PDA

View Full Version : Episode VI - Real Ending?

Jedi_Psyche
Dec 29th, 2002, 01:38:21 PM
I was watching Episode VI yesterday and I started to wonder about something. Yoda greatly emphasizes that if Luke is to die or turn to the dark side, that Leia would be the Jedi's last hope. Of course, Luke doesnt die and he defeats the dark side, so I started to wonder what the final three episodes are about, which made me wonder. I thought that maybe, as Lucus came to the conclusion that he would not make the final three, Lucus decided to alter the ending of Episode VI, so it would bring all conflict to an end. I wonder if, in the original story, Lucus had written that Luke was to die by the hand of the Emperor, and then, the final three episodes would depict Leia defeating the dark side.

Im sure that many will disagree with me, but I just thought it'd be something interesting to think about.

Jedieb
Dec 29th, 2002, 02:39:04 PM
In the early drafts of the story Leia was not intended to be Luke's sister. She wasn't even his sister in early drafts of ROTJ I believe. At one point ROTJ could have featured Obi-Wan returning to material form to battle Vader. The whole confrontation was going to take place in the Emperor's stronghold over a lake of lava. There were even going to be 2 Death Stars. The story went through many permutations and forms. Lucas didn't have everything spelled out back in the late 70's.

Originally, the 3rd trilogy was suppose to center around the Emperor was to have survived and Luke was suppose to rebuild the Jedi. Then they would have faced off in the final end. Lucas decided to drop the 3rd trilogy, probably because the films were so time consuming and difficult to make, so he needed to wrap everything up with ROTJ.

JMK
Dec 29th, 2002, 03:51:53 PM
Boy wouldn't that have been something. If Luke killed Vader, became the Emperor's apprentice, and then Leia is the one to redeem the entire Skywalker family in a 3rd trilogy!

Figrin D'an
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:20:44 PM
Most definately... many things were changed from those early drafts. In some of the revisions for ROTJ, the script called for Han to die, and for "Endor" to be full of Wookies. I think at one point, Lando was supposed to bite the dust as well, with the Millenium Falcon getting destroyed in the assault on the second Death Star. ROTJ was going to have a very meloncholy ending, with Luke defeating Vader and the Death Star being destroyed, but the Emperor escaping and the losses for the Rebels being very high. So, when the idea for Episodes VII-IX got ditched, ROTJ was changed to make it a final conclusion, and thus much happier for the heroes.

Jamel Croko'yn
Jan 5th, 2003, 04:06:22 AM
I wish he would have made tthat 3rd Trilogy, it would have been pretty cool ^_^

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:32:28 PM
It would have been cool but I guess he felt he couldn't have done it right.

JMK
Jan 5th, 2003, 01:59:28 PM
I think I'll be satisfied when Episode 3 is out. I'm not completely thrilled with Lucas' directing skills these days, so I hope he gives it a rest after Episode 3. :\

Heero Luna
Jan 5th, 2003, 04:24:05 PM
I agree totally. Lucas is very rusty. Infact...was he ever much good a director?

JMK
Jan 5th, 2003, 04:49:22 PM
I loved the job he did in ANH and American Graffiti. But IMO there's a quality that's lacking in his prequels.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 6th, 2003, 12:23:53 AM
I am personally satasified with the job he has done in both films but that is just me.

CMJ
Jan 13th, 2003, 05:31:01 PM
I think he showed his rust on TPM, but AOTC rolled along at a good clip.

Also, as far as Episodes 6-9, I posted what was supposed happen in them awhile back(I includes VI, because it was FAR different from how it turned out).

Actually Episodes 1-3 were far different in conception too.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:21:11 PM
I rembember that CMJ, and I am glad it didn't go that way.

Jedi_Psyche
Jan 18th, 2003, 04:49:00 PM
Okay, i have a question about the Trilogy. Is the digitally remastered version the first time it ever came out on video?

