PDA

View Full Version : Boxoffice Mods - My idea for an Oscar competition

ReaperFett
Dec 24th, 2002, 05:15:50 PM
I want your opinion on if this would be good or not :)

Basically, sometime between the nominations and the ceremony (Say, two weeks before), people are invited to pick their expected winner in each category. One with the most, wins :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 24th, 2002, 05:37:45 PM
That sounds cool to me, when CMJ gets back I am sure he will be all for it too. I was also wanting to do one involving the NCAA college Basketball tournament but I am not sure how to do? I could do brackets or pick game by week basis. I think I will ask what people want to do when we get closer to it.

ReaperFett
Dec 24th, 2002, 05:50:45 PM
How do you mean, brackets?

Master Yoghurt
Dec 24th, 2002, 11:31:20 PM
Although I dont like that establishment, I would LOVE such a competition :)

JMK
Dec 25th, 2002, 10:30:01 AM
I think I'm in for that, but it would be nothing more than guessing on my part. :)

Carr, are you talking about March Madness?

ReaperFett
Dec 25th, 2002, 11:52:22 AM
Well, some categories we'd ALL be guessing in, but that's part of the fun :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 25th, 2002, 11:10:55 PM
Yeah March Madness, Brackets well there are 64 teams and the way some people do it is they make a prediction for the whole tournment all 32 games, the problem there is if you get one team wrong your whole bracket is messed up, it is a challenge, but can be fun. The main problem is some people might not play because it is more complicated, we might have to do it the way we are doing the NFL playoffs which will be fine for me.

JMK
Dec 26th, 2002, 12:49:45 AM
I think the Bracket way could get outta hand real quick. The NFL way would be more frantic, as we would HAVE to make sure we make our picks every day, but in the end I think it would be easier to manage.

Sanis Prent
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:33:25 PM
I love NCAA brackets...I'm so in :)

ReaperFett
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:39:40 PM
When you say brackets, you mean sortof a knockout tournament where you know who you'd play if you won, right?

Sanis Prent
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:47:48 PM
well...its a 64 team tourney. You try to predict every game in it.

ReaperFett
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:53:16 PM
Bit random isnt it? :)

JMK
Dec 26th, 2002, 01:59:47 PM
We would only be able to take it one round at a time. If someone screwed up in one bracket, they're done. :\

ReaperFett
Dec 26th, 2002, 02:06:47 PM
Well if you guessed them all right at the start, wouldnt you have to guess who drew who?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2002, 05:57:24 PM
Well they announce them on a Sunday so you would know then. JMK is right if you lose a couple of teams, especially if you have a team advancing deep, you are finished. What we could do is I might add a link to the ESPN page that will be doing this so if anybody would want to give it a try they can. I think the NFL way is better, and as far as getting picks in well you pick the Thursday, Friday games by Thursday at Noon EST, and then the Saturday and Sunday games would have to be done on a daily basis since you wouldn't know who is playing who on Sunday until Friday night.