PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year

darth_mcbain
Dec 31st, 2002, 12:13:01 PM
I hope everyone here has a very happy, healthy, and safe New Years...

MTFBWY...

Jedieb
Dec 31st, 2002, 03:04:07 PM
Be safe tonight people. They're going to be a lot of knuckleheads under the influence tonight. MTFBWY!

JonathanLB
Dec 31st, 2002, 03:14:43 PM
"They're going to be a lot of knuckleheads under the influence tonight."

...and I'm going to be one of them! Muahaha.

Just kidding, I'm sure I'll only have a few and at least nobody here is going driving anywhere ;) 'Cept to my haircut right now.

I can't wait for 2003, because 2002 was a stupid year mostly. Then again, so was 2001, so here's for "third time's the charm"! :)

CMJ
Dec 31st, 2002, 03:47:20 PM
Wow, 2002 really flew by. In some ways it was an outstanding year..in others it wasn't.

I hope 2003 is great for everyone...:)

Admiral Lebron
Dec 31st, 2002, 04:25:59 PM
2000 was cool because all the numbers changed at once.
2001 was cool because it really was the new Millenium.
2002 was cool because it was a palendrone.
2003 is cool because it is the first uncool year numerically.

Have a safe and happy new years.. I will and I won't be doing anything really illegal. Just betting money on pool and air hockey games against drunk people so its a green.

JonathanLB
Dec 31st, 2002, 04:54:50 PM
I'm sure there will be a few drunk or moderately buzzed people here ;)

When I say a year is cool or not cool, I don't mean whether it was good for the U.S., or whether the movies released were good (though that's most important, hehe), or whatever else, it's just a matter of whether *I* had a good year or not. :)

2003 should be a great year, so I am looking forward to it.

Dae Jinn
Dec 31st, 2002, 06:30:36 PM
Happy New Year B.O. boys! *kisses* Be safe and have fun ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 31st, 2002, 09:01:59 PM
Happy New Year nobody drink and drive.

JonathanLB
Dec 31st, 2002, 09:06:36 PM
No I'm going to drive, THEN drink. ;) haha, j/k.

Jedieb
Dec 31st, 2002, 11:08:45 PM
Time for your New Year's Resolutions:
1. Eat more pork
2. Read more.
3. Eat pork while I'm reading.
4. Be kind to squirrels.
5. Kill all squirrels named Phil.
6. Teach my son to play Jedi Starfighter.
7. Teach my daughter how to punch a man in the groin.
8. Effectively feign interest in my wife's work tales while I eat pork and play video games.
9. Thwart my cat Toonces' plan for world domination.
10. Watch the Phantom Edit while I eat pork.
:smokin

Dae Jinn
Dec 31st, 2002, 11:43:33 PM
You seem to have an obsession with porking....O_o I'm scared *hugs her squirrel named Phil*

Jedieb
Dec 31st, 2002, 11:44:59 PM
Step away from the squirrel!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shootin

Dae Jinn
Dec 31st, 2002, 11:46:41 PM
Nooooooooo! *signs Phil up for the witness protection program*

And, since it's past midnight here ;)

*KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!* Happy New year! hehe

Admiral Lebron
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:33:45 AM
Pork ain't that great.

Darth Viscera
Jan 1st, 2003, 01:54:20 AM
This is going to be a very good year :)

JonathanLB
Jan 1st, 2003, 04:17:21 AM
I hope this year is going to be great, it better not be the third in a row that goes poorly or I won't know what to do, except try again ;)

Well it started kinda sucky for me.

I am not into the party scene I guess, we went to a few clubs and I don't really like dancing, I'm not a huge fan of loud music and crowded places, I guess I'm just boring and good at my work, because I never seem to have much fun at parties. Oh well I guess. I mean, if I'm going to meet people, call me silly, but I'd love to be able to hear them and talk to them, not just look at some hot girls and go try to dance with them (i.e. make a fool of myself) based only on looks and never even get to talk to them. I guess I am just weird though, because that's apparently not my thing. Then I got lost coming back from downtown and there were about 30 total police cars and motorcycles I saw tonight. I think it took me 45 minutes to get home, which was really lame because it's 15 minutes away. I have no idea where I turned wrong but I was so confused. Maybe I'm just tired, but it's time to do some movie reviewing again. :|

Jinn Fizz
Jan 1st, 2003, 11:07:01 AM
Happy new year, everbody!!! :crack

JediBoricua
Jan 1st, 2003, 12:14:47 PM
Well I had a lot of fun, my family is crazy.

