PDA

View Full Version : The rumour that wont die reappears

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:34:46 PM
Quentin Tarantino is planning to unite two characters from his two biggest films in a spectacular new movie. The director wants to combine Vincent Vega - played by John Travolta - and Vic Vega - Michael Madsen's character in Reservoir Dogs - for a prequel to both films, called The Vega Brothers. A Hollywood source says, "Expect the charm to come from Travolta and the crazy stuff from Madsen. It will follow the pair's exploits around a club they own, set in the late eighties." According to insiders Tarantino - who is working on current project Kill Bill - hopes to finish writing The Vega Brothers early next year, ready for a summer shoot.
I wish he'd just geton with doing it :)

JonathanLB
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:38:18 PM
Nice.

Did you see the Kill Bill trailer? Wow that movie looks so weird I do not know what to think of it.

Tarantino has not done me wrong so far, though, so I always have faith until a director slips up, then I can be more critical :)

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:47:38 PM
Not yet, dont think its actually online yet. Im waiting in big anticipation :)

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:51:57 PM
Tarantino has not done me wrong so far, though, so I always have faith until a director slips up, then I can be more critical

Don't see From Dusk till Dawn then :)

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:57:07 PM
Why? Modern day classic :)

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:00:08 PM
Yeah, on MST3K, perhaps

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:06:06 PM
No no, on planet Earth :)

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:10:28 PM
The Satellite of Love orbits Earth. Close enough.

Admiral Lebron
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:20:04 PM
I have only seen Pulp Fiction and I thouroughly enjoyed it. So hopefully, Kill Bill and Vega Brothers will be just as good.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:04:54 PM
FDtD = two movies mushed into one. Either one would have been good on its own, but they tacked on the vampires and the whole club thing way too late into the movie.

:)

ReaperFett
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:28:04 PM
that's why I love it though. You're sitting there watching classic Tarantino, and them WHUMPF! You're not :)

Taylor Millard
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:36:06 PM
Hopefully he'll make this film. I didn't even know Madsen's Character and Travolta's character were brothers.

I'm up for seeing this film :)

BUFFJEDI
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:44:53 PM
I'd like to know how that <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> made it to the big time. He's got to be the worst, of the worst. Pulp fiction was/is one of the WORST films to ever be made. Dusk till dawn only SLIGHTLY better which ain't saying a whole lot. I guess if you come along at the right time where people will watch anything thrown at them.........:huh

Well I have no doubts that if he can do it , As soon as my Gear gets here so can I >D

JonathanLB
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:21:33 AM
What are you talking about?

Pulp Fiction is one of the greatest movies ever made. It made the AFI's top 100 greatest movies list and is already a classic even though it's less than a decade old. That is remarkable. It has a wonderful soundtrack, awesome actors and actresses, great dialogue, skillful directing, and is one of the most important films in New American Cinema.

Reservoir Dogs is another great film with yet more great dialogue. They're both easily 4 star films, among the best from the 1990's.

I heard From Dusk till Dawn is good, but I'll see it for myself, haven't gotten around to that yet.

Shawn
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:43:32 AM
He's got to be the worst, of the worst. Pulp fiction was/is one of the WORST films to ever be made.Note to Self: Don't take movie reccomendations from Buff. ;)

Just what do you like, Buff?

JMK
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:13:40 AM
Buff likes the Holiday Special. It's got that special goodness...Bea. ;)

JonathanLB
Dec 24th, 2002, 04:27:58 AM
No offense intended Buff....

"Just what do you like, Buff?"

But I must agree with Shawn. I mean, you make fun of The Matrix, Spider-Man, Harry Potter, LOTR, and everything that competes with Star Wars, then you hate Pulp Fiction, haha, what movies do you really like? I'm just wondering :)

Anyway why choose just one great movie franchise like Star Wars when you can have them all? I appreciate The Matrix, I love Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter is fun, not worthy of being spoken in the same breath as any of the other three major sagas, but it's still imaginative and enjoyable mostly (more so for the first film than the second, sadly, thanks to annoying Moaning Mertle and that STUPID Doby bullcrap).

ReaperFett
Dec 24th, 2002, 07:08:23 AM
I didn't even know Madsen's Character and Travolta's character were brothers.
Well........Originally Mr Blonde, "Toothpick" Vic Vega, was to be in Pulp Fiction. Wether he would have had the same story or had a Leone style "He comes back from the death every film" we dont know. But basically, Madsen couldnt do it, so in came VIncent Vega, Travolta.

And Buff just scares me :)