PDA

View Full Version : How about my Blazers now?! That's what I thought!!!

JonathanLB
Dec 28th, 2002, 11:54:57 PM
7 wins in a row, hottest team in the entire NBA, most wins in the last 10 games. The Blazers are HOT. H-O-T.

I was at Friday night's game versus Utah and we blew them away in the 3rd quarter, but they came back in the 4th and the Blazers really had to gut it out at the end to win, but we didn't even have Bonzi Wells, the leading scorer recently.

TONIGHT in Sacramento, where only ONE team has won all year, the Blazers stole a win in overtime!

GO BLAZERS!

Say what you will about them, but they have some quality players who can really beat anyone when they are not messing around and exploding on each other. :)

Dae Jinn
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:06:32 AM
Who are the blazers? trailblazers? O_o *has no clue* you people are weird :lol

JonathanLB
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:14:49 AM
Ha ha. Funny.

How about this, I love this article:

"SACRAMENTO, California (Ticker) -- The Portland Trail Blazers continued their surprising resurgence with the first win at Arco Arena in nearly three years."

and:

"Portland has overcome several early controversies to emerge as one of the best teams in the Western Conference. The Blazers have won 10 of their last 12 games and were not slowed by a visit to Arco Arena..."

Dae Jinn
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:28:03 AM
:mneh

sorry, i don't see the greatness of sports, and I honestly wasn't sure which Blazers you were refering to.

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:44:27 AM
Play sometime, and maybe you'll find out.

JonathanLB
Dec 29th, 2002, 01:59:58 AM
Yeah seriously. Do not diss sports, that's like making fun of ALL of movies. I am sorry, but nobody intelligent would criticize sports. It's a great way to pass time, it's great fun to watch many sports so that you can see the achievements of other people as they struggle in competition, and it's a great communal gathering too. I've spent a lot of time with my dad watching football and basketball, some golf, and my friends and I watch sports, too.

I've never heard of anyone putting down sports as a whole, but wow, I guess it would take a girl to say something like that. Figures.

jjwr
Dec 29th, 2002, 07:35:12 AM
" I guess it would take a girl to say something like that. Figures."

Cough SEXIST Cough

Blazers do this every year, odds are with the watered down playoff pool they'll sneak in and get bounced in the first round.

JonathanLB
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:52:16 AM
True. They'll be first round casualties as always. If they made it to the second round I would be incredibly amazed.

I'm not sexist, I just think women's sports are a damn joke and I don't think many women know what anything about sports, don't appreciate them, and are basically clueless about them. NOT ALL girls, that's why some are really awesome, because they DO take the time to appreciate sports :)

My mom is like that too, she couldn't tell the Denver Broncos from the Sacramento Kings. She couldn't pick John Elway out of a two person crowd! We love her anyway though ;) haha

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 29th, 2002, 09:55:22 AM
Dallas is still the best team, IMO. The East is the big question mark, I like the Pacers right now, they have a very good team.

JMK
Dec 29th, 2002, 11:25:01 AM
but we didn't even have Bonzi Wells, the leading scorer recently.
No wonder! You were without the head inmate! :lol

Jedieb
Dec 29th, 2002, 11:41:05 AM
The Jailblazers will flame out in the playoffs. They'll also lose early on. But at least they'll be so stoned they won't have a clear idea of what's happened to them. ;)

JMK
Dec 29th, 2002, 11:59:12 AM
Even money that Wallace, Wells & Stoudamire are in solitary before the playoffs even get here. :p

Better than even that Ruben Patterson ends up dead before the playoffs.

jjwr
Dec 29th, 2002, 01:43:44 PM
Kinda sad really, I know tons of guys who know absolutely nothing about sports. Another funny thing, guarantee there are thousands(or even millions!) of women out there who know more about sports then us. Think any of us know more about basketball then the Pat Summitt? Highly Doubt it.

Too many Ego's in Portland. They've got a lot of skill so they'll win a number of games but it'll all implode given time.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 29th, 2002, 03:45:10 PM
Too many ego's in Portland? I live here, and I tend to agree. ;)

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 29th, 2002, 03:49:51 PM
I just can't be bothered by pro sports. NFL sometimes...but its only a passing interest in how the Steelers are doing.

Jedieb
Dec 29th, 2002, 04:13:31 PM
They're in the playoffs in case you were wondering. Congrats.

JonathanLB
Dec 29th, 2002, 04:41:42 PM
"No wonder! You were without the head inmate!"

That's right! He was in solitary confinement for throwing food at another inmate and had to miss a few games.

You know they moved the courthouse in Portland right into the Rose Garden -- they figured it would just save time for everyone involved. The Jail Blazers team jet is called "Con Air," inspired by the 1997 film. True story. :)

"But at least they'll be so stoned they won't have a clear idea of what's happened to them."

This is true. It's all good when you're stoned out of your mind. It's ALLLLL good. ;)

I agree, Carr, Dallas is by far the best team. I personally love watching Dallas and I am rooting for them to go all the way. They're fun to watch.