My uncle rented a tent and put it in the front of the house. We had a live band and lots of food (we had pork Eb! ;)). Add over 100 people and free alcohol and you have the greatest new year party ever. My girlfriend is going to file for adoption, she wants to be a part of my family (hers spent the night alone on their house watching TV) :D.

Anyway I hope everyone has a great year full of good things. Just two years and six months for EP3!

Dutchy
Jan 1st, 2003, 01:33:25 PM
Happy Newyear, everyone! :)

JMK
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:49:32 PM
Happy 2003 everyone! Hope no one has a blistering headache right now!;)

JonathanLB
Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:33:54 AM
No, surprisingly I did no drinking on New Year's Eve, wow. That would make me a rare 20-year-old in America. ;) Not even a single sip of an alcoholic drink, haha.

Dutchy
Jan 2nd, 2003, 07:59:16 AM
Originally posted by Admiral Lebron
2000 was cool because all the numbers changed at once.
2001 was cool because it really was the new Millenium.
2002 was cool because it was a palendrone.
2003 is cool because it is the first uncool year numerically.

Yesssssssssss! I found my soulmate! Couldn't have said it any better. :)

Even though I disagree on 2003, for its uncoolness exceeds its coolness, IMO. :p

Jonathan, why did you think 2002 was a stupid year?

As for me, or my country: our government collapsed twice and we saw our first political murder in 300 years. Politician newcomer Pim Fortuyn was on its way to become prime minisiter out of the blue, but was shot dead 9 days before the elections, which went on anyway. He couldn't be removed from the voting lists and 17% of the people ended up voing for the dead leader. Without their leader the political party screw up big time and after 80 days the new government collapsed and this months we're going to vote again. Quite a year for Holand, one of the most turbulent years ever.

Dutchy
Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:05:16 AM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
I am not into the party scene I guess, we went to a few clubs and I don't really like dancing, I'm not a huge fan of loud music and crowded places, I guess I'm just boring and good at my work, because I never seem to have much fun at parties. Oh well I guess. I mean, if I'm going to meet people, call me silly, but I'd love to be able to hear them and talk to them, not just look at some hot girls and go try to dance with them (i.e. make a fool of myself) based only on looks and never even get to talk to them.

Exactly! Parties suck. What a waste of time. THEY are the ones who are boring. People are so shallow. You are definitely not weird! You're actually one of the most interesting people I "know" on the internet. Even though we always disagree on everything, I always read your posts with interest.

JonathanLB
Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:26:30 AM
Agreed, Dutchy, 2003 is kind of uncool as far as the number goes. I guess I'm pretty hard on the numbers, haha, I only like even ones at normal intervals like 2005, for instance, but 2002 was cool because it was a palendrome. 2001, eh, I don't care about that millenium nonsense. I think 2000 was the turn of the century and of the millenium because it honestly doesn't matter anyway -- the calendar is off. Plus, some people say there was no year 0.

All of the intellectual elites, or more like PSEUDO-intellectuals, kept on saying, "IT IS NOT THE NEW MILLENIUM YOU FOOLS, IT IS 2001, DON'T BE STOOPID!" lol, god. Who gives a crap. What a lame argument anyway. 2000 looks better and since it really doesn't matter, then why bother arguing about it? Wow I remember people taking that so seriously back then.

Why was 2002 a bad year, you ask, Dutchy? Well I was talking about for me, not necessarily for the country or for anything else, just I mean, everyone has their good and bad years I suppose. I had a great finishing ten weeks, Oct. 15 or so through the end of the year, which was somewhat because I got a huge amount of writing done and I returned to college and got perfect grades, so it made me feel revitalized and as though I was back on track again, finally, and that is nice. But up until Oct. 15, it was horrible, and 10 good weeks in 52 isn't too good. Actually I had a great August, so that's unfair to say, it was really more like 14 truly good weeks overall. I'd say to qualify for a pretty good year, though, there should be 30 to 35 anyway.

When I started 2002, I quickly left my first college, after I flew back on January 15, somewhat depressed, and was really depressed by the time I landed in Los Angeles and thought of the terrible first semester I had there. I stayed three days in class, begun to hate LMU even more than before, and then on Monday morning I filed my papers to withdraw from Loyola Marymount University and from the College of Film and Television effective immediately. I stayed in Los Angeles until February 20, which was a generally depressing four week period up until I left, but I watched a lot of TV and messed around and wasted a ton of time. It was somewhat relaxing in that sense, but given that I was really depressed and kind of embarrassed for leaving that college (I felt like a quitter, but I knew it was in my best interest, after a long time thinking about it, even before I went back there Jan. 15). So on Feb. 20 I went back home and it was nice to get back, but the world just slowed down for me at least. Everyone I knew was in college and I was just at home, watching movies, doing some reviewing, and I launched JLBMovies in April.

