PDA

View Full Version : An ordinary world?

Agden Ithrin
Dec 27th, 2002, 08:22:41 AM
Heavy boots connected with the recruitment floor as the doors eased themselves closed with a hiss. A figure nearing on just over one and a half metres in height stood dressed in black, ivory eyes scanning the room for some presence, aside from his own. He was not adept in the Force, but knew from experience that Jedi had a way of hiding themselves when they chose not to be noticed. Deciding against standing alone for a possibly infinite amount of time, he spoke aloud his thoughts.

“I’ve come to learn the Jedi arts.”

The Zabrak’s voice was resonate, holding an air of superiority and yet somehow managing to sound nervous at the same time.

Xazor Elessar
Dec 29th, 2002, 11:25:09 AM
"You have, have you?"

A soft voice rang out with an underlying sense of power. Suddenly from behind a large stone pillar, a figure clad in white flowing robes stepped out and allowed the light to bathe her. Her waist length blond hair was done up in Garou Warrior Braids with silver coins woven into them. Smiling and exposing her elongated canines, she walked forth; the coins in her hair clanging together with each step until she stopped a meter from the newcomer. Ever so gracefully she bowed and then rose to her height of five foot six inches tall.

"I am Warrior Jedi Knight, Xazor Dawnstrider. Greetings..."

She said gently, allowing her silver speckled cyan eyes to rest gently upon his. The Garou woman seemed to glow from the inside out and radiated this light from every cell of her skin. It was the Force flowing through her body that brought forth this manifestation, but nonetheless, it was something caught by the eye. Continuing to smile, she folded her hands behind her back and awaited him to speak.

Agden Ithrin
Dec 30th, 2002, 02:49:15 PM
This was not the image his mind had produced of the Jedi. In his visions of them he had seen clandestine monks, stone-faced and trapped with some form of martial armour and blade at hand. It was a little unsettling at first, as where he came from the female Zabrak were not expected to live up to anywhere near as much as their male counterparts. None the less, Agden took in all that was before him. He had learnt, the hard way, not to take for granted what he saw in his life, and thus studied everything with great care.

With a bow to match the Knight’s, the Zabrak spoke, “Greetings to you also, Jedi Knight Xazor Dawnstrider. I am Agden Ithrin of Iridonia.”

Though he was not yet a Jedi, his attire was much like what he assumed the peacekeepers would wear. A set of dark robes reminiscent of past warriors, with a sturdy belt and boots.

“… How do I become a Jedi?” Not one to waist time, he pushed straight to the main point.

Xazor Elessar
Dec 31st, 2002, 01:07:53 PM
Xazor smiled gently and eyed the strange man. He was from a place she had heard of, but had never been. Indeed, he was...unique, to say the least.

"To become a Jedi, all you need to do is ask, and you have. You must realize the responsibility of being a Jedi. The Jedi Code is not easily broken once you accept the Oath of the Jedi. It is a very difficult life to live and you will be hated...hunted by many, yet needed and sought after by all. Is this really what you want for your life? Very few make it...but those forchosen by the Force do. I have a feeling about you, though...."

She said softly, her eyes glowing with curiousity as she waited for his answer.

Agden Ithrin
Dec 31st, 2002, 03:37:08 PM
I have nothing else to live for, was the thought that meandered to and fro in Agden’s mind. Whatever ‘code’ he was needed to live by he could do so; he trusted that it would be honourable and uphold the Jedi’s cause completely.

“I understand.”

For a moment the Zabrak wondered whether he would need to explain his motives for joining, and in turn the illness which he carried, but he thought that if this was necessary then ‘Xazor’ would ask him about it.

“… Does this mean I’m a Jedi, now?”

Xazor Elessar
Dec 31st, 2002, 03:40:59 PM
Xazor shook her head and she sighed to herself.

"I still need to ask you some things....then we'll see."

She flashed him a smiled before her thoughts were interrupted by his own. It was odd, they were thinking along the same lines at the moment.

"Why do you seek to join the Jedi, though? Everyone has a reason....and you must as well. Please, tell me."

She said softly, wondering what his story was. Eveyrone's was different, unique to them....surly his would be too.

Agden Ithrin
Dec 31st, 2002, 04:19:24 PM
Well, there is was, just as he had expected.

“… I don’t have much of my life left ahead of me. I’d like to use it constructively, and I can’t think of a more beneficial way to use it than to help people, as a Jedi.”

Agden lowered his head slightly, clearing his throat.

“I have a disease which will cause my nervous system to eventually break down completely, no doubt paralysing me… It will happen bit by bit of course, taking away my senses,” he said.

“I’ve heard the Jedi can give the blind the power to see.”

Without a doubt his last statement was self explanatory.

Xazor Elessar
Dec 31st, 2002, 06:29:01 PM
Xazor lowered her head as the man spoke. Her heart nearly stopped at his words. He was dying, yet wanted to give the rest of his life to the cause of the Jedi? That was incredible, and indeed, she felt moved.

"This is a big committment you're making....but it seems to me that you really want this."

She paused and thought over his last statement. Yes, the Jedi did give the blind the power to see, but not with their eyes in most cases. She knew a very powerful Jedi Master who was blind at the moment....all he needed was the Force and he could 'see' through his mind. She sighed inwardly, not wishing to give him false hope...but not wishing to disappoint him either.

"Perhaps we can do this for you as well. I welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order. If you would like....I will train you. You seem like a man who is willing to work hard for this. If you don't mind my stressful hours, I will help you."

Her words were a bit shaky as she spoke them...and perhaps this was a bit much of a committment on her part, but somehow...she felt called.

Agden Ithrin
Jan 1st, 2003, 01:06:29 PM
The Zabrak lowered his head, as a mark of thanks for the welcome into the Order. Though he did not feel like one, he was now a Jedi, and by the looks of it about to gain a tutor.

“Stress and hard work are not a problem. If you will have me, then I will be an entirely dedicated student.”

He gave a very slight smile, then continued.

“I understand that I may not be able to gain my sight, or hearing, or whatever I may loose, back through the Force, of course. All I would ask is that you treat me like any other student.”

Xazor Elessar
Jan 1st, 2003, 04:17:09 PM
Xazor bowed in respect to her new student and listened as he spoke. He was strong willed and had a good heart. She smiled gently and nodded.

"And you are like any other student here.....but you are my student, and you shall become a Jedi Knight....I have faith in you. Now....."

She shifted her weight slightly and eyed him with a curious grin.

"Would you like to join me for something to eat and drink at the Bar and Grill, perhaps? They have wonderful food and service there."

ooc: I'll start a new thread in the Bar and Grill so we can get to know one another IC. :)

Agden Ithrin
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:42:36 AM
A Jedi Knight? This was promising. Agden allowed a small smile.

“Certainly… Master.”