PDA

View Full Version : Beginings - Taking an apprentice (Anthony Scott)

Oriadin
Dec 30th, 2002, 05:59:08 PM
Oriadin looked up the time. He sat alone and quiet at a clean and freshly wiped table. The faint smell of cleaning chemicals could still be smelt in the air surrounding the table.

The bar and grill was suprisingly quiet for this time of day. Usually more people would be in requesting their lunches, ordering drinks, sharing stories and resting after morning business. It was nice to get some peace and quiet from time to time. Sometimes it was hard to escape people at the Jedi Order and at times you could do with a little more time to yourself. This time though, Oriadin was awaiting someone to join him. A somewhat special person as it was the newly knighted Jedi's second meeting with Anthony Scott. His new Padawan Learner. With a bit of luck his daughter Faith would be there too. He was keen to meet her, and get a feel her thoughts on being at the Order. This was an important meeting but one which Oriadin hoped would be as informal as possible.

He'd gotten there a little early and so sat at the table for four reading a datapad as he waited. He chose not to order anything for the time being.

Anthony Scott
Dec 30th, 2002, 06:09:40 PM
At precisely noon, a man holding onto a little girl's hand entered Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill and stopped at security.

"I have nothing."

The man said gently and the large NR Guard waved him through. His companion, a five-year-old child, ran on before him and let her eyes wander around the establishment.

"This way, Faith."

Anthony called to his daughter as he waited for her to join him once again. She did so and the pair approached a table where a lone Jedi Knight sat -- Anthony's new Master. Smiling, the Padawan approached the table and bowed before sitting. He looked quite un-Jedi like -- clad in brown leather pants and a white t-shirt. Around his neck was a single silver chain with no charm at all. He ran his hand carelessly through his shoulder length brown hair and set his eyes upon his daughter as she sat beside Anthony and Oriadin.

"Hello Master -- this is my daughter, Faith. Faith, sweetheart --"

He tapped on her shoulder to get the curious young one's attention. A smile crossed his lips as his gentle eyes came to rest upon her face.

"This is my new Master, Oriadin -- he will be teaching me how to be a Jedi."

Anthony pointed across the table at the other man and nodded slightly. Faith's eyes widened as she eyed him curiously, then a broad grin overtook her features.

Faith Scott
Dec 30th, 2002, 06:14:32 PM
"I'm Faith! You look neat, Mr. You're gonna teach my Daddy? Can you teach me too?"

She beamed with curiousity and looked to her Father, making sure she was doing nothing wrong. He simply smiled at her and nodded slightly. Turning her head, Faith reached over and touched Oriadin's robes.

"Can I get something like this to wear?! Is my Daddy going to? They look cool!"

A giggle escaped her lips as she sat back in her seat and let her wide brown eyes take in every detail about her Father's new Master. He was a curious man, to her -- she had grown up around men, though, and in her lifetime, never had she seen one like him. She continued smiling, hoping that some of the answers to her question would include 'yes'.

Oriadin
Dec 30th, 2002, 07:20:21 PM
Oriadin sensed Anthony enter the room along with a young child who he presumed was his daughter faith. It didnt take long for Anthony to introduce them and his presumptions were correct. He nodded and smiled towards his new Padawan as he took a seat to greet him before turning his attentions to the child.

There were so few children at the order these days. Only a small handfull that Oriadin could think of off the top of his head. He loved children. There was something inocent about them. They had no real worries and everything is taken at face value as a child. Things are as they seem. Things are simple. A child can be best friends with someone they met moments ago whereas an adult would be too afraid of rejection to even talk to a stranger. Even the wise could learn something from the youngest of people.

--Hello Faith! Well, arent you a pretty little thing.--

He smiled before laughing lightly as the girl asked if she would get some Jedi Robes and if her father would too.

--Well, im sure we can sort something out for you.--

Before anyone had the chance to say anything else the knight closed his eyes and extended his hand slightly over the table. His face was one of concentration. Within a few seconds a small, bright yellow flower floated into Oriadins hand and he handed it to the young girl.

--This... is for you--

He said with a smile before turning his attentions back to Anthony.

--I havent ordered anything yet. I thought id wait for you to get here before ordering any drinks or anything. What would you like?--

Anthony Scott
Dec 30th, 2002, 08:42:00 PM
Anthony smiled as he watched his Master interact with his Daughter. He was kind and caring, and seemed genuinly interested in her happiness. This made Anthony feel even better about the fact that he was training under Oriadin.

"I will just have a soda and maybe a salad, if that's okay."

He simply stated, then looked to Faith. She was busy marveling at the flower in her hand. He laughed to himself and shook his head.