Well JLB Movies was 2 months delayed, kept me up until about 5 or 6 a.m. every night until it launched from the time I returned home, and then after $2,200 that I spent on the site and on advertising (mostly advertising) it opened to mediocre traffic and obviously was not going to return my investment anytime soon. In fact, it was a total commercial failure, just no money to be made there whatsoever. Not even $50 a month. As it is now, I make $0 from it, I do it entirely for the love of movies and for my own film knowledge. I love it! My motivation now is intrinsic, I don't really care if I ever make any money on it because what I am learning, especially through writing (because it stays preserved, my thoughts available to everyone), is invaluable if I ever want to be a filmmaker myself one day.

But I quit JLB Movies after just one month, in April. I was too depressed and burnt out after just a month, even though I continued to watch movies throughout the year in anticipation of relaunching the site. I even wrote reviews of those films, which is why it appears from looking at the site that I maintained it all year because there are no weeks missing in the movie schedule ;) That is my hatrick, haha.

When AOTC opened through July, I admit I accomplished essentially nothing. I screwed around online a bit, wasn't running my sites, wasn't watching many movies, didn't see all that many friends (probably 3 times every two weeks), and it was my first summer, too, where my best friend Bryan had a girlfriend so we almost never saw each other. We played golf perhaps 20 times the summer before. Guess how many in summer 2002? ZERO. Not once. The few times I saw him, he just watched a movie with me at a theater and that was it pretty much, so we never much hung out. I remember one time we hung out and he made me help him edit this video for Stacey's birthday and it showed all of this time him and her spent together. Ok, seriously, wtf? Did I want to see all of stuff I was missing out on and all his mushy nonsense?! Haha, no. That was one of the most singularly depressing nights I've ever had, LOL.

Then at the end of June I totalled my $15,000 Montero, which was basically $10,000 in damage "or more" and was not, therefore, worth fixing. I somehow walked away without a scratch or a headache or a backache or anything else whatsoever, not even a stiff neck, but that was something of a miracle. In summer 2001 I think I had various friends who were girls up to my house perhaps 10 to 12 times. I had no girls up to my house at all during 2002's summer, not even once from June through September. Not to mention that those girls who I had considered friends ended up being very flaky and unreliable and basically blew me off, so I thought I had 4 fairly good friends who were girls in 2001, and from early February through March of 2002, I somehow lost them all, haha. 4 to 0 in two months, or that is how it seemed. I only occassionally talk to any of them anymore, but I haven't talked with two of them in at least 3 months now.

On top of all that, 2002 begun with my huge investment in FreeFunJokes not working out as I wanted and it was clear I was going to have a tough time recovering the massive loan I took from my dad.

As I said, though, 2002 ended well.

JLB Movies started again in September (late), recently I got a check from the United States Treasury for tax refunds of $2,750 and I will apply that to my loan to my dad, meaning I am a month or two from being out of debt entirely, which is really exciting for me at least. Then I returned to college and did so with an above average number of credits (just 16, but that is above 15) and managed perfect grades, so all of that restored some level of confidence. Not to mention that time heals all wounds, which is mostly true. Maybe not entirely, but mostly, and thus I begin 2003 with a lot of momentum and a bad year behind me. That is why 2002 sucked. :) The long answer, haha.

JonathanLB
Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:34:27 AM
"Exactly! Parties suck. What a waste of time. THEY are the ones who are boring. People are so shallow. You are definitely not weird! You're actually one of the most interesting people I "know" on the internet. Even though we always disagree on everything, I always read your posts with interest."

Well, lol, I am surprised you say that, but if you mean it, that's cool, I am glad we can disagree then and still read each other's posts. I do remember at one point, several years ago, what I always liked about you is that you wouldn't ever get mad or offensive about any post made. You were always even-headed and reasonable. I just thought from your other recent posts, though, that you only wanted to criticize me so I didn't know what to think.

I agree with you about parties, though, I think seriously those people must be the ones who do not have anything to talk about and therefore want to engage others on an entirely superficial level so their shallowness is not discovered. I mean no offense to people who go to clubs, but I suspect there are a lot of them like that, although I wouldn't want to generalize because I don't know. I just would rather have a social situation where I could meet new people, like really meet them, but not be drowned out by music so that my words cannot be heard.

