PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Green of the Redskins

JonathanLB
Dec 30th, 2002, 06:55:51 AM
He is a great guy, finally retiring at age 42, wow! 20 seasons with a single football team is a level of loyalty more common to 50 years ago or 60 years ago in other sports too, not present day, where any given player usually leaves a team within 5 years, maybe 8 or 9.

He is a positive force in his community and the type of athlete I wish we had more of today. Give me 1 Darrell Green over 20 more flashy and elegant players who think that only they are important and that the entire world revolves around them. I just wanted to salute a truly great guy and athlete who retired today. May he enjoy great success in the future, away from football!

CMJ
Dec 30th, 2002, 10:30:36 AM
I agree...class guy all the way. I honestly can't remember a time when he HASN'T played.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 30th, 2002, 11:58:02 AM
He is a great Football player and has been a very loyal one too that is rare these days.

Taylor Millard
Dec 30th, 2002, 01:07:27 PM
Yeah...he is good. Also know his cigars.

He stopped into the cigar store I used to workfor and bought some cigars from us. Real nice guy too.

Jedieb
Dec 30th, 2002, 02:04:16 PM
I can still remember him chasing down Tony Dorsett as a rookie. Phenomenal speed matched only by his class on and off the field. Nice to see someone have such a long career with just one team. He and Emmit had a nice moment before that last game. It'd be a shame if Emmit couldn't finish his career the same way Green did.

sirdizzy
Dec 30th, 2002, 02:12:03 PM
my hats off to him, its good to still see players loyal to one team

JMK
Dec 30th, 2002, 02:50:20 PM
He's a rare breed. Sports do need more guys like him. Steve Yzerman & Mario Lemieux also come to mind in that category. Tony Gwynn too. I love that guy. :)

Taylor Millard
Dec 30th, 2002, 03:07:53 PM
Mike Modano of the Stars too. Roger Staubach. Tony Gwynn.