PDA

View Full Version : Sweet revenge, through a little white lie... or two (Anthony and open)

Zatania Duvall
Dec 26th, 2002, 11:46:37 PM
Some girls are crazy
Just listen to what I have to say about it
You've gotta watch out for the beautiful ones
They'll twist your head right off your neck
And laugh about it with their friends
That's just one night for them
They target you with their eyes
And move with their lips
And it pulls you in
She shuts you down with her voice again
And now are you listening?
This song goes out to girls
That we haven't met just yet
This song is for stupid girls
Who think that every boy is all about them
These girls are crazy...
Just listen to what I have to say about it
You've gotta watch out for the younger ones
They'll tightly wrap you around their fingers
And brag to all their friends
It's nothing but a game to them
Then target you with their eyes
And move with their lips
And it pulls you in
She shuts you down with her voice again
And now are you listening?
This song goes out to girls
That we haven't met yet
This song is for stupid girls
Who think that every boy is all about them
You think you're on top of the world
When all the eyes are on you
Just wait until your heart breaks
And you'll know how I felt when I wrote....

The day was bright, as usual, and there was yet another lead for Zatania to follow towards the path of her past. Ever since she had encountered Judas, she kept remembering small things; places, people, sounds and sights. But apparently, this was still not enough to shed any light on who she had been before she stowed away in Ceres' body.

Most of her "memories", if you could call them that, originated around the same planet that Ceres had once lived on. Coruscant, and it was always bustling with simpletons and dirt ridden rat faced people. The place disgusted her now, but only a mere few months ago she had felt very comfortable here. Maybe that was because both Ceres and Zatania shared the same thoughts, the same body, and probably even the same instincts.

Since their last encounter, she hadn't given much thought to the girl. She was more concerned about her training and finding out more about herself. If she chased after the girl now, surely someone would be protecting her by now. In her current state, she wasn't ready for a fight against who she knew might be protecting the girl. Jedi Knights, or even masters. She couldn't chance that.

But from time to time, Zatania wanted to find Ceres, and wring her neck until her head popped off. She still didn't know why exactly, except for the fact that Ceres would be able to take back her original body someday, in about ten years.

She brought herself out from her thoughtful daze, suddenly feeling the tug of hunger at her belly. Her search had left her so busy all day that she had forgotten to eat.

"Well, now's a better time than ever, or else I'll forget again." Zatania whispered to herself.

She had stopped dead in her tracks while talking to herself, her eyes scanning the area for a good place to eat. If she picked the right place, maybe she'd be able to get a little information; or if she had once been to this planet centuries ago, she could recognize something hopefully.

Zatania finally caught sight of a sign reading "Kerrigan's", seemingly the only resturant that she could see that was close enough. Good enough. She began to push through the crowd, making sure to keep a good eye on all of her belongings since these people weren't exactly.. civilized to her standards.

Finally, she made her way inside and was greeted by a waiter, who immediatly asked for her name. It looked like there was a short list of people waiting for seats.

"Zatania Duvall." She replied, folding her arms across her chest.

Anthony Scott
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:09:24 AM
A cold wind blew outside of the small restaurant and when the door opened, that wind blew inside, carrying with it a man. He came to stand behind a woman, waiting to be seated. His hand instinctivly ran through his shoulder length brown hair before he pushed the wrinkles from his white t-shirt which was tucked into his brown leather pants. Folding his muscular arms over his chest, he kept silent until the woman before him spoke her name. Zatania Duvall -- Duvall -- Ceres?, he thought to himself before she passed to be seated and it was his turn to give his name.

"Anthony Scott -- and by chance might I be seated near the woman who was standing here before me?"

The waiter nodded and led Anthony to a table right across from Zatania's. Once he left, the Jedi Padawan fixed his brown eyes upon her face, the one who claimed the last name of Duvall. This was curious to him -- Ceres never mentioned having a sister or anyone of close relation. Perhaps she too felt uncomfortable with sharing parts of her story as did Anthony -- but this was still strange. After catching himself staring into a daze of nothingness, the man sighed and pushed his chair out, then rose to his feet. A few steps forward led him to the side of Zatania's table, where he bowed his head and smiled.

"Duvall -- I know someone with that last name. I'm Anthony Scott, may I sit?"

Zatania Duvall
Dec 27th, 2002, 12:45:13 PM
Zatania had followed the waiter to her table, glad that it didn't take too long to get a seat. But her attention was not on what the waiter was saying to her, obviously today's specials. She was still analyzing every dream she had had that she could label as a memory. The more she thought about it, she couldn't really call them memories since they were so unclear. They could have been something that she mentally concluded as a part of her past.

When she sat down, the waiter handed her a menu then scurried off to help seat some more customers. She looked through the menu, not noticed the waiter bring the man to the table right across from her own. He had been staring at her for a while, which was hard not to notice, but she kept to herself still. At least he wasn't trying to flirt openly.

But then he got up and walked towards her table. She gaze up out of the corners of her eyes, sighing inwardly as her sight caught sight of his path towards her. He smiled and began to talk casually, like it was nothing.

"Duvall -- I know someone with that last name. I'm Anthony Scott, may I sit?"

She looked up, about to say something sarcastic like she'd usually do, but caught herself and smiled. The only other Duvall she knew of was the only real one that could claim the name anymore. Ceres was the last surviving member of her family after all. Zatania merely borrowed the name until she could remember her real last name, which would probably take a while.

"Please, right right ahead." She said, using a politeness that Ceres was known for.

If this guy knew Ceres, then maybe she could learn more about the little tramp. Or even be a little underhanded and spread a few rumors. It would quench her need for revenge... for now.

"The only other Duvall I know is my cousin. She and I are the only living relatives in our family." Zatania said, still polite.

Her voice didn't carry the air that a lie would. Villians are so good at lying, but women can be down right cruel at it.

Anthony Scott
Dec 27th, 2002, 02:59:09 PM
Anthony continued smiling and took a seat, acknowledging to the waiter with a nod. Turning to face Zatania, he listened intently to what she had to say.

"Ah, cousins. Ceres has never mentioned any family to me, but then again, I never asked either."

The man laughed to himself and glanced down at his menu for a moment before quickly deciding what to eat. Of course he had been here before -- he had been many places but few people knew about it. He liked to lay low and keep the fact that he was in line to be a King, to himself.

"It's nice to meet you -- I'm sorry, I missed your name."

He said with a gentleness in his voice that was strange for a man, perhaps, but Anthony was not an agressive person -- even for royalty, perhaps he was considered weak but secretly he was full of strength but of a different sort. Extending his hand to Zatania, he continued smiling genuinly.

Zatania Duvall
Dec 28th, 2002, 03:57:04 PM
"It's Zatania."

She reached out and took his hand, keeping a goofy smile on so that she wouldn't be urged to say something sarcastic.

"And Ceres doesn't like to talk about her family. In fact, I don't think she is very fond of me... After all, both her parents and mine died trying to save me."

Zatania sighed dramaticly, shaking her head with a very saddened look on her face. "I haven't seen my dear cousin in years. I hope she still doesn't blame me. It wasn't my fault, I was only a child."