I mean I'll be honest here, if I had to get a girlfriend entirely based on my looks, I would be in trouble because my strongest points are intelligence and personality, or at least I would like to think I can be an interesting or funny guy a lot of the time. My friends always laugh anyway, but the point is, I have more confidence in those two traits than my looks, so if dance parties like that are all about looks, then it's all about my most insecure attribute and that's not a situation I really like.

Sanis Prent
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:29:03 AM
I enjoy parties. I must be really shallow and superficial. Oh well :rolleyes

JMK
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:51:42 AM
Parties can be cool, but I hate them if I go to a place where you know like 5% of the people there. If I know half the people, then I'm ok, but to have to cling to that 5% sucks. From time to time I enjoy a good party or going to a club, but I'm way out of the phase where I would go on a regular basis. I'd just rather hang out somewhere with my friends, drink ourselves silly, watch sports and play PS2. :D

JonathanLB
Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:45:30 PM
JMK, that sounds exactly like what we do here, lol. We hook up the X-Box and PS2, play some NFL games, rally racing, stuff like that, watch movies in the home theater, have some drinks, sometimes play cards or make fun of Mike, lol, and that's about that.

Sanis, I do not mean parties, I mean clubs, because parties can include so many things. For instance, I would be more a fan of adult parties, like ones where people are dressed nicely, you meet well off people, you got classical music playing not rap or pop crap, and you can hear yourself think as well as talk to other people. I've been around situations like that so many times, though, I suppose that makes me different than most people my age obviously. Like the one time we had a few senators up, a bunch of high ranking CEOs and whatnot, then Former President Bush (Sr.) came to give a speech and all. Seeing the Secret Service agents was interesting too, haha.

Sanis Prent
Jan 2nd, 2003, 05:25:22 PM
I attend parties that play rap and pop crap, as you eloquently put it. What's your point?

Jedieb
Jan 2nd, 2003, 05:46:05 PM
I'd just rather hang out somewhere with my friends, drink ourselves silly, watch sports and play PS2.
Sounds like heaven. :cool

I attend parties that play rap and pop crap, as you eloquently put it. What's your point?
Sounds great too. :cool

Different strokes for different folkes.

JonathanLB
Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:36:51 PM
"I attend parties that play rap and pop crap, as you eloquently put it. What's your point?"

As Jedieb said, it depends on what you want to do. Personally, you couldn't pay me enough to attend another idiotic waste of time like that. Screw that teen crap.

Sanis Prent
Jan 2nd, 2003, 07:00:18 PM
I'm older than you are, by at least two years. Don't come off with a stiff upper lip now that you've hit two-zero.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 2nd, 2003, 07:45:56 PM
I had a good new years. Got smashed, played drunken pool but got no action. :( Other than that, it was a success! :D Didn't go to bed until 5:30 am. WOOOHOOO!

(Charley, you'da been proud of me. Really. Two cranberry moons, one low tolerance, a sex on the beach, and a smirnoff ice....I was gone. The Smirnoff was really good, although I was totally drunk already...so who knows. I've never had one before.) :)

CMJ
Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:02:51 PM
I watched college football on New Years Eve...and New Years Day. Yeah I have a life. ;)

Sanis Prent
Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:13:28 PM
I had 3 Rolling Rocks, 6 Bud Lights, and 3 shots of jack. I took it easy.

JonathanLB
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:09:20 PM
"I'm older than you are, by at least two years. Don't come off with a stiff upper lip now that you've hit two-zero."

Oh puh-lease, age has nothing to do with this. I've been above that since I was 14. I never got into pop music and have always preferred classical music to any new-age nonsense. I enjoy some pop songs here and there of course, like anyone, but it has nothing on the classical movie scores from John Barry, John Williams, Danny Elfman, Jerry Goldsmith, etc. I like Enya too, but you wouldn't hear them playing that at a dance club.

I have seen people 28 years old still acting like they are high school seniors. I am beyond the college level as far as my interests so I have little use for using age as a guide for anything. Nobody else my age spends their free time studying film as diligently as I do, they just party and waste time. That's their choice, and there's nothing wrong with that either, but the point stands. I don't know many people in college with my level of focus, 22, 24, or whatever age they are.

This one girl said to my friend Sean Cox, "You guys [referring to him, me, and a bunch of our friends, our "group"] were always above all that," and Sean was like, "Hmm I just thought they were below me." LOL, amen to that. "Oh let's go get wasted and do illegal stuff hahaha cool we are the popular peeps, worship us!" Ugg, please, I hope these people had fun in high school because that really is as good as it'll ever get for them.

