PDA

View Full Version : Taylor's Sam Adams (and general beer) Review Thread

Taylor Millard
Dec 26th, 2002, 02:48:02 PM
Okay, first off...21 and up only please (Unless you're in Europe :D)

Okay I love this beer, in almost every incarnation. So...I figured I'd do my own little thread (since Charley did one last year).

Sam Adams (in any order):

1) Boston Lager- Their general beer. Goes well down the throat. Fairly smooth...goes well with anything. Especially A. Fuente Cigars. A-

2) Boston Ale- The only Sam Adams I don't like and I can't figure out why. Yet. C

3) Cherry Wheat- First beer I ever had. The cherry flavor is mixed excellently with the wheat. Tastes great...goes well with an Ashton VSG Cigar. A

4) Pale Ale- Bitter and that's a good thing. Something for the spring time. B+

5) Golden Pilsner- I'll say this...it's Golden. And it tastes great too. Smooth...goes well with soup. A-

6) Summer Ale- Sweetest of them all. Great for the summer time (hence why it comes out in the summer). Works well with fish, I believe. A

7) Winter Lager- A bit of cinemon, a bit of spices, great for cold evenings. A-

8) Cream Stout- If you want to get drunk fast...go with this beer. It's got a taste of chocolate in it (you can really taste the chocolate) and it's a very filling beer. Have a smoother cigar with this one. B+

9) Octoberfest- A fall beer most definately. Not too bad, not great either. (undecided)

10) Cranberry Ale- Definately for Christmas time. Smooth...cranberry-ish. And good. A

Non-Sam Adams Beer:

1) Boddington's- A sipping beer for certain. If you don't sip it...don't blame me. A

2) Kirin Ichiban- A definate for sushi lovers to have when eating sushi (dur). B

3) Foggy Bottom Ale (available only in Washington DC)- It's good. It gets you drunk. And it's cheap...need I say more? ;) B

I shall add more once I dig into my Sam Adams Holiday Pack I got today. I look forward to Cranberry Ale and Fezziwig's Ale. :D

Sanis Prent
Dec 26th, 2002, 02:57:58 PM
Shall I move this to my beer thread?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 26th, 2002, 11:38:20 PM
Taylor said ok :)

and in case you're wondering, yes I;ve taken control of his computer ^_^

Estelle Russard
Dec 27th, 2002, 12:20:43 AM
Its all apart of the bigger plot..