"I think she'd probably have a soda too -- maybe a hamburger -- she was complaining that she was hungry."

Oriadin
Jan 5th, 2003, 04:48:59 PM
The Jedi Knight nodded with a smile. He was pleased that Faith liked her flower. He nodded over towards the nearest droid and made the order two sodas, a hamburger, a basket of chips and some meat pieces for them all to share. Oh, and not to forget his usual ice water.

The droid went off to begin the preperation of the order. As it did so Oriadin wondered what had happend to certain individual who had been working here a while back and had been trying to get into the Jedi but had been refused on several occasions. Oriadin hadnt seen the keen yound man in some time.

Not to worry, he had more important issues to deal with for the time being. Anthony was his padawan but where should he begin? Not being in a position to teach before made this an interesting position for Oriadin but he was determined to do the best he could, as he always did.

--So... Anthony, why dont you tell me a little about yourself, where your from and why you thought you could become a Jedi?--

OOC: Sorry I havent been around much. Funny time of year. I'll be around almost every day from tomorrow I should think. Sorry again :)

Anthony Scott
Jan 17th, 2003, 09:52:45 PM
--So... Anthony, why dont you tell me a little about yourself, where your from and why you thought you could become a Jedi?--

The question caught him a bit off-guard as he eyed his new Master -- the man he knew that he should trust -- that he could trust. His dark brown eyes fell to Faith's face for a moment as she giggled and played with the pretty flower in her hands. 'Good, she's not listening.' he thought to himself as his attention was brought back to Oriadin.

"Well, Master, I was born on the beautiful planet of Valarea. I grew up there all my life with a loving family. I hav -- had a Mother and Father -- but they died recently. My uncle is also deceased, but I have a cousin who is like a sister to me, and -- and --"

His words were cut short as thoughts of Dantae entered his mind. A hard lump formed at the back of his throat as he swallowed and attempted to regain his train of thought.

"And a Brother who is but two and a half years younger than I. He is not like the rest of my Family. He is -- filled with a darkness that I cannot describe."

Again he paused and inhaled deeply, allowing the calming effect to envelope his body once again. A smile crossed his face as he eyed Faith once again, realizing that he had nothing to be ashamed of or fear -- he could tell Oriadin everything and sooner or later his Daughter would hear, even if she did not understand.

"I suppose I'm a bit -- unique, as it stands now that my parents have died. I was to -- to -- take over the family business and lead it to success."

'That was lame!' the thoughts smacked him and he winced slightly, keeping calm the entire time. He indirectly witheld the truth from Oriadin, for it was not something he wanted out and about. Sighing, he continued.

"I knew that it was not for me, so I went in search of the protectors I had heard about growing up: the Jedi. I knew that it was the life for me -- I am not like others that I know and a man even once told me of this very place. Something inside told me to come here, and so I followed my vision and now look at where I am! It's an incredible thing, really!"

ooc: It's okay! Sorry it's taken me so long -- been very, very busy!

Oriadin
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:50:17 AM
Oriadin sensed that his Padawan was holding something back but what, he wasnt sure of. Something of his past, Anthony wanted left behind. Although he couldnt understand it he felt confident that the truth would come out when Anthony wanted it to. In his own time.

A whirring noise came up behind Oriadin before he got the chance to reply to Anthony's words. A serving droid had returned with their order. Everything was placed on the table.

DROID: Would you like anything else sir?

--No that'll be all for now, thankyou.

The whirring noise gradually faded as the droid made its way back to the kitchen area.

Oriadin gave a look to his Padawan as if he was trying to work him out. It must have been obvious that he thought Anthony was holding something back. After a second or two he let out a smile.

--Well, im sure things will get better for you here. Have you sorted out a place to stay in the living quarters yet?--

Anthony Scott
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:14:42 PM
Delicious smells filled the air as food and drink was brought to their table by a droid and set down. Anthony smiled as he eyed his salad and then took a sip of his soda. Faith dug right into her food and nearly had half the burger gone before Anthony began speaking again.

"Yes Master -- I found a very nice room actually and I've been slowly making some friends around here."

'Of course it's not as nice as the Palace, but that isn't what I want.' he thought quietly to himself, not able to completely hide his thoughts from the outside world. The young Padawan lifted his fork and knife then went cutting at the green leaves upon the plate before him. He set down the knife and then scooped up a large heap of salad with his fork before taking a healthy bit of it. He chewed quickly and swallowed even faster as to give him the chance to speak again.

"I live down the hall from Ceres Duvall. She is one of the first people I met here."

