PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else see...

Dae Jinn
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:43:29 AM
LOTR : A Return to Middle-Earth?

I dunno if they played it in the States, but it was so funny...Basically, it was just a little behind the scene special on the making of TTT, but mostly it was about the cast. AM just wondering if anyone else watched it and what they thought of it.

Figrin D'an
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:48:43 AM
If that was the one that was hosted (ie. voice-over narrated) by the guy that is on the show "Smallville", then yes, it was on in the States. I remember cringing several times when they proceeded to butcher some character and location names.

Dae Jinn
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:51:36 AM
I have no clue...have never seen smallville :x It was on Showcase here. I just thought the footage of the cast, etc was good, didn't pay tons of attention to the narrator :lol

Was it the one with Sean/Sam and his foot injury? :lol It also had a scene from the film at the end :\

Figrin D'an
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:13:27 AM
That sounds like it...

It was... okay...

The extras on the EE DVD set are immensely more interesting, though. :)

Admiral Lebron
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:16:25 AM
Thats something I've neglected to do. This week, with school off and all, I am going to sit down and watch the extras on the EE and AOTC DVD. Although I have gotten through most of the AOTC ones.

Sanis Prent
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:28:41 AM
I've no desire to, but thanks for the heads up.

(Watches Christmas Story instead) :crack

Figrin D'an
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:45:10 AM
Ahh... A Christmas Story... :)

I think TNN or TNT or one of those channels is going to run it for 24 hours straight on Dec. 25th. I'll probably watch it a couple of times, then I'll watch it at least once more after Christmas on DVD... (yes, I have it on DVD.) :)

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:57:02 AM
EXCELLENT :D

There are only three things that I have to watch every Christmas:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
A Christmas Story
Its a Wonderful Life

Actually, me and my sister have insisted that for Christmas Eve lunch, we're going to the Palace, to have Peking duck :)

Deck the harrs with boughs of horry
Fa ra ra ra ra...ra ra ra ra
Tis the season to be jorry
Fa ra ra ra ra...ra ra ra ra

Dae Jinn
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:00:00 AM
I only watched LOTR cos I really wanted to see it, and I have no cable here at home...:lol

I did see Rudolph when I was there :lol I don't think I've ever seen a Christmas Story, and I know I've never seen It's A Wonderful Life :uhoh

I'd have to say my favorite Christmas Specials are the old Claymations ones, the ones I watched when I was a kid. Plus Frosty the Snowman, and The Pinky and The Brain Christmas Special (which makes me cry, every year, yes, I am a wuss. lol)

I hate that they only show Little Drummer Boy once a year though -- that's one of my favorites. :\

Shawn
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:24:33 AM
The only thing I regularly watch at Christmas time is "The Nightmare Before Christmas". :)

Dae Jinn
Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:28:51 AM
Nice, liked that too.:lol

Alan Joyce
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:30:41 PM
I've got:

A Christmas Story
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
It's a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34'th Street
and The Willows in Winter

on my Christmas viewing list. Though I might watch Legend of the Eight Samurai just because it's so bad it's funny,

CMJ
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:26:12 PM
Oh man..."It's a Wonderful Life", not only the greatest Christmas movie ever made...but one of my all-time favorite movies PERIOD.

I can quote that movie line for line just about. :D

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:41:17 PM
Merry Christmas Movie-house! Merry Christmas Imporium! Merry Christmas, you wonderful old Building and Loan!

I still like SNL's "alternate ending" to Its a Wonderful Life. Everyone in Bedford Falls, kicking the crap out of Mr. Potter.

CMJ
Dec 23rd, 2002, 02:51:40 PM
Good line...:)

One of my favorites..."One man's life touches so many others, when he's not there it leaves an awfully big hole."

This is the only movie, no matter how many times I see it, makes me cry.

JonathanLB
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:40:05 PM
CMJ, the only movie that makes me cry every time I see it is Superman IV. WHY GOD, WHY?! THE FIRST TWO WERE SO GOOD!!!!!!!

Sanis Prent
Dec 24th, 2002, 03:46:03 PM
The only movie that unconditionally makes me cry is Rudy.

Dae Jinn
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:27:22 AM
:lol They had a commerical for Rudy -- they're just starting to show on the older (50-60's to Early 90's -- yeah, kinda weird) movie channel. Made me laugh, cos I always think of Sean Astin as Samwise.

Sanis Prent
Dec 27th, 2002, 11:10:06 AM
I'm the exact opposite. He'll always be Rudy to me, and most others.

