PDA

View Full Version : What the crap is Galdalf saying!?

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:23:35 PM
In Fellowship of the Ring, when Galdalf is holding on to the edge and can't pull himself up, what does he say right before he falls?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:29:23 PM
he's prolly yelling at you cause you misspelled his name :p

Sean Piett
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:33:20 PM
'Fly, you fools!'

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:38:48 PM
LMAO Sil'!

Fly, you fools... what the crap is that supposed to mean!?

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:42:27 PM
Yep, Fly you Fools!

I actually didn't know what it was until I read the books :) well, book ... I am starting the Two Towers now

and that 'crap' means run and get out before you all die.

ReaperFett
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:45:00 PM
run you fools, basically.

Watching it right now. It is amazing just how many times Boromir is made to look bad. I mean jeez, he was saved twice just in the Dwarf hold! :)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:51:12 PM
I actually liked Boromir. I just got the Fellowship Extented Version (extremely awesome!) and it has alot more Boromir scenes. Makes him look a tad better, except when he reaches for the Ring at the Council of Eldron.

Sean Piett
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:52:48 PM
Poor Boromir didn't even get a present from Galadriel in the extended version. They treated him like crap!

And then they all laughed at him when the hobbits attacked him. Poor guy.

ReaperFett
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:57:57 PM
Boromir was the one I liked the most. From his fighting style to his humour ("They have a cave troll" always makes me laugh due to the way he says it). And yet most fans and critics completely missed him.

And as an aside, my order for favourite characters of the nine (Im bored:)):

1 - Boromir
2 - Gimli
3 - Gandalf
4/5/6 - The non Frodo Hobbits
7 - Aragorn
8 - Frodo
9/a lot - blank
bottom - Legolas

Sean Piett
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:02:41 PM
Legolas at the bottom? Though some people hate him, I sometimes wonder if you go against the grain just for the sake of going against the grain.

ReaperFett
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:05:13 PM
I have a strong dislike of Elves. And Legolas is afight ruiner for me :)

One thing that always bugs me. Agent Elf is talking to Gandalf, harping on about how weak humans are, and how it's humans fault that the ring is still around. SO then, why didnt he kill the King, and do it himself? I mean jeez, talk about picky :)

Sanis Prent
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:12:34 PM
I thought it was "farther, you fools."

As far as favorite LotR characters. Its Gandalf and Saruman head and shoulders above the others, with Boromir, Samwise, and Gimli fighting for table scraps. The rest...meh. I don't like prissy elves at all, and I haven't really seen the big deal with Aragorn so far. I appreciated Boromir because his character is somewhat complex, compared to the others.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:16:35 PM
I have a love of Elves, but even for me.. Legolas is just there, just like in the books.

Favorite elf would be Galandriel :) Creepy she is o_O And speaking of her... in the book FOTR ... did I read right that she is the Mother of Arwen?

But Fetty .. I must agree Boromir is a wonderful character. Captures all the faults and goodness that is humanity :) (And yeah, why didn't the Elf King beat down the King and destroy the Ring? Makes sense in our -human- way of thinking :lol)

Gandalf is a close second.

ReaperFett
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:19:01 PM
Also, I must say, I cant see how anyone could kill Hobbits, given their powers throwing things. At the end., two of them are taking down armoured Orcs just be lobbing small rocks. THat's one HECK of a throw :)

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:19:48 PM
They must've watch Return of the Jedi :p

imported_Grev Drasen
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:20:57 PM
My list is pretty much in consent with Sanis', except for maybe Samwise. All of the hobbits hold my disliking. It probably goes: Boromir, Gimli, Saruman, then Gandalf.

Haven't seen Two Towers yet.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:24:39 PM
...Agent Elf...

:lol

Sanis Prent
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:24:40 PM
I can't dislike Rudy. Not in my programming.

