor's stroy only solidified that fact. It was his old master's. It was Kama's, indeed. He stared at it, almost cautiously watching it. It's presence alone was enough to make him feel uneasy.

"I know not how you stand to carry that artifact, my love," he said, meeting her eyes. "You're bravery is more than my own." He reached out, just one finger, to touch it. His finger drew close to the metallic-black covering. The hilt was unscathed--not a single scratch or scar save the engraving. His finger finally reached the metal...

FLASH

He pulled his hand back, his head dizzy. Reaching up to grab it, he held his face in his hands, his head a jumble of thought and emotion. Xazor reached over and ran a soft hand through his hair.

"I...I can feel him in it, Xaz." He finally spoke. It had truly jarred his mind. He had been so free of Kama's presence and so pleased to be without the darkside in him that when he felt it, it let loose emotions he had not experienced for sometime.

"I know...you understand now." Xazor spoke, her wisdom and courage undaunted. He brought his head up to face her. His eyes were wild...so much was going on in his mind. Was this right? To hunt another down like this? Was it really justice? Sure, he was, without a doubt, one of the most evil beings he had ever met before. Still...did that make his murder ok? This vengance...it plagued him. Was it the action of a Jedi?

"I do...Xazor...so many thoughts..." He remembered his separation from his love--due to Kama. "I just don't know." He remembered the fight that Kama ordered. "I...I mean..." He remembered the pain and suffering that Kama inflicted upon him when he appeared 'weak.' "It's just not..." He remembered the feeling of pure isolation...the look on Kama's face when he threw him from the shuttle.

"You cannot do this alone." His eyes narrowed. A new intensity filled him. She was right--this man deserved justice. He deserved to reap what he had sown for so many years.

Xazor Elessar
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:20:03 PM
Xazor looked down at the saber in her hand, daring to run her finger over the ignition button. Rising to her feet, she turned her back to Terran and eyed it with widened curiosity. It had been so long since she had seen its crimson blade...and suddenly, she pressed the button and the blood red energy shot forth from the black hilt. It hummed violently in her hand, growling almost as the charged particals int he blade wrapped around one another, extending a meter out.

"That's what is different about you and me, Terran. Remember what Marcus said? We....kill.....and I intend to do so this time. It's the only thing that will truly rid my life of this wretched man! Look at this!"

She disengaged the blade and threw the saber to the floor before falling to her knees and pulling down the material of her robes on her right shoulder. She pulled it down far enough that Terran could clearly see a very large, deep scar across her bicept.

"It haunts me, Terran.....it is an unhealing wound.....it bleeds and it bruises.....it hurts."

Her hands shook as she growled out the words, eyeing the scar with an intensity not seen for years by Terran. She gently moved the material back over her shoulder and picked up the saber, clipping it to her belt again before the Knight sat down beside Terran. She drew in a few deep breaths and fell into the Force, a river around her. Calming waves swept over her spirit and she closed her eyes momentarily and concentrated on the situation at hand.

"Maybe....maybe I'm wrong.....but somehow it feels right Terran!"

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:58:13 PM
"Xazor--I know that your pain is great. It is unhealing, yes, and it most likely stings you to your core being. I am sorry that he has done this to you. It is terrible." He watched her face as he agreed with her. She had gone through so much pain under Kama's reign--even more so than he.

"But the monster that did this to you...he deserves justice. He deserves to pay the price for his neglect and his cold ways. Is his justice truly his murder, Xazor?" Terran's eyes were painted out of conflict. His heart ached for Xazor. He hated Kama too--but somehow he had come to grips with his past and let it go. With such an unhealing scar on her body, Xazor had not. With his saber in her possession, she had not.

"It may feel right now, but so many things can feel right that aren't right." He was almost pleading with her--he didn't want her to go through with this. He was scared--scared for her. Still, he had to be strong. "What will become of your feelings when the deed is done and he is dead--dead by your own hand? Murdered!"

"He is a monster Xaz, a monster of evil which in many respects cannot be understood or reckonned with or explained. But his hatred must not spread! If you kill him...what have you become? A monster like him? Living in his legacy of hate?" And, the worst thing Terran feared for the one he loved. "Closer to the Darkside?"

Xazor Elessar
Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:58:38 PM
Xazor turned her back to Terran. His words rang in her ears and she could take it no longer. Growling deeply, the Knight spun around and glared at him.....for the first time in her life.

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL!"

She yelled.....yelled at him like never before...for the very first time in her life. Her eyes fell immediatly as she saw what she was becomming...what defying the Council was really doing to her. This deed would be of The Lost Jedi....what she truly was, but those around her disagreed. Clenching and unclenching her fists helped ease the anger at the moment. Her cyan eyes softened greatly yet the intensity did not fade as she looked up at her love and placed her hands upon his face, caressing his cheeks. She looked deeply into his eyes, pleading with him to understand.

