PDA

View Full Version : It's been a year...

imported_Taja Loraan
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:33:03 AM
December 19th makes it one year exactly since I boarded the plane from London to Dhaka, Bangladesh.

...:cry...

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:36:10 AM
*hug* :(

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 19th, 2002, 03:06:59 AM
:( Being dragged half way across the world sucks... I can only offer you hope that you might not be stuck there for long.

Kelt Simoson
Dec 19th, 2002, 03:31:28 AM
:(..England is a nice place..hell i live there..lol

Oriadin
Dec 19th, 2002, 04:49:27 AM
Originally posted by Kelt Simoson
:(..England is a nice place..hell i live there..lol

I could think of better places to live. I wish I were still in Scotland, although, there are no jobs up there.

Dae Jinn
Dec 19th, 2002, 09:30:02 AM
See? Cute boys live in England *points at Kelt and Ori* :cry

*huggles her ickle sista* I wish I could move half-way across the world...Canada is like, the melba toast of the world :lol

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 19th, 2002, 01:12:22 PM
As much as I may want to live elsewhere, I will always love Alabama.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 19th, 2002, 01:32:38 PM
*huggles for Taj*

Ki-Adi Kindo
Dec 19th, 2002, 05:56:50 PM
It'll always be Georgia for me... home sweet home. Although I've never been out of the country or on a plane... strange huh?

- My prayers are with you, Taj :) -

Morgan Evanar
Dec 19th, 2002, 06:24:56 PM
Something not Miami is in my future eventually.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 19th, 2002, 06:27:40 PM
Ditto.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 19th, 2002, 07:51:19 PM
Come to Virginia. I get bored, and can use the company.

Andraq Novkar
Dec 19th, 2002, 08:00:23 PM
Even better, come to Texas.

It is the Lone Star State.

I'm lonely.

Sanis Prent
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:22:26 PM
Run out of steers? :)

Andraq Novkar
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:27:39 PM
Oh.....that's nasty. :x

Ew....

Silus Xilarian
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:46:47 PM
Good lord Charley...that was below the belt :lol

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 19th, 2002, 11:21:20 PM
I have noticed something, here and on Yahoo... The average user is from either the South or Australia. I day does not go by when I am chatting and someone from either Australia or the South I.M.s me. I find this almost refreshing. For I sense that niether Place views online chatting or RPing as A taboo as most of the Northwest does. Having already visited the south during the 96 Olympics, and enjoying it (even with the number of bugs and roadkill)... I hope to visit Australia someday also.

imported_Taja Loraan
Dec 20th, 2002, 10:23:54 AM
Thanks, you guys.. although I'm hoping to be out of here within the next year. I'd like to go somewhere in Europe again... but my mom wants to go to Thailand - again! |I My dad'll prolly get posted to somewhere in the Far/South East. Blah.

Huh.. that makes me wonder. Just how many people here have never been on a plane to a different country? I can't imagine living in the same place for too many years.. so scary... >_<

Sanis Prent
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:52:41 PM
I've never been to a different country :(

I have a life's dream of making it to Germany though. I have a really close friend who lives in Hamm, in the Ruhr.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 20th, 2002, 02:11:30 PM
Really? That cool, that another place I want to visit... seeing how I was born in Frankfort itself.
(Military Brat :D )
What sucks is, my Dad awhile backed Applied for a job at the American Base in Belgium... we would have gone also, except that my Dad's bosses hate him and kept him from going. Luckly, seeing how he is a Civilian working for the Military, they can't fire him, or demote him. But it keeps us from going to interesting places. Alaska (Thank god that fell through!) Hawaii, Japan, Belgium...

Admiral Lebron
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:03:44 PM
I've been to Mexico and Canada. Live in Virginia. I generally hate the people that live here. I want to leave. :(

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 20th, 2002, 06:15:11 PM
I've been to Cananda... for about thirty minutes. I was on a train that had a hold over there for lunch. Outside of that, I've never been off the continent... but that's one of the things I like about America; you can go to another state and it's almost like being in another country. Sometimes people talk so differently you can't understand them... though maybe that's just in the backwater areas that it can happen.

Leeloo Mina
Dec 21st, 2002, 08:38:00 PM
I've never been outside the US. And I don't usually leave MO very often. :cry

But then again, I can't complain right now..

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:48:05 AM
When you enter South Florida, you actually aren't in America anymore... it's more like being in the free state of Cuba. Spanish is more commonly spoken here than is English.

imported_Taja Loraan
Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:35:33 AM
I remember trying to speak Spanish with Carlos' mom... :x
"Hay un Carlos por aqui?"
"CARLOS ISN'T HOME!!!"
^_^;

The most number of times I've traveled abroad is when I was around 7/8.. I hate to fly every 6 weeks alone from Vietnam to Thailand for dental treatment. Then.. in 2001, I was in five different countries: England, Belgium, France, China, and Bangladesh. ^^

I guess I'm not used to living in any one place for years on end. I like change... ^_^;

Dae Jinn
Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:01:09 AM
Originally posted by Taja Loraan

Huh.. that makes me wonder. Just how many people here have never been on a plane to a different country? I can't imagine living in the same place for too many years.. so scary... >_<

Never been on a plane, but I have been to a different country....Cos well, the USA is technically a different country :mischief :lol

And people should come here :( I have candy ;) lol.

Leeloo Mina
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:54:34 PM
I've been on a plane.. But only here and back.

Originally posted by Taja Loraan
I remember trying to speak Spanish with Carlos' mom... :x
"Hay un Carlos por aqui?"
"CARLOS ISN'T HOME!!!"
^_^;

:lol

I would just go "uh..." when she or whoever spoke spanish. ^_^;

When you enter South Florida, you actually aren't in America anymore... it's more like being in the free state of Cuba. Spanish is more commonly spoken here than is English.

Did you have to remind me? :p It's crazy >_< I feel uncomfortable and out of place when people speak spanish :x

imported_Taja Loraan
Dec 25th, 2002, 08:50:02 AM
Thing is, she WASN't speaking Spanish. I let my friend Umi call him, and I guess she couldn't understand what his mom was saying and assumed it was Spanish. No wonder she kept hanging up.. us lot kept blabbing in a mix of Spanish and French. I believe a lot of it involved asking for directions to the nearest bank... >_<

And Canada, YAY! I wanna go to Canada.. my friend moved there a few months ago, and my aunt from Toronto is here visiting us now. Maybe I can convince her to take me up there next year... ^_^