Dae Jinn
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:21:24 PM
Yeah, well, I think football is kinda dumb, so he'll always be sam to me :lol

Anyways! I just remembered, on Christmas day, I saw the Little Drummer Boy part 2! Wtf, it was so dumb,the roman soldiers burnt his drum. It was weird.

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:25:10 PM
Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

Then he gets a sack and gets carried off the field. I get choked up just thinking about it... :cry

Dae Jinn
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:28:18 PM
oh lord....no comment. >_<

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:30:36 PM
They all turned in their jerseys so he could play! Have a heart!!!!

Dae Jinn
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:33:35 PM
Ummmmmm, no. :lol The only football movie I've seen and liked was that Remember the Titans.

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:36:21 PM
RtT was good, but it's no Rudy. Watching Samwise get pummeled by hulking Notre Dame linemen and getting up for more... Ned Beatty gettin' all mysty when he walks into the stadium... :cry ;)

Dae Jinn
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:40:00 PM
lmao...um, yes......:uhoh

Jedieb
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:44:54 PM
Both true stories, both great movies, but only one ends with the little man getting carried off the field. RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!:thumbup :thumbup

Dae Jinn
Dec 27th, 2002, 09:53:05 PM
That just makes me think of the Clash song

EDIT : Rudy was on Kilborn :lol Weirdness...

JMK
Dec 28th, 2002, 12:10:07 AM
Kilborn rules!
And so does Rudy!

Dae Jinn
Dec 28th, 2002, 12:20:42 AM
JMK, Kilborn is sucky in comparison to conan;) :lol

Admiral Lebron
Dec 28th, 2002, 12:23:39 AM
Never seen Rudy..whats it about?

Dae Jinn
Dec 28th, 2002, 12:33:47 AM
Football >_< And even if you're a little sucky guy, as long as you do your best, you can achieve your dreams or something like that :lol

JonathanLB
Dec 28th, 2002, 07:25:39 AM
Come on, Dae, nobody can not love football. It's the greatest sport on Earth, and unless you don't like sports (in which case... I feel sorry for you), then you gotta love football! There's no sport that much fun to watch and exhilirating.

I've never seen Rudy, I know, the shame, but I'll get to it eventually. I do love Remember the Titans, one of my favorite movies, I think perhaps one of the greatest sports movies of all time, but I shall say that when I'm more qualified to judge :)

JMK
Dec 28th, 2002, 11:30:44 AM
I'll always remember Sean Astin as Mikey in Goonies, not Rudy or Samwise. He's Mikey. He's a Goonie.

Dutchy
Dec 28th, 2002, 04:05:43 PM
Originally posted by JonathanLB
Come on, Dae, nobody can not love football. It's the greatest sport on Earth, and unless you don't like sports (in which case... I feel sorry for you), then you gotta love football! There's no sport that much fun to watch and exhilirating.

Or unless you live in Europe, like me, then you really don't give a rat's as$ about football. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 28th, 2002, 05:39:32 PM
What Dutchy said, but insert Australia for Europe :D

Jedieb
Dec 28th, 2002, 06:17:37 PM
I hate soccer, but I still enjoyed Victory. What's not to like about Rocky playing goalie? :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 28th, 2002, 06:32:07 PM
The movie that makes me cry every time is Little Women when Beth dies.

:cry

Figrin D'an
Dec 28th, 2002, 06:50:45 PM
As much as I have a personal hatred for Notre Dame football, I must admit that Rudy is a very good movie. The only other sports film that is on that level, IMO, is Hoosiers.

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 28th, 2002, 07:02:06 PM
I echo Jedieb and Figrin in their sentiments.

Mu Satach
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:31:12 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I'll always remember Sean Astin as Mikey in Goonies, not Rudy or Samwise. He's Mikey. He's a Goonie.

Yep... "YOU GOONIE!"

The movie that makes me cry every single damn time I watch it is Sophie's Choice.

Sanis Prent
Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:38:39 PM
Sophie's Choice will tear you up, that's for sure.

That one, and there's also the Razor's Edge

ReaperFett
Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:06:38 PM
Escape to Victory ruled! Where else can you see Michael Caine, Pele, Bobby Moore and Sly Stallone? :D

CMJ
Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:18:09 PM
Originally posted by JonathanLB

If we're strictly going team sports College basketball I actually enjoy a bit more than college gridiron action(the pro's for those 2 *yawn*).

Tennis is probably my favorite sport when they're at one of the 4 majors though. Of course I grew up playing it, so maybe I'm biased. Also all my favorite players are starting to retire, so unless I find new ones to cheer for I might not follow it anymore.