"Got smashed, played drunken pool but got no action. Other than that, it was a success!"

lol, nice LD. Drunken pool is always fun. I have a friend Matt who actually plays better when he is drunk, I kid you not. I can beat him sober a majority of the time, even though he is quite good, but when he gets drunk, he gets angry, and for some reason that propels his game :)

Princess Sunflower
Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:25:50 PM
A Co-worker of mine pointed out to me what today's date is:

01-02-03!

I didn't even realize it myself! I thought that was pretty cool!

Ur...no comments from you Dutchy and you know what I'm talking about! LOL! :D

JonathanLB
Jan 3rd, 2003, 01:03:33 AM
Oh you mean backwards dating?! :D

JediBoricua
Jan 3rd, 2003, 01:11:21 AM
I really don't enjoy going clubbing or whatever. I don't know, is just that dancing isn't my thing. Too crowded and whatnot. True when I was single they were a lot more fun, I mean where else can you dance with twenty some women and not feel any guilt! ;)

Now what I really enjoy is going bar-hopping. I love a place with live music, good friends and a lot of alcohol. You wouldn't believe the theories of the universe, religion and other things I have though about when drunk. It's hillarious!!!

Anyways, on New Years Eve I had about 8 Corona's, best beer in the world if you ask me. Those mexicans sure know what they are doing!

JonathanLB
Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:09:51 AM
I bought a bunch of Coronas for my friend Sean because he likes them a lot.

I do not like Corona, though. First, all beer just tastes bad in general. There is no such thing, no matter what anyone may think, as a good beer. It's impossible to make a good beer just as it's impossible to make piss taste good. That being said, I can tolerate Bud and Bud Light (I prefer Bud Light) because it tastes a lot more pure, it isn't bitter, and it goes down like alcohol and water, which is a lot better than the piss taste that most other beers have. I think the worst beer I ever had (and this will mean nothing to anyone else) is Black Butte Porter, a fairly local brew here in Oregon. It's very dark and just disgusting in general. The worst piss water available.

I love Smirnoff Ice, I like Mike's Hard Lemonade, then I like Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade even better (just tried it a few weeks ago), plus Jack Daniel's Hurricane Punch and Downhome Punch are both good, but extremely expensive per ounce (3 times the price of beer or so, 6 times the price of cheap beer I guess), then Zima is ok, but I hate Skky Blue or is it Skyy Blue or whatever it is, that stuff is so disgusting. We got that once and let me tell you, never again. The marketing is fantastic, the bottle looks so cool, and you think, "Wow that must be really good! I have to try it." Well it's the worst tasting nonsense around. It makes me ill just thinking about it. It's so sweet it's like drinking water with pixie stick powder mixed in.

Dancing is so incredibly gay I can't even express how much I detest it with words. lol. It's utterly pointless too. I suppose many activities people do at parties are about that pointless, like drinking yourself silly, definitely pointless and stupid, but I've done it before so don't get me wrong, I realize these things happen, hehe. But dancing, I mean jesus christ, what a waste of energy! What is the PURPOSE?! The point of basketball or football is obvious. In football you score TDs and field goals, in basketball you score baskets, so in both you are trying to achieve a goal -- outscore the other team. There is no point to dancing because it isn't a sport and it's entirely foolish. It's a useless expenditure of energy that looks dumb, is dumb, and makes humans look pathetic. I've seen pointless activities like dancing before, but it was from sheep when they were being herded. Seriously, no offense, but it's so dumb.

You can't very well argue that humans are far above animals when dancing is such a silly mating ritual, basically, or "dating ritual" if you will, but birds and other creatures have their own ways of attracting the opposite gender that are just as silly and basic. It's not impressive. The real way to meet people is a lot more advanced, you don't just shake your butt and try to attract someone who thinks you look hot or whatever, you meet them through conversation and common interests, like through work, or maybe through a mutual friend, or any other way is better than going to some club and making a fool of yourself. I have more dignity than that and I am not that desperate. Not yet anyway ;)

Princess Sunflower
Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:05:40 AM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
Oh you mean backwards dating?! :D

EXACTLY! To our European Friends it would not have looked so cool.

But today it looks cool for both of us: 03-03-03. Forwards or backwards it looks the same! hehe!

JonathanLB
Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:27:13 AM
Wait how did it become 03-03-03 today? Is it March already? Wow winter term went fast! ;)

But that will be tight, 03/03/03

Princess Sunflower
Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:57:06 AM
Yea...what was I thinking! hehe! I must still have lingering effects from New Year's...

