PDA

View Full Version : The Very Young At Heart...(open)

Duncan B. Moore
Dec 19th, 2002, 04:19:47 PM
OOC: I took the liberty of assuming there was music in here, and that Sinatra would be playing. If I'm wrong, feel free to crush me with bricks:)

IC:

"Let me out kid!"

"Nobody walks out on Frank! It'd be too disrespectful!"

Brad Moore stood in the doorway of the B&G, blocking anyone from exiting-- and entering for that matter. At this moment, a rather large man was looking down at him, quite angry. Brad had been blocking his way for a full two minutes and wouldn't move.

And here is the best part... you have a head start... if you are among the very yooooooung at heart...

The man shoved Brad aside.

"There, it's done!"

"NO! WAIT!"

The music was still playing. Brad leapt at the mans feet, bringing him down. The ending 'pings' of the music drfted away and suddenly, Brad seemed to see what a bleak situation he was in. The man was standing up and had turned a deep shade of red. He was cracking his knuckles ominously. Brad did the manly thing. He stood up and ran. The man pursued him.

"Get back here you scrawny..."

"HELP! FOR THE LOVE OF FRANK, HELP!"

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 21st, 2002, 12:07:12 AM
Ket chuckled lightly as he watched the goings on. This boy had all the makings of a criminal and general nuissance. Ket intervened on the boy's behalf, and tripped the large oaf of a man as he ran after Brad. He then grinned as he motioned lightly toward the man, and he began choking, clawing at his throat. Ket pressed a button on his arm and his helmet disassembled itself and stored flatly on his back. He pulled his hood down and walked over to the man as he choked, and sneered...

"If I let you go, will you be a good boy and go play elsewhere?"

The man nodded franticly as he gasped for air. Ket released the invisible grip and then used the aide of the dark side to toss the man back toward Yog's. The Sith then grinned and using the force again, sped up and ran like the wind, stopping in silence in front of Brad.

"My my, always causing trouble, aren't you?"

Hadrian Invicta
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:01:04 PM
Hadrian had been eating at Yog's and listening to the music. He shared the young boy's sentiments about Frank, but he could also see why the large man was angry. Hadrian had given up anger when he joined the order, he had taken the Jedi Oath and he would not abandon it.

It wasn't that hard for him anyways, he had always been slow to anger, even against thieves and wolves. His attacks never came in fits of rage, but in defense of his helpless flock. He did not hate the raiders or the wolves for that was all they knew, it was instinct, but that was what seperated him from them and why he had no problems extinguishing their lives if he had to. They could not resist instinct, their primordial urges, they were mere animals, Hadrian was not.

As the boy ran out the bar screaming, Hadrian rose and followed. His gait was quick, but calm and sure. He'd arrive before the boy was hurt. As he passed the door man he reached and grabbed his collapsable shepherd's staff and pulled the hood of his dark grey cloak over his head.

"Whoooaaaa!!!!!"

Hadrian looked up and saw the large man that had been chasing the young boy fly towards the door of Yog's. His right arm shot out and he caught the man by the back of his pants. Looking towards the boy, he saw another man, one that seemed to eminate hatred, there was a darkness about him that made Hadrian's hair stand on end.

As Hadrian lowered the man down, he slowly ran his thumb over the trigger that would extend the shepherd's staff to its full length of 6'4" just a bit taller than Hadrian. He had not been trained yet on how to use a lightsaber nor did he have one, so his staff would have to make due.

"Excuse me, is there a problem?" His deep voice asked with authority. His grey-green eyes were cold and emotionless. His powerful frame expanded to its full size, filling out the robes.

"The young man forgot to pay his bill before he left," Hadrian spoke again before the two could answer. The boy was a punk, Hadrian could feel the deception on him. He would end up dead someday or dealing drugs at the bars, but Hadrian was not to be judge, jury and executioner of someone so young.

"Why don't you come with me young sir and will take care of the matter of the bill." His eyes never left the the eyes of the larger man in the robes.

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:14:24 PM
Ket turned his head to look at Hadrian stand there, large staff in hand. He lughed lightly, lowly...evily. These Jedi were always trying to play the Hero...after all, he spent time here as a youth, he would know. He sensed the man to be a Jedi, yes...but, not well trained yet...a padawan learner it seemed. Ket's brow furrowed. Child's play...