His thoughts drifted again to the dinner date they had just days before. It had been an enjoyable time and he loved her company. An inward sigh came as he thought of how she suddenly had to leave, but Anthony pushed the thoughts aside and stuffed his fork into his salad once again.

Oriadin
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:45:48 AM
--Ah, Ceres Duvall. I know of her but I dont think ive ever met her. I havent seen her around for a while either come to think of it.

So, lets get on to business. Can you tell me a little bit about what experiences youve had with the force? Can you tell me what your understanding of the force actually is and also what you think the Jedi are here for?--

A nice informal way to get Anthony's training underway, Oriadin thought. This would be an indicator on what work and how much work was to be done.

Anthony Scott
Feb 7th, 2003, 03:16:19 PM
Anthony thought a moment before nodding slowly. His only experience with the Force had been a strange day when a large scale battle was happening on the outskirts of his kingdom and he rode up with a message for his brother when suddenly the fighting ceased and the enemy fled. It was a confusing time and Anthony had gone to an old friend -- a Force user, for help. Kona, as he was called, spoke of a gift that the young Prince possessed and it had to do with the Force -- but Anthony refused to believe it and so he continued on his path in life. As the memories flooded his mind, the young Padawan became lost in them until he remembered where he was.

"Oh -- my experience with the Force? Well -- I ah -- something is wrong with me I guess. I shock people when I touch them but they always seem to feel better even if there is nothing wrong with them. I was told to have a gift of sorts -- but not just in this healing thing -- in something much more large scale."

'You need to trust him, he's your teacher and friend!' Anthony's mind scolded him for keeping such things from his teacher. Faith was occupied with her food and surely she would not remember the day her Daddy stopped the war. Sighing once again, he continued with a burdened heart and mind.

"I can stop fights or something I guess. Maybe people are just horrified by my appearance or something -- I dunno."

He shrugged it off and pushed thoughts of the two strange gifts from his mind. Indeed -- his hands were gifted with healing powers and his presence was enough to halt wars.

Oriadin
Feb 10th, 2003, 03:50:44 AM
It was obvious to Oriadin that Anthony was holding somthing back but the reason why illuded him, for now. His Padawan still didnt feel at ease in Oriadins company perhaps. That was something that would have to be earned now. Trust wasnt something everyone gave out easily.

--Well then, Anthony. Your descriptions have been fairly vague and my knowledge of 'healing' is very limited to say the least. I enjoy a challenge though and if we work together hard enough, then we should come through alright--

He winked and smiled.

--I think, to begin with, we will concentrait on getting to know what you can and cant do with the force. Run over the basics to see what you can do. I think we'll begin tomorrow. By all means, bring faith if you wish.--

He smiled and looked down at the happy little girl. Her legs didn touch the ground and so they were swinging back and fourth happily.

Anthony Scott
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:17:34 AM
Anthony nodded and smiled before his eyes drifted to Faith. It would be good for her to watch him and perhaps someday she too would become a Jedi. Focusing his attention back on Oriadin, Anthony sighed inwardly, unable to forgive himself for holding things back from his teacher. 'All in time', he thought for a moment.

"That sounds like a good plan, Master. I will not be late and I will be sure to bring my pride and joy along."

'You have to tell him sooner or later -- he has a right to know!' But despite his subconscious scolding, the young Padawan was unable to bring forth the truth. He decided that tomorrow, perhaps, he would explain more to his teacher -- if he had enough courage to.

Faith Scott
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:22:07 AM
Faith giggled and swung her legs as she sat upon the chair. Her big brown eyes gazed up at her Father and she nodded in approval to the plan of tomorrow.

"I would very much app -- appre -- Daddy, what was that word? Appreeeessheate?"

She giggled but inwardly was proud of her attempt at the word before she finished her sentance.

"I would like to go with you Daddy and Master Oriadin!"

The little girl's face lit up as thoughts of what tomorrow would hold entered her mind. 'Maybe I could be a Jedi like Daddy!' she thought to herself before she went back to playing with the crumpled up napkin on the table. With one throw into the air it landed in Anthony's drink and immediatly the girl sunk into the chair, attempting to hide from her Father.

"It's alright Faith -- it was an accident."

His voice was calm and warm as ever as he picked the foreign object from his glass and threw it in a nearby trashcan. Faith giggled and hugged her Father before sitting back in her chair and resuming swinging her legs.

Oriadin
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:54:15 AM
--Thats it settled then. I'll meet you in the training grounds tomorrow morning. Say... 8:30.--

Oriadin smiled, and continued to eat his lunch.

-----------------------

OOC: I'll set up a training thread tomorrow and will post the link in here for you. :)