Yea..that will be a cool day WHEN it gets here!

JMK
Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:57:31 AM
I took in 4 beers and a 26oz. bottle of Smirnoff Citrus Vodka (not the smirnoff ice drinks). Needless to say, I was totally blitzed. :x Felt fine the next day though. :)

JediBoricua
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:17:50 AM
Thankfully Vodka does not cause a hangover! I tell you it's the drink of the gods!

Bless those russians!

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:30:02 AM
I don't know how you do it, Vodka always gave me hangovers. ANYTHING in excess gave me hangovers. That's the one thing I don't miss from college, hangoves.:x

I played Bounty Hunter and didn't even notice the clock had hit midnight. Haven't gone out drinking to celebrate the New Year for years. I'm not dragging the little ones to some party so they can be exhausted. When I visit the family in Miami there's always a big party, but I like having a quiet celebration here at my home.

Sanis Prent
Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:28:22 AM
Beer is a cornerstone of human civilization. Anyone who doesn't like beer is obviously a boorish, small-minded person who can't appreciate human culture, and should spend their time seeking psychiatric help. I mean, only a complete idiot would hate beer, haha. The first beer was brewed in the cultural hearth of Mesopotamia, about 6000 years ago. I know this because I go to college, which makes me a better man than most people out there, and all my friends call me advanced, and well-adjusted, so I must be. In fact, I'm so well adjusted, that I can detect the intellectual capacity of people by what kind of party they go to. For instance, if you spend the night listening to soundtracks, playing video games, and drinking rotgut panty droppers, you're obviously an only child, and need to get out more, haha.

Sound familiar? ;)

JMK
Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:59:41 PM
Sounds like me. :p

I'm going more and more toward the quiet celebration route every year. While I got smashed, and clearly had fun, I would just as easily pass up that night and trade it for a night of PS2. :\

JonathanLB
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:15:37 PM
Ignoring Sanis' silly post, which bears little relevance to what we were talking about...

"When I visit the family in Miami there's always a big party, but I like having a quiet celebration here at my home."

Nothing wrong with that. It is just another day really, it's not like you have to get hammered to enjoy yourself.

Hey I was reading in The Oregonian, though, that Vodka is one of the purest substances with regard to hangovers because it literally is just water and alcohol, so you are less likely to get a hangover.

The time I was super, super drunk from 12 shots of vodka I definitely had a hangover, but actually it was not as severe as the next time, which was like, ugg, a few beers, a few other drinks, a few shots of Wild Turkey (EWW), maybe some Tuaca, a lot of stuff like that. But when I had the vodka, I felt "ok" the next morning, not really a headache, but I felt light headed and shaky, like my strength just hadn't returned, and I had no appetite at all. I tried to eat a breakfast and could not get through much. I went out for the day to Santa Monica with some guys and by the time it was dinner, about 6, I felt much better and we went to Hooters, lol. It wasn't altogether a bad day afterwards, surprisingly, whereas the next time I got wasted I was in bed until 8 p.m., after getting up at 10 and throwing up 3 times, and on 5 occassions throughout the day I tried to get up, but felt incredibly sick every time I did, so then I just kept on sleeping the entire day. When I got up at 8, I was able to make my bed somehow and crawl out, then I felt fine after that and recovered entirely within 4 hours.

JMK
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:31:51 PM
The time I was super, super drunk from 12 shots of vodka I definitely had a hangover

Lightweight. ;) Try taking down 26 ounces spread out over 3 drinks, then tell me how you feel! :p

By the way, that's rhetorical, I don't actually want you to try it; it may land you in the hospital with a tube down your throat! Then you'll get the obligatory "Drink in moderation" lecture.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:02:10 PM
I LOVE DANCING!

The only people who don't like dancing are people with no rythmn. I'm going to downtown Portland tonight with some friends and I'm gonna DANCE and have a ball. WOOHOO!

If a man can't appreciate the art of a woman dancing, there is something seriously wrong with him. Nuff Said. :D

JMK
Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:26:18 PM
Dancing women = Excellent.:thumbup
Dancing dudes = Bogus.:thumbdown

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:14:07 PM
I just realized that I should qualify my statement to NOT include strippers and pornographic dancing, which should not be done in public in a club, or at a party. At least, no party or club that *I* am at!

JMK, you're right. But, a man who can dance...seriously gets the women all over him. So men should learn how to dance, because its a really big turn-on. Seriously.