ReaperFett
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:26:20 PM
They must've watch Return of the Jedi
Yub Yub :)

Zasz Grimm
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:33:32 PM
I would have to say Boromir is at the top of my list also. Then probably Arwen. Why? Cause I like her. Even though she was BARELY mentioned in the books, I just like her. (The fact that Liv Tyler plays her and she is extremely hot doesn't have a play in it at all...:D ) Gandalf, then Saruman, Aragorn, then Legolas, then Frodo.

Just the way it is.

Taylor Millard
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:35:37 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Also, I must say, I cant see how anyone could kill Hobbits, given their powers throwing things. At the end., two of them are taking down armoured Orcs just be lobbing small rocks. THat's one HECK of a throw :)

Oh hey Fett, I heard over the news wires about rumors that both Merry and Pippin were contacted by the Texas Rangers and the New York Yankees to see if they were interested in signing contracts.

Apparently both teams need pitching. ;)

Sanis Prent
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:37:33 PM
I'd say Atlanta needs Hobbits far worse :lol

Zasz Grimm
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:38:03 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol !!!

Figrin D'an
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:44:46 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
Favorite elf would be Galandriel :) Creepy she is o_O And speaking of her... in the book FOTR ... did I read right that she is the Mother of Arwen?

Galadriel is Arwen's maternal grandmother. The daughter of Celeborn and Galadriel, Celebrian, wed Elrond and had three children, the youngest of which was Arwen.

And, yes, Gandalf's words as he falls into the abyss are "Fly, you fools!" Bascially all of Gandalf's monologue in the confrontation with the Balrog was pulled verbatim from the text, including his final words.

Admiral Lebron
Dec 25th, 2002, 11:52:32 PM
YUB YUB!!

Anyways, I like all the characters fairly equal. They all rock in their own way.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 26th, 2002, 12:40:36 AM
Mind melted. Tolkein fanboy in brain overload.

AIE!

ARAGORN RULES ALL!

Loki Ahmrah
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:02:45 AM
I remember taking some friends back to the theatre for a third viewing of Fellowship for the sake of proving that Gandalf says: "Fly, you fools!"

They insisted it was "Run, you fools!" but once again this Tolkien fan-boy comes out on top. However I always believed that in Moria, Gimli says, "Let them come, for there is one dwarf left in Moria who still draws blood" and "No-one touches a dwarf." Silly me. :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:11:40 AM
It sounds like 'Run' not 'Fly' to me o_O

ReaperFett
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:33:29 AM
Means the same thing :)

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:34:33 AM
Here goes my list for Fellowship of the Ring;

1)- Aragorn/ I like his humbleness despite his lineage, how he treats Frodo, and how he slices and dices with that sword of his.

2)- Boromir/ Different than the others. He is made into sort of a jerk when the power of the one ring gets to him, but underneath he is a very caring guy, has shown when he defended Merry and Pippen to his death.

3)- Legolas/ Not has much the bow has I like those dagger things he has. Liked his character too, but he was alot better in the Two Towers.

4) Gimli/ Dwark cracks me up. He's vicious with that axe and not exactly a handsome fellow, but his attitude plus his size makes a very hilarious character.

5)- Gandalf/ The old man is extremely kind and warm-hearted, but go all out with that staff AND sword of his. Quite the warrior I'd say.

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 26th, 2002, 10:33:24 AM
Thank you Fig-man! I was at least close :)

Ro McCloud
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:39:06 PM
I hate Boromir for one reason only......

HIS FACE LOOKS LIKE A FRIGGIN' BOX!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

But I like Merry and Pippin over all of the characters, and Gandalf does say "Fly, you fools." cos he's telling them to run away.

"Let them come, for there is one dwarf left in Moria who still draws blood"
And I thought Gimli did say that in the movie....*scratches head*

Iago Kent
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:41:21 PM
Hey...I do not have a box head :p

Ro McCloud
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:50:07 PM
*slaps Iggy*

BOXXXXXXXXXXXXXX HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!

