PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Christmas message

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:55:30 PM
Well, I do do one of these each year... but I dont really have much to say really. My beliefs and what I thoguht was right has changed drastically this year and I'm still coming to terms to the dislike I have for the so called government here in Australia. I cant believe the lies and deciets rnnign around and I also cant believe they have the gall to claim Christian values, when it's clearly not.

:/

Aint really had a good time of God n' stuff for a while. I guess there really is only one thing that might make you arch an eyelid that I can say this year - Did you know Jesus was born in a time of terrorism?

I dunno, seems a short but apt thing to say with what's been goign on lately. Well, Have a time celebrating a baby birth 2000 years ago in a crap strewn bog hole at the <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> end of the world. Oh, that dont sound like the navitity scene, with clean straw and peaceful cattle? Bah, dont be fooled. A stable 2000 years ago was a foul place. Strangely apt for a man whom would change the world with his thought and speech, get nailed to a tree for what he said and die a truly ugly death.

Dont matter if what he said was cool and all - if he lied about himself it means nothing. Make up for yourself if what he claimed for himself was true - otherwise if it aint, nice holiday we have a this time of year. If it's true.... you know what that birth meant to us all. It meant Salvation.

Well, I aint going to go caroling. I'm not even one for presents and I dont have a tree. I prefer to think of a crap covered stable and a baby born - and what He in the end did for you and me.

Have a good Chrismas everyone. Hope to see you all safe and sound in 2003. I wont be around much in the next few days... TTT opens Dec 26.

Xazor Elessar
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:05:12 PM
::huggles::

Merry Christmas, Marcus. :) I never really looked at it that way, I mean I have....but I never really thought of His birth in that sense, but you're right. The stables were really crappy back then, not that a stable is a wonderful place anyhow. Such a humble birth and such a humble man who was, yes, nailed to a humble tree and killed for what he said.

Wow......

Just gonna take some time now and think of that.....I guess I take that for granted at Christmas, getting so caught up in the whole 'presents and tree....family and friends/commercialized' aspect of it all. Sure, those things are nice....but yeah, that's not what it's about at all.

Thanks Marcus....that is so cool. :)

Dae Jinn
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:28:54 AM
Merry Christmas Marcus, and may you and Helen have a fabulous new year.
:D

Helenias Evenstar
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:43:55 AM
And you too.

A good Christmas everyone!

Oriadin
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:44:37 AM
Last 2 - 3 years for me have been pretty bad. This last year for the terroist attacks and what not and for other reasons. Its times like this when we need to stick together and be there for one another. Support each other and give hope to people. Show that there is still good in this world that we live in today. I see no better time to do this than christmas and new year. This is my favorite time of the year. Im in no way religious and in which case I guess you could call me a hypocrit (spelling!?). Celebrating the birth of Jesus when I dont even belive in him. Well, I do belive in friends and family. This time of year is for me to say thankyou to them and to tell them all how much I love them. The spirit of christmas is what I belive in and so I wish everyone...

A Very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

Alpha
Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:16:44 AM
You guys have a good Christmas and New Years! :) :D

Dae Jinn
Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:34:41 AM
Well, this year is a bit better for me, since last year my mum almost died and spend most of Christmas in the "dying" ward of the hospital...Not a fun year. :/ This year everyone is relatively healthy and happy, we already have our running present joke this year (I guess it's becoming tradition, someone makes a joke, and it becomes the running gag of the holiday -- this year it's saying "This isn't what I wanted!" and smashing your present to the floor. Not really smashing, but you get the idea..) I'm just glad that everyone I love is together and well this year....*Ugh, the sappiness....*

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:04:39 AM
I would also like to say a few things regarding what I think about this time of year. Me... religious? Yes indeed. Gone to the same church my entire life, read and study His word, and apply it all to my life, even plan to become a minister, but what does this time of year mean to me? Allow me to tell you.

When God sent his one and only son to pay the price for our sins, I don't believe he was all smiles. Don't get me wrong please, It is awesome and we should rejoice in what he did for us, but God knew what was going to happen 33 years later in that baby boy's short life. He knew the jokes he would have to endure, the number of stripes he would have to receive, and even how much pain he would endure while two ten-inch, thick steel nails were driven through his wrist. Christ did many miracles, taught many lessons, and lived a sinless life, but he had to suffer worse than any of us ever could, and for what? So that our wrongs, our debts would be payed for. I'm not guessing, I'm sure it took alot for God to send his son into a world that would hate him and end up torturing and killing him. We should remember the sacrifice it took for us to enjoy this holiday to which we treasure so much.

Darius Van-Derveld
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:05:50 AM
didnt TTT come out about a week ago?

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 24th, 2002, 10:12:41 AM
I think so.

Jamel Croko'yn
Dec 27th, 2002, 12:06:28 AM
I hope you had a Merry Christmas