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:39:54 PM
JMK, you're right. But, a man who can dance...seriously gets the women all over him. So men should learn how to dance, because its a really big turn-on. Seriously.
I knew it! Tell us more secrets of the female mind!:smokin

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:59:49 PM
I think one was quite enough for today. ;)

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:01:57 PM
If not for me, then for those poor slobs who are single. THINK OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crack

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:43:12 PM
:mneh

Ok here's a tip about women:

We like being important to you, but we *don't* like being the only thing in your life that keeps you going. The responsibility is too great. Most women (at least, the ones you single guys should be interested in) want a man who knows where he's going and how he's getting there. We don't want to be the puzzle piece that completes you.

And when I say "we," I mean, "I." ;)

ReaperFett
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:13:16 PM
I dont drink, didnt do anything for New Years, cant dance and never have danced properly. See that queue forming? :)

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:21:50 PM
You chicks are just WAAAYYYY too demanding. I need ya to wash my clothes, feed me, and pick up after me. Is that too much to ask for?!!! ;)

ReaperFett
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:23:29 PM
no girls demand from me. Or talk to me. It's a tradeoff :)

Jedieb
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:24:49 PM
You should start stalking them. That'll get them talking to ya!!!:crack

ReaperFett
Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:26:09 PM
I disagree. My X-Men mutant power is I teleport all people who might like talking to me to the other side of the country :)

JonathanLB
Jan 4th, 2003, 01:36:15 AM
This thread is getting progressively funnier.

"If not for me, then for those poor slobs who are single. THINK OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes, think of us!!! :)

I agree with LD totally on her statement, though, it's a bit pathetic when a guy, or a girl for that matter, makes their significant other their entire life. Look at it from this perspective: if you are so insecure with yourself and unhappy without anyone else, then you must have much greater problems than just not having a girlfriend or boyfriend.

Ultimately, if you can't be happy with yourself, how do you expect to be happy with someone else?

Reaper, I hear you there, lol, I can't dance worth beans, maybe if I'm pretty drunk I could try, but no thanks. I figure I'll become a wealthy filmmaker and go down to Brazil to find some beautiful babe and make her a U.S. citizen.

JMK
Jan 4th, 2003, 02:08:26 PM
Well screw you guys! I'm a dancing machine! :lol

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 04:41:31 PM
Dancing like Pee Wee's Tequila dance, or John Travolta in SNF? I prefer PeeWee's moves. Everyone assumes your hammered and laughs with you, not at you.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:05:07 PM
*latches onto JMK's arm* :love

^ see?!?!

if you are so insecure with yourself and unhappy without anyone else, then you must have much greater problems than just not having a girlfriend or boyfriend.

Ultimately, if you can't be happy with yourself, how do you expect to be happy with someone else?And yes, Jonathan, I completely agree with you as well.

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:07:07 PM
Fine! I'll never be happy with anyone else! I'm going to go live in a CAVE! HAPPY?

;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:13:37 PM
I'm going to go live in a CAVE!

Must...resist....Izzard quote........ ^_^;

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:17:15 PM
You hold that one back! :)

Im trying to mope around here! ;)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:36:51 PM
You won't be alone, the bats will keep you company. Or maybe a bear will live in the cave with you. Then you and the bear can have fun driving the Ranger crazy by stealing 'pickanick' baskets. Life in a cave, it's all good.

Wouldn't of hooked up with my wife if I hadn't been happy with myself. Self loathing or self pity just aren't chick magnets.

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:38:38 PM
self loathing and self pity are in the same situation as me then ;)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:40:31 PM
Women don't want someone who treats themselves like crap, they want someone who'll treat THEM like crap.:evil

Admiral Lebron
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:41:58 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:43:11 PM
Hey, give me something positive and Id be a positive guy :)

Admiral Lebron
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:46:26 PM
http://somethingpositive.net

http://somethingpositive.com

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:47:37 PM
..... wait give me a minute..... hold on.... crap, I've got nothing for ya. :\

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:51:59 PM
Noone has, sadly :)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:57:45 PM
5 things to be positive about
1. You're not Jerry Falwell
2. You don't work for Jerry Falwell
3. You're not Rick James' publicist
4. You're not Sadam Hussein's body double
5. You had ZERO diapers to change today

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 09:59:46 PM
Who are Jerry Falwell and Rick James? :)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:02:46 PM
1 & 2. Insert obnoxious British religious fundamentalist.
3. Insert washed up British pop star; i.e, any Spice girl

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:06:19 PM
But theyre rich and famous :(

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:07:30 PM
Who cares, they're asses! Hell, Springer guests are famous for an hour. WOULD YOU WANT THAT FATE?!!!

