PDA

View Full Version : Hey JMK

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 24th, 2002, 05:27:24 PM
Now that Christmas is upon us will your Expos be giving my Red Sox a gift ;) I personally hope for Colon, they need to dump payroll and now that the Yanks have signed that Cuban pitcher the Red Sox are the only team left out there to take him. I say we give you Fossum and a prospect maybe even throw in Hillenbrand, what do you say :) I think that is better than what some of the people on the Red Sox board are proposing they want Vaquez and Vidro for Fossum, Hillenbrand and Sanchez. I don't see the Expos ever giving us that much for those three players.

JMK
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:22:07 AM
Well if I do send some gifts your way, the deal is you MUST take Tatis with whoever we send. Make him a bat boy, I don't care, just take him! :lol

Maybe to help us meet payroll you can send us your young prospect Theo Epstein, I'm sure it wouldn't cost much to have him play 3rd!

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:41:56 PM
LOL. I don't think the Sox will take Tatis, they have said no, and I think the Expos are more desperate to get rid of Salary than the Red Sox are to get Colon and the price should come down to get him, since the Yanks are gone. Here is another possibility how about, Vidro and Colon for Hillenbrand, Fossum, and Sanchez. You would get a good cheap 3b, a good SP who could be a 15 game winner at least and possibly a great 2b, he is the best prospect the sox have, I am not sure if Boston would give up Sanchez because he is that good, but they could if the Expos given them Vidro who is young a very good 2b.

JMK
Dec 26th, 2002, 12:37:42 AM
I would never get rid of Vidro. He's an amazing 2B, as well as one of the best pure contact hitters I've ever seen. The way he puts the bat on the ball so consistently is incredible. So no, you can't have Vidro. Or Guerrero. Sorry. :)

I know that Colon is gone, I just hope that Vasquez and Armas can get back to their 2001 season form.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:13:09 AM
According to the Boston papers the Expos have come down on Colon, I am guessing they took away Tatis. I think you guys will get Fossum for sure, he is a good pitcher and cheap so they can have him for another 2 or 3 years at least. Hey if this keeps up you will have a staff of ex-boston pitchers, Okha, Armas, and then Fossum.

JMK
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:20:40 AM
Well if we're going to have Boston's roster then I guess no series championchips for us either! lol, sorry, I had to do it. :p

It's amazing how no one wants Tatis under any circumstances, he must truly be a cancer to a team.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:24:28 AM
LOL, well you never know ;) About Tatis I think its his contract and the fact he hit .220 last season. I think he must have been a one year wonder that year he hit .300 and 30 HRs, and then St Louis signed him to that big contract, its too bad your Expos got stuck with him, who did they give up to get him anyway?

JMK
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:30:17 AM
A couple pitchers I think. Dustin Hermanson (he was our ace at the time) and Steve Kline, who was a horse. I can't remember if there were any position players involved, but if there were, they were inconsequential to the team we have here now.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:32:49 AM
Well you didn't lose anything in Hermanson I know that from experience, is Kline any good now? If not the only big problem with that trade is Tatis is salary is awful for a guy who can barely hit his weight.

JMK
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:34:53 AM
Kline was great the year we traded him, but I think he was used in so many games that it reduced his effectiveness in the following year. I know that Hermanson was really hurt alot when he was in Boston and St Louis, and he wasn't so good even when he wasn't hurt.