*slaps Iggy some-more*

Box!Box!Box!Box!Box!Box!Box!Box!Box!Box!Box!Box!Bo x!

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2002, 03:54:55 PM
Aragon
Gandalf
Legolas
Gimli
Baromir
Frodo
Gimli
Sam
Merry/Pippen

That's how I rank 'em

H. A. Ferenczy
Dec 27th, 2002, 04:22:45 PM
I'm not really sure who my favorites are on LOTR.....they all have a trait that I like....

Aragorn: rangers rock, kick-@$$ weapons, cool background, and good background.

Gimli: always has a typical dwarven comeback or something dwarven to say, thought him tryin' to destroy the Ring was hysterical.

Samwise: let's face it, if you can fight a horde of orcs with a frying pan, and a sword, your a bad-@$$, no if's ands or buts about it.

Legolas: thought the thing he did in the last fight on LOTR was cool(arrow stab and shot a thing within five feet of him), he has cool lookin blades, and anyone who can place an arrow in an Orc's forehead from that far away is just durn good with the bow.

Frodo: relative of Bilbo, got majorly injured and still survived, and is a brave little guy. Need I say more?

Merry and Pippin: I count them together because usually where one is so is the other, and they whooped up on Boromir that was hysterical.

Gandalf: just a powerful man in general. He coulda beat Saruman's @$$ on a good day.... and he can blow smoke figures and stuff like no one's buisness.

Boromir: I admire him for realizing and trying to fix his wrong. And a man who can take that many arrows and still kill while dying himself is just a durn good fighter with a lot of soul and spirit.

And Bilbo just rocks... well in the Hobbit he did, but not so much on LOTR.

I agree, Arwen/Liv is hot.....she must've got the looks from her mother though....I don't see Stevie in her at all....maybe the milk man was her dad or somethin'....

I don't like "Agent Elf" Elrond....he's a d@#$head, and whoever made the statement "Why didn't he kill the b@$+@rd and do it himself?" is totally correct....he played the part of Elrond good, but I don't like the Elrond character.....he still kicks @$$ as a Smith....

And the Ringwraiths are cool, in my opinion....although they are wickedly evil(hehheh) they took quite a beatin' and still managed to come back for more....that's admirable for those critters.

That's pretty much it for me, based on what part of the book I've read (20 pages to go) and what of the movie I've seen (original LOTR not Ext. Ver.).

But while they all rock, I'm not sure if they could beat the Six: Drizzt, Gwenhyvar, Bruenor, Wulfgar, Catti-Brie, and Regis......
Those guys just kick @$$ on a wholly different plane.....

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:25:06 PM
*cough* Don't circumvent the swear filter, its there for a reason.

Jamel Croko'yn
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:27:06 PM
Isn't it "Flee you fools"

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:28:22 PM
No, "Fly, you fools" is correct, and taken straight from the books, as was already said.

If you don't believe everyone else, look it up, or watch the movie again. ;)

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:32:06 PM
Originally posted by H. A. Ferenczy
is a brave little guy. Need I say more?

I agree, Arwen/Liv is hot.....she must've got the looks from her mother though....I don't see Stevie in her at all....maybe the milk man was her dad or somethin'....

Liv is adopted......

Jamel Croko'yn
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:33:04 PM
I think "Flee" would be better word, stupid wizards, lol j/k

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:01:02 PM
Would you take Eowyn or Arwen?

I'd take Arwen.

Rognan Dar
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:02:59 PM
Well, depends on how you see it. If you knew what he ment by fly, then it sounds better. But on the other hand, they might not know what the heck he was talking about and then saying it in a way that you understand better would be about the same IMO.

But it almost looked like he could have held on longer, and someone might have been able to pull him up. But I guess J.R.Tolken had a diffrent idea.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:14:39 PM
It's definantly Fly you Fools and in the book, the rest of the bridge collapses just as he loses his grip and falls. Flee you fools.... nah, that just does not work.

