PDA

View Full Version : I've had enough of slow computers.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:24:40 PM
Okay, so tonight I tried to play StarCraft over the net and found out that both my comp and my modem suck for gaming. I'm tired of this slowness crap; I want to go out and kick people's teeth out again.

I need two things- a computer optimized for gaming and DSL. The DSL I can get, but the computer I'm gonna need some help on. Can anyone point me in a good direction?

Jehova Eaven
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:27:40 PM
a gaming machine? Like things to run Doom III and stuff or old games like starcraft? If you are then be prepared to spend a pretty penny on a Graphics card and other expensive goodies.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:32:30 PM
Hob - See Morgan. He'll spec you out better than most I can think of.

Sanis Prent
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:11:16 PM
No, this is what burns me...

I have been watching Band of Brothers on DVD with my mom, over the holidays. Can't use my sister's brand new computer, cause it doesn't have a DVD player. Only computer that we can use is my archaic, 6 year old POS. So, we get it going, and have seen nine parts out of ten. However, upon trying to watch the tenth, my old computer's DVD player craps out, and I can't get it going again. What craptastic luck...:mad

Admiral Lebron
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:36:20 PM
The 10th part was great...:(

Morgan Evanar
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:37:29 PM
Uhhhh... budget. Everything centers around that.

Sanis Prent
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:42:45 PM
We'll likely rent a dvd player. My dad has yet to see the series :D

I've got at least another viewing in me before I go back to school. I've already seen the series 5 times through :)

Morgan Evanar
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:23:56 PM
You can BUY a DVD player for 60 dollars. It costs about $15 to rent one.

Sanis Prent
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:26:45 PM
My parents are like...Amish. You keep forgetting. I am the sole proprietor of DVDs in my household, and thus they have no desire to buy a dvd player. Eventually, I will learn them of their evil ways.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:35:47 PM
I bought a DVD player for 60 bucks....it lasted a week and crapped out on me...

Admiral Lebron
Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:40:29 PM
I've seen the series about two and a half times. Watched it originally on HBO, caught the repeat, and watch half of the recorded tapes we have.

Jehova Eaven
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:36:52 PM
Speaking of POS PCs... I had a weird problem yesterday with my video card, it seems to be working fine now. Maybe it just overheated from over use. :)

imported_Taja Loraan
Dec 25th, 2002, 09:03:57 AM
Band Of Brothers is available on DVD??

Sanis Prent
Dec 25th, 2002, 12:45:25 PM
Yes....oh God yes!!! Its about 80-90 bucks, but dammit, if you never buy anything else on DVD, you must get Band of Brothers. Its the best thing put onto any screen...ever.

My sister got me the soundtrack for Christmas. I'm bawling my eyes out now.

Pilot Akito
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:07:05 PM
Originally posted by Jehova Eaven
Speaking of POS PCs... I had a weird problem yesterday with my video card, it seems to be working fine now. Maybe it just overheated from over use. :)

Probally a software mix up... Depending on your OS, you may of changed a setting to where your computer couldn't support it.

If your using WinNT/2000/xp just hit F8 after turning on your computer and select "Last Known Good Config." From the boot loader menu.

If in Win9x/ME go into Safe mode and see if you can either change the setting or reload the driver.

POS PC's aren't bad, just all built around most times a single companies product (Gateway, Dell, ect).

Rognan Dar
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:13:04 PM
Sorry to sound behind the times but what is "Band of Brothers"?