"I'm leaving Terran....and if I do not return, maybe it is for the better. But as of now.....I must face him. He must know me..he must...fear me. I am not like him. I am untouched by the Darkness now, though..."

The woman paused and moved back away from the Padawan, dropping her hands to the sides of her body slowly. She backed up to the door and placed a hand upon it behind her, looking at him one last time before she decided to turn.

"Obviously you have forgotten who I am, Terran....you don't really know me now. I need to do this....I will not fall to the Darkside! I wish you trusted me. I'm going now, Terran...with, or without you."

She spat out the last few words as tears stung at her eyes. Refusing them to fall....refusing any emotion to surface at all, she opened the door and ran for the spaceport. This was her mission and indeed, she was going with or without him...but it looked like the latter would be true. With all her might she ran until she reached her own ship....the brand new ship she had in place of the one she once stole from Kama. Escape had been a good ship, but it was run down....and now, she flew something close to her heart.

Soon Freedom, a sleek black ship with Xazor's own signature engraved in silver lettering upon the side, took out of the spaceport and exited Coruscant's atmosphere for the long 13 hour flight to Cysaria. Closing her eyes as the ship jumped into hyperspace, Xazor fell into meditation and concentrated deeply on what was ahead of her....with or without the love of her life.

imported_Terran Starek
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:02:12 PM
"Xazor! No, don't leave--" the door slammed shut behind her as the Jedi Knight hurredly exited Terran's room. His body heaped down to his knees, as the words she had shouted burned holes into his heart. They had been so painful, full of undirected emotion and simple hatefullness. She hadn't meant them--no, she couldn't have. Still, his eyes watered as the sting of heartache gripped him. The words hurt--meant or not.

He couldn't help it. It was in his nature--the protector, the caring man that he was. It was only part of his heart. He had to go after her--had to follow her. He could not allow her to journey any further into the depths of this fit of anger. It could end up hurting her--seriously. That was not a price he was willing to pay. It was his duty.

Packing a few things, he tried to suck up his emotions and his own pain. There was no time for it now--he had one single solitary goal that had to be accomplished. It would be, that was for sure. Grabbing the rest of his travel gear, he headed for the hangar.

"Has Freedom checked out?" He called to the registrar droid, eying the hangar for available ships.

"Yes, Terran Starek, Jedi Padawan of Verse--"

"Thank you, I know who I am!" Terran interrupted the droid who was going through his program motions. He arranged to take a B-Wing--one of his favorite ships to pilot. He was somewhat skilled traveling through space, but not much for space-combat.

Thrusters blazing, he shot away from Coruscant and made his way on course to Cyseria. He turned his comm on, letting it scan. Then, he changed it to a channel that he and Xazor had used a few times before.

"Xazor...if you get this...please...I will not let you go this path alone...you know that I have pledged myself to you..." He wondered if the message would fall upon deaf ears, or if it would truly be heard. Nonetheless, he kept on course, guessing he was maybe 20 minutes behind his love.

Jared Mriad
Jan 5th, 2003, 09:48:21 PM
“This is The Weatherlight, requesting permission to undock at X-15 bay,” Jared spoke into the microphone attached to his headset. Fourteen days on Coruscant and Jared had summed enough creds to purchase a modified – heavily modified to be precise - Marauder-class Corvette from a shipyard in which Jared had requested to lift from.

The ship was painted in a sleek black with platinum colored stripes, the rotating Vulcan cannons on the wings and missile launchers under the belly of the ship concealed by rotating panels, and shortened from the 195 meter length to a mere 75 meters. It was a gem in it’s own construction, a midget of it’s sister ships of the same name.

The tower finally gave Jared the clearance he needed after a few moments, hailing a good-bye and good luck before the ship rose on it’s lifts and shot into the Coruscant skyline. Jared had not expected a blip, rather two blips, to show on his tracker when he exited the atmosphere and began preps for a trip back ‘home’.

When the tracker pulled a closer image of the two fleeing vessels Jared noticed that one of them belonged to a certain acquaintance of his from the days long ago. Curious, he locked onto the ship in follow mode and increased the acceleration of The Weatherlight to match Xazor’s speed – allowing a smooth following motion.

Jared leaned back in the pilot’s seat, watching the stars speed by. Wanting to… speak… with the Knight for a chance, not to look to snuff the light out. Days long past, he remembered clearly the incident at an abandoned Jedi Temple. She had tracked to a backwater world, brining a boy along for the ride, and Jared had intervened.

She saved his life that day, and even farther back. Jared had fought alongside the Dawnstriders for their world of Eden, the Garou home world, and send Kama into space. Jared would’ve happily killed the power hungry warrior, but the Jedi’s refused. That was before TSE exploded… before he joined TSO… then The Krath…

Follow, that’s what Jared planned to do. Even left the comm open and the ship's signal unblocked to hopfully give himself away...