PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a spar? I think I'm getting rusty.

Dios Kane
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:29:51 AM
:: I sat back, idly swinging the hilt of my saber. The orange beam wasn't activated right now because I figured it easy enough just to imagine a blade when I was fighting against an imaginary foe. The training door was open and I was hoping someone would walk by eventually and see a lonely Dios in here.::

Jakob Burton
Dec 26th, 2002, 03:24:43 PM
Jake, in an attempt to find himself, walked the halls of GJO alone. The questions in his mind arose like kudzu, creeping upward to steal the light from a tree and to choke it. How did he do those things with Xazor? Where in the galaxy did those strange markings come from? And why did he do them? And why couldn't he shift? The questions were beginning to overwhelm him, and he couldn't do a thing about it. So he cleared his thoughts and just walked, taking deep breaths to calm himself. As he walked past an open door, he saw movement out of the corner of his eye and could hear the sound of swiping. He turned his head and saw Dios swinging an unignited lightsaber hilt. He took a few steps towards the door and entered the room. Watching Dios' measured swipes and parries with an invisible opponent, Jake nodded his head.

"You're good.... Hey, you mind if we spar a little? I need to get some things out of my mind, and practice a little, so what better way to kill two birds with one stone?"

Dios Kane
Jan 1st, 2003, 03:16:56 PM
:: I looked at my hand and then viewed the saber hilt in the palm and then looked at the guy standing infront of me. I was okay I guessed but if he said so... I smiled and nodded.::

Sounds good to me, Dios Kane, Drinking Angel, I don't think I've met you before.

Jakob Burton
Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:56:35 PM
"You probably haven't. I'm not big in the social circles.... The name's Jakob Burton, but everyone calls me Jake."

Jake grinned.

"So, you wanna spar a little?"

Dios Kane
Jan 8th, 2003, 04:57:25 PM
:: A hand flicked my hair as I looked at him with a smile.::

Yeah, me neither. Alright Jake, but I really need to be the one asking you. Are you up for a real spar?

:: I winked at the padawan before my lightsaber inited and orange light spewed across the area. My gracefully built handle warmed to the touch as it equalized the energy use. I rotated my wrist and it slowly revolved across my hand and back int my grasp.::

This will not be a lesson on how to fight, but a lesson on dancing my friend. Swords dance you know? Like swans...

:: I snorted and laughed.::

Excuse me, remembering things. Let's get on with it.

Jakob Burton
Jan 8th, 2003, 09:55:43 PM
Jake snickered at Dios.....this would be fun.....Jake wasn't as bad at using sabers than Dios or anyone thought. It seemed as if he wasn't using any sabers at all, but he was positive that Dios knew otherwise...... he took an open stance, waiting for Dios. He took his open hand and motioned for Dios to bring it.

"Come. I'll show you a few tricks...."