PDA

View Full Version : My RP Idea

Syrius Cline
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:00:54 AM
I had an idea a while ago. I'll admit right off the bat, I got it after watching a Star Trek movie. It was the one where they go to the past and get the whales.

The story is this:

Something happens(undecided as of yet) and everyone that wants to join in the thread is transported to earth present day. Now I don't know how you can explain why the only people transported are the people posting. Maybe all Jedi, Sith, NRSF, Imperials, etc. are transported and are NPCed or simply presumed to be there.

Anyhow, the Sith maybe try and take over the world's governments. The Jedi try and stop them. Yada yada yada. It's not well planned out but I'm leaving all that stuff up for discussion and brain storming. I'm just giving the concept here.

Anyhow, at the end someone could maybe be sent back in time and stop the thing from happening. I know, it's a paradox. Why would they go back in time to stop an event if by doing that the event never happened, blah blah blah.

Anyway, it might be neat. You can pretty much destroy the earth in a worldwide war. Imagine fighting your nemesis on the Statue of Liberty or on the Eiffel Tower. Also, you can die. Just tell someone OOC, or permit them to if they ask, to kill you. Since everything's being undone. It's completely out of continuity.

I know it might sound silly but I think it sounds neat too. Maybe if some people could contribute to the idea and make it better... it'll be worth doing. And I think it would only be worth doing if a lot of people were involved. It could be a multiple RP thing, since it's not in the timestream of ongoing events.

Well, what's everyone's thoughts? :)

Jamel Croko'yn
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:03:29 AM
It sounds cool, but I kinda dont like it in some way, Im not sure why-it just seems like it isn't my style. I wouldn't want my character expirence something of that sorts.

Helenias Evenstar
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:42:44 AM
Ummmm..... no. I cross over enough with LOTR and it makes me feel edgy because I prefer to RP straight down the line with Star Wars. This goes a good deal further than I could ever feel right with

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:46:39 PM
Sounds too much like something the Marzullo's tried. Not my cup of tea.

Jamel Croko'yn
Dec 23rd, 2002, 04:20:58 PM
^^ Same way I feel..

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:08:28 PM
Oh Lord,I rememebr that Marzullo thing. Blech.

Jana Silthron
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:55:31 PM
ok what Marzullo thing are you guys talking about... there has been many.

Hart
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:45:36 PM
The World War II thing? I kinda thought it was an interesting idea. Itala put a lot of work into that thing. They eventually lost interest after a few weeks, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been fun. In theory, it still does sound fun. "fun" being the key term. To each his own, I guess.

Chimp the Rubber chicken
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:04:21 PM
Might be kind of interesting. :)

Syrius Cline
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:04:15 AM
Well since not everyone would have to be envolved, just the people who want to, I think it can work. Even if only four people do the thing with me, it'd be cool. :) Although boring. :lol

Actually it kind of is Star Wars. The first line of the movies does say it's a long time ago and in a galaxy far away. Although that doesn't really say anything as Lucas was trying to have a classic old timey feel to the movie. Like saying "once apon a time". But, it's not completely violating the rules of Star Wars. It's just like saying the characters are confined to an underdeveloped planet, without spaceships.

The Sith would try to conquer it like any other world, the Jedi would attempt to help Earth while trying to find a way home. Plus, like I said, your character would not be affected. He/she would not have memories of the events, and it would never happen. Even the person that went back in time to stop the time warp from happening would fade out of existance probably. So it'd be a lossless RP. Just for chuckles. You could even make an account for your real life counterpart for fun. Seriousness would be appreciated but there is room for wackiness. :)

Feh, just and idea. If no one wants to do it, it's fine. :)

Zasz Grimm
Dec 24th, 2002, 01:18:53 PM
I'm interested. Sounds fun, actually.

Hart
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:06:50 PM
or you can just spin the names. Like fight for the Planet Aerth during the same Star Wars timeline. The President of the Union of States of Americo is Gorj Boosh. And it's a planet where the technology is identical to ours now.

imported_Grev Drasen
Dec 27th, 2002, 12:40:05 AM
Since it's pretty much off record, I'd be for it.

Syrius Cline
Dec 31st, 2002, 02:25:52 AM
The problem with that Hart is that I was intending the thread to be where you can kill off your character, kill others, and be relegated to work withen the confines of Earth and being stranded on it. Although I like your idea lot, it'd be just like having a war for any Star Wars planet. The idea is to make these characters go "well, we're stranded here. better make the best of it." I'd think the Sith would chop off Bush head and proclaim themselves rulers, and that would launch the threat of nukular (sp?) war. The Jedi would have to try and calm the inhabitants of earth, as they rampage in anarchy. And they'd have to try and stop the world from being blown off the face of the planet when the Sith and the countries of the Earth square off against each other.

I think if a few more people say they'd join in, I'll make a post and leave it open for fun. I'm trying to come up with a way that only the people that RP are transported. How that would be so, and why them. That way a Sith apprentice doesn't have to think "but wait, should I attack the White House or should I wait for my Master to do it?" That'd mess up the RP if that Master didn't decide to join the RP. Then you might end up with ten apprenctices and padawans waiting for their Masters and higher ranked peers to start the big events off.

Ro McCloud
Dec 31st, 2002, 11:22:06 AM
Me interested, I have name for RL counterpart too.

I like the idea, count me in, what do you want?

Jedi, Sith, Other?

I have all of thems.