JMK
Jan 18th, 2003, 05:33:40 PM
No, it was released on video in the 80's. You can find the vintage boxes somewhere....

JediRaver
Jan 19th, 2003, 08:51:53 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Psyche
Yoda greatly emphasizes that if Luke is to die or turn to the dark side, that Leia would be the Jedi's last hope.

Wasn't there a comic that came out recently that dealt with that? :huh

GraNi NaColu
Feb 4th, 2003, 08:19:06 PM
I find Lucas' directing abilities to have no flaws? I'm sure it's difficult to direct, and I give him alot of praise for putting together such a long trilogy. I haven't seen any other trilogy that has lasted as long as Star Wars.

Jedieb
Feb 5th, 2003, 10:16:32 AM
Wasn't there a comic that came out recently that dealt with that?
Star Wars Infinities has Luke die at the hands of the Wampa on Hoth. Then it's up to Leia to save the galaxy with the help of Yoda.

Jedi_Psyche
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:25:10 PM
about the making of the final trilogy of Star Wars... Mark Hammil was once quoted in saying that he thought that if Lucas could do it, he'd make a movie w/o actors.. and ya know what? i believe it! i heard once that one of the reasons the last 3 werent/wont be made was that by the time they could have raised the money, the actors would be too old... wouldnt it be just unreal if Lucas was able to digitally recreate the main characters from the OT that would star in the final 3?? after all, Lucas has always been ahead of his time when it comes to technology...

JMK
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:32:47 PM
wouldnt it be just unreal if Lucas was able to digitally recreate the main characters from the OT that would star in the final 3?? I think that would be a really bad idea. Nevermind the controversy it would stir up. I just think that humans MUST be the focal point of the movies. Too many nuances would get lost on the computer IMO.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:49:43 AM
Lucas is against this anyway he has said he would never do humans as CGI.

JMK
Feb 12th, 2003, 08:40:15 AM
In a way he already has. Some shots of Anakin, Obi Wan etc were actually digital doubles of them. Kind of like stunt doubles, but I agree, he would never use them to do full on acting.

CMJ
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:34:11 AM
He said as much in an interview I saw this past summer.

Drake Lonerunner
Feb 14th, 2003, 08:02:03 AM
I herd that spielberg wanted to do 7,8,9 but Lucas turned him down.

Drake Lonerunner
Apr 18th, 2003, 07:26:59 AM
But doesnt Leia become a Jedi??? Luke trains her and her kids and also one of the kids becomes a dark Jedi. And also 7-9 have nothing to do with Luke and leia; its all based on different characters (But the decendants of Luke and his new reign of Jedi). The adventures that Luke and Mara Jade and all the rest are in between 6 and 7.

And there won't be a 7,8,9 because Lucas doens't want to do it, Speilberg ask for it but Lucas is a hard headed fool and wants Star Wars to end with him and with him only (and i don't really blame the guy).

Telan Desaria
Apr 28th, 2003, 06:29:38 PM
I propose we write a petition

:::Let Sir Stephen Do it!!!:::

JMK
Apr 28th, 2003, 08:04:03 PM
I agree that there shouldn't be anymore. The story is a classic, and Lucas put a ton of time conceiving a classic story. There is no 3rd trilogy written and any attempt at such would seem like a cash grab of the highest order. Even if Lucas got all of the classic characters back any story he could come up with now would be hollow IMO.

Telan Desaria
Apr 29th, 2003, 02:29:35 PM
It could be considered the Thrawn trilogy, as it personifies the struggle best and encompasses all SW aspects-the Force, the Empire, the Rebellion/Republic, et al.

Kack Mebuff
Apr 29th, 2003, 05:18:19 PM
Originally posted by JMK
In a way he already has. Some shots of Anakin, Obi Wan etc were actually digital doubles of them. Kind of like stunt doubles, but I agree, he would never use them to do full on acting.

Yeah, and one of the scenes with Jango he's definitely a CGI ... (in the droid factory on Geonosis ...)