PDA

View Full Version : Somebody hacked into my account.

Soraya Taveres
Dec 27th, 2002, 06:12:21 AM
Namely, my Taja Loraan account. I thought it was strange when I checked Who's Online and both that name and Torriana Marx showed up, because I was using only the Torri account at the time. The Taja Loraan action thing showed up to be "Registering...", but I dismissed it then due to the reasons given in the recent thread started by Ceres. Then I received this email:

Dear Salomart Deltora,

Thank you for registering for the SWFans.Net Forums forums. Before we can
activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration!

Please note - you must complete this last step to become a registered member.
You will only need to click on the link once, and your account will be updated.

To complete your registration, click on the link below:
http://sw-fans.net/forum/register.php?a=act&u=2711&i=35241006

Etc. Etc.

I was not on my Taja Loraan account at that time, nor did I register that name. So... anybody care to tell me that I'm seeing things..?

Zatania Duvall
Dec 27th, 2002, 08:23:11 AM
o.O Weird, I didn't recieve an email like that, so I dun know what to tell you.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:29:36 AM
Me - No clue... I'll make sure to leave a post so the admins will see this immediately.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:04:06 PM
See post #5 in this <a href=showthread.php?s=&threadid=25918>thread</a> for an explanation as to why you saw two of your names online at once.

If you are still concerned someone broke into your account, change the PW to something new, and don;t mae it an easy one to guess.

As for the account you mentioned not being registered by you. All my data says you did register it since the active Ip when it was registered is the same as yours as is the email address. The birthdate is the one puzzling thing which matches no one on the boards.

imported_Taja Loraan
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:21:18 PM
The two-name-online thing I understand. The account I don't.. I'm certain that I didn't register it, because I.. I'm pretty sure I'd remember something like that. o.o;

So confusing. :cry

TheHolo.Net
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:28:34 PM
Just ignore the confirmation email and let the account go unactivated, eventually I'll delete it when doing maintenance. :)

imported_Taja Loraan
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:32:08 PM
No worries, and thanks much. :) I was just confuzzled as to why anybody would register a name from my account and send it to my email addy. Huh. :huh

Anyway, thanks again.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:35:37 PM
You are welcome.