BTW, Steve Tyler WAS the "milkman" in the case of Liv. How the hell such a nice looker came out of him, that's a question for science I think.

Rognan Dar
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:38:59 PM

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Dec 28th, 2002, 11:22:35 PM
guys, I already said this, Liv is not Steve's, he adopted her.....

Dae Jinn
Dec 28th, 2002, 11:58:34 PM
dude, they have the same DSL's they must be related ;) :lol

Eowyn or Arwen? No no no.

Aragorn or Legolas? I'd love to have both, but Aragorn beats out the elf anyday ;) Aragorn is like sex on legs :D

Videl
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:02:11 AM
o_O odd mental image from that comment.....hmm.....

Dae Jinn
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:03:49 AM
Which comment? Sex on legs? Picked that up from an article about Trent Reznor actually...:lol

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:05:43 AM
Originally posted by Sorreessa Tarrineezi
guys, I already said this, Liv is not Steve's, he adopted her.....

/Serious reply - Steve Tyler is her father. Her mother is Bunny Beau, a former Playboy bunny. She didnt know till she was 16 I think. Not even sure if Tyler realised he had a daughter either until then

/silly reply - Steve has to be the father. Those lips both of them have just aint normal.

Dae Jinn
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:08:51 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
/Serious reply - Steve Tyler is her father. Her mother is Bunny Beau, a former Playboy bunny. She didnt know till she was 16 I think. Not even sure if Tyler realised he had a daughter either until then

/silly reply - Steve has to be the father. Those lips both of them have just aint normal.

/serious Yeah, that's what I read in a Rolling Stone interview with her, she thought her dad was someone else untill her mum told her.

/silly - cmon, marcus, you love when those lips of hers are speaking elvish ;) Hers aren't as bad as Stevens, those are just nast, :lol

Sean Piett
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:14:31 AM
I hope I never hear the word milkman again.

Videl
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:15:11 AM
oi, I heard it on an interview somewhere with him, Liv is adopted....she's not Steve's, go look it up.....

Dae Jinn
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:33:01 AM
From a Liv Tyler website:

"In 1976 Steven had a love affair with Bebe Buell, a model and a groupie, who gave birth to Liv, in July 1977.

Bebe Buell didn't want Liv to be around an addict father, so she didn't tell Liv who her real father was, and told her that Todd Rundgren was her father instead. Steven didn't know Liv was his daughter either."

Maybe her dad actually "adopted" her once he found out he had a daughter, but they are related by blood.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:35:03 AM
I bet when Liv found out, she thought it was the coolest thing in the world, being Tyler's daughter. Actually, I read an interview where Steve thought having a child so unexpectantly was pretty cool too

Videl
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:36:29 AM
hmm, still not what I heard....I stand by what I said earlier......

Dae Jinn
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:41:26 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
I bet when Liv found out, she thought it was the coolest thing in the world, being Tyler's daughter. Actually, I read an interview where Steve thought having a child so unexpectantly was pretty cool too

I wish my "dad" wasn't my real dad....:rolleyes. It would be cool to have a rock star dad, I guess. Unless you were like, young and never saw him ever :x

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:42:43 AM
How would it be tho, you get fixated on a rock star... and you find out he's your father?

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Dae Jinn
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:47:55 AM
Ew, I don't like any rock stars who are old enough to be my dad, not in that way anyways..........NAST. ew ew ew, you're on a grossiness roll tonight Marcus dear.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:49:26 AM
Your not kidding. I'm in full dirty mind mode tonight :evil

Dae Jinn
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:52:13 AM
too bad this isn't meras :mischief No worries though.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:56:13 AM
Hehehehe

Maybe tomorrow :D

Dae Jinn
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:57:08 AM
lmao. it is tomorrow here....damn, i should be in bed now....oh well, will be tired at work I guess.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 29th, 2002, 12:59:00 AM
And me better get out of here too

Night all :D

Dae Jinn
Dec 29th, 2002, 01:03:22 AM
Night. :waves