"If I were you, I'd weigh my options. Either you can turn around now and walk away or use what little training you have and try in vain to deal with me..."

Ket chuckled as he stood between Hadrian and Brad...

"As far as any bill goes..."

Ket tossed some money on the ground and grinned, the Lupine's enlarged canine's showing.

Hadrian Invicta
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:27:29 PM
Canine's... Wolf...Preying on the weak, because they are to afraid to deal with the strong...

"Who said I wanted a fight?" Hadrian asked calmly, he was not afraid, fear was a weakness that Darksiders would use against him. He would die or he would not, it was as simple as that.

Looking down at the coins he shrugged; "I don't know what the young man's bill was, this may or may not be enough. It would be simpler if the young man just walked in and covered his bill, I'm certain he didn't mean to skip out, he was simply scared, which is understandable. It was quite commendable of you to come to his aid."

Sith so ready to fight, so ready to die. Did this Darksider think he'd get far, Yog's was crawling with Jedi, he might make short work of Hadrian, but he'd not survive an onslaught of multiple knights...

Hadrian stepped forwards, his staff stood ready. He was a shepherd, he would defend even the blackest of sheep.

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:38:28 AM
That's right, he was a sheep. a very black sheep. And Ket realized his potential, oh yes. No need for this Jedi to try and protect him, the Sith would do it as a result to protect a future investment. Ket chuckled lightly and tossed more than enough credits down.

"Well, since you don't plan of dealing with me, Jedi, take the coins and move on."

Ket chuckled lightly.

"And your thoughts betray you, young padawan...you ARE afraid...afraid to die right here, right now...but no worry, for I don't intended to kill you...but I will harm you quite a bit if you don't take the money and go."

Just then, a Sith Infiltrator landed behind Brad, it's rear bay door opening. Ket grinned to the boy and winked.

"Get on board, young friend, and I shall show you what money is to be made..."

(OOC: shall we wait for Duncan to post,eh? :) )

Duncan B. Moore
Dec 23rd, 2002, 12:03:58 PM
Brad, fully confused after Ket had seemingly appeared out of thin air in front of him, looked back and forth between the Jedi and the Sith. The conversation between the two had taken on an interesting edge but the young man was only concerned with getting as far away as possible, perhaps meet up with a few friends and forget this whole almost-being-pulvarized-by-a-mammoth experience. But, it seemed, life had a different path mapped out for Bradley Moore. As he backed away ever so slowly, a ship landed and blocked his path of exit. The Sith, whom he had met before in an unpleasant situation, told him to get on board. Now really, when he stopped to thik about it, it didn't seem like the wisest idea. On a juvenile level, Ket was a stranger and no one, save Sheldon, would even notice that Brad were missing, if such a thing were to happen. The biggest factor against this in Brad's mind though, was that this was the same Sith that had shot him. Not exactly a warm, fuzzy memory. But he wanted to get out of here and quite frankly, he wasn't about to say 'no' to a Sith that could kill him in no time flat. Brad smiled uncertainly and nodded.

"Yeah, sure. My uh, apartment isn't far from here. Couple minutes."

Hadrian Invicta
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:39:35 PM
"Are you sure?" Hadrian looked at Duncan as he made his decision.

If you cross this path, you damn yourself, it is not a path many are able to return from unscathed... Hadrian thought to himself.

"Nevermind the credits, I'm sure I can take care of the bill," Hadrian replied.

If I had a saber or any training whatsoever there would be one less Sith to bother the universe today...

"Perhaps we shall meet again?" Hadrian finished as he collapsed his shepherd's rod and placed it back in his robes. He couldn't protect those who didn't want his help. The boy's decision would have it's consequences, eventually. Justice would one day come to the Dark-Siders and its' champions would spare none deserving of the sword.

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 23rd, 2002, 03:08:21 PM
Ket chuckled lightly at the Jedi, sensing his thoughts and feelings.

"Next time we meet, dear Jedi...next time..."

Ket chuckled as the ship took off, and he used the force to aide him as He jumped through the bay door opening as it closed. The ship then took off, and was gone from view.

(OOC: Duncan, reply as a new post at the battleground)

Duncan B. Moore
Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:03:06 PM
OC: RIght....and that would be, where?

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 24th, 2002, 12:37:56 PM
((OOC: where Ket and Dae ran into Brad last time :) ))