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:09:52 PM
they dont have the rich part :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:12:45 PM
Not all of them are rich look at MC Hammer he has to go that reality show on Fox in order to make some money.

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:14:27 PM
He found Cable religion though. The smart ones who stay active also keep their money.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:18:52 PM
Even those who stay active can blow it I can think of two football players Andre Rison and Derrick Thomas who both blew there fortunes. Thomas, who played for the Chiefs, died a few years ago because of an auto accident and when he died he was basically in debt, he had about 5 illigement children trying to get money from his estate and I doubt any of them got more than 1000 dollars. Rison also blew his money (though I think his on/again off again relationship with that TLC singer hurt him)

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:20:34 PM
But they spend their lives getting blows to the head ;)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:22:02 PM
Money means NOTHING! What can it get you? A big house, great cars, clothes that don't make women laugh at you, fabulous material possessions.... What the hell was my point... Oh, yeah, money isn't everything, you don't need it. (Jedieb does his "I'm glad a married a Sugar Momma dance" for the 1,987 time.)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:22:54 PM
Getting blows to the head isn't exactly a BAD thing.... :evil

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:23:03 PM
Money means everything to the guy that has nothing.

A quote worthy of Oscar WIlde ;)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:30:42 PM
Well it shouldn't. All kidding aside, find value in yourself, not cash. If you search for it in money you'll more than likely never get enough and waste most of your life trying to accumulate it. Enjoy what you have. Believe, today someone somewhere had to carry a bucket of water on their head to keep the pot boiling in their hut. You got to post on the net, ain't life grand? :)

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:32:05 PM
Oh thats it. Not only do I think my life isnt great, but now Im an overreactor! ;)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:35:22 PM
You're right, just eat the gun. I should've known better. Leave your SW stuff to the board, we'll divy it up fairly!

JediBoricua
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:36:20 PM
Anything pre-1990 I get! :lol

Admiral Lebron
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:42:44 PM
I want the lightsabers!

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:42:44 PM
Eat the gun? They make them in chocolate these days? :)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:49:49 PM
People, you're pushing him to the edge!!! (Dibs on any action figures.)

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:52:06 PM
eb, Id never commit suicide. Part because death scares me. Part because you are NEVER getting my still boxed Gamorrean Guard and Ewok from 1983! :)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:54:56 PM
Yet another day where I've done some good. Now I can sleep with a clear conscience. :zzz

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 10:58:24 PM
What have you done? :)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:00:02 PM
Saved you from eating a chocolate gun because you want to keep your vintage pig face guard out of my possession. Again, haven't you been paying attention?!o_O

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:01:37 PM
No, I was too busy eating the trigger :)

Jedieb
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:04:12 PM
That chocolate will make you fat, your face will break out, and people will laugh at your pocked paced countenance. Oh crap, I undid all of my good work....

ReaperFett
Jan 4th, 2003, 11:06:24 PM
FAT? I believe I am medically dangerously underweight these days

JMK
Jan 5th, 2003, 02:24:01 AM
And if you're a chocolate fatty, you'll NEVER be able to dance! Me on the other hand, can eat chocolate and use it to my advantage for hours of dancing power! Hand it over tubs. ;)

JonathanLB
Jan 5th, 2003, 04:31:48 AM
I don't really want money, I just want what it can BUY me! :)

...like a Russian mail-order bride, for instance. ;) lol, j/k

After seeing Birthday Girl, I decided against that plan.

"Women don't want someone who treats themselves like crap, they want someone who'll treat THEM like crap."

I have noticed this, what gives with that? Jeez. If I were re-incarnated as a hot girl, I wouldn't take any crap from any guys, yet many hot girls I know don't fall for nice guys, at all, they like guys who swear at them, occassionally push them around, and otherwise abuse them, lol. I just don't get it. But I'm not going to be a <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> just to get a girl. In fact, I'm unwilling to change for anyone but myself. It would be one thing if I thought I needed to change, like if I was addicted to nicotine or something, but I have no harmful habits, I have never taken pills for anything, never had any abnormal problems, besides wanting to be Luke Skywalker, haha, j/k ;)

Anyway, I wouldn't expect a girl to change for me either, why would I want that? I would want to meet a girl I already liked then I wouldn't want her to change at all, haha.

ReaperFett
Jan 5th, 2003, 12:48:44 PM
Dont worry JMK, I have no stamina, so cant dance as it is ;)