PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Refuge

Laila Annex
Dec 18th, 2002, 09:28:53 PM
One could not help but notice Laila. Perhaps for some it was her six foot, three inch frame. For others it was her hauntingly thin body that looked like it had been starved; in reality she had a more than ample diet. Still, most gazes were drawn because of her white skin and deep set blue eyes that seemed unnaturally bright in contrast. She was not of pale complexion as a light-deprived being would be but startlingly white, as if someone had painted over her true complexion. She almost seemed to glow and from a distance it seemed that she were bald, but on closer inspection a mass of silky transucent strands of hair, rippling like water, were visible. Laila's clothes were of simple design that fit her in such a way that they could have been made of the finest material. In truth they were homespun and resewn from the old clothes of her older brothers.

Laila winced as she walked into the Jedi building, a long cut running from the top of her right calf to the back of her ankle. A pearly white substance was leaking freely from the wound even though Laila had attempted to stop some of it with a thin rag tied around part of the wound. She looked like a ghost.

A bleeding ghost...

Laila thought to herself. She smiled and sighed, shaking her head. She'd really gotten herself into it this time. She looked at one of her long luminescant arms, also seeping the pearl blood. She'd done that one to herself, with her nails. Clawed at the skin until she could dig far enough to remove the tracer. The fingers on her other hand were bent awkwardly, four of them broken. Her ribs, hidden by the heavy material of her t-shirt, were turning a light blue, the darkest shade her bruises ever got. But she was alive. This time.

"Well of course you're alive Laila, they wouldn't kill you would they? They don't want to... do they? No, no, no, stop this nonsence. It's just silly. But Mother is worried and it won't hurt you to put her mind at ease. Now look at you... talking to yourself! People will think you're mad and that's all you need being such a great, big monstrosity."

She giggled and bent down to adjust the temporary bandage. It hardly covered anything and Laila was dismayed to see that she was getting blood on the floor. She pulled a tissue from the pocket of her cutoffs and slowly lowered herself down to the floor with her good hand, the mauled one, keeping her injured leg straight. Laila began wiping some of the blood off the floor, feeling quite cold and sick as she sat.

"Been walking too long on this leg of yours Laila. Should've asked for help sooner."

Oriadin
Dec 19th, 2002, 03:27:38 AM
Oriadin had been in the Jedi archives researching as usual. Today he was trying to find some information about a rumured 'Lost Jedi' movement. He knew practically nothing about it and had only heard the name mentioned once in a whisper. That spurred him on to try to find some information about the movement. To his suprise and somewhat anoyance though, nothing could be found. He'd searched everything he could think of but all to no avail.

At last he gave up. His eyes were begining to water because of the length of time he'd spent looking at his monitor. He needed a break. He felt a lovely ice cold water at the Bar and Grill would go down very nicely. After returning the monitor back to the main screen, he made his way to the B&G. On his way though, a very unusual looking character caught his eye. Her height and pale skin were the first things that caught his eye. He slowly approached the stranger. As he got closer he noticed that this person seemed to be carrying several injuries. How bad they were, he wasnt certain but he had to check she was ok. It was part of his job to look after people afterall.

--Can I help at all? you seem to be in pain.--

He called out as he made his way over to her.

Laila Annex
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:13:41 PM
Laila smiled at the man as he walked toward her.

"Well it hurts a bit but it's not terrible! I'm just sorry I've gotten a mess all over the floor."

She looked down at the puddle and then back at him. The tissue was coated in the shimmery blood and wasn't much help anymore. Laila tried to stand back up but let out a little cry as she placed her broken fingers on the floor.

"Ooh! Well that hurt!"

She looked angry at herself as she sat there. It wasn't bad enough that she couldn't get herself out of her situation; now she couldn't even get herself off the floor. But an introduction would be an introduction whether given standing or sitting.

"I'm Laila Annex. I'm really not sure how to exlain myself... But I need a place to hide for a short while. I don't want to put anyone in danger but..."

She gestured to her leg and hand.

"Well it's gotten a bit out of hand. My mother sent me here, she said it would be safe."

Oriadin
Dec 20th, 2002, 02:54:49 AM
Oriadin looked over at a droid before instructing it to go get some bandages. Her wounds were worse than she was letting on, that much he could tell.

--Ah, dont worry about making a mess. Weve got to get you cleaned up!--

He quickly scanned the room before finding a suitable chair. He reached his arm out and using the force pulled the chair in close to them. He then helped Laila sit down on the chair. Oriadin noticed her broken fingers when they were put on the floor. They seemed the most painfull and would have to be seen to. The other injuries looked bad but would probably heal by themselves in time. Oriadin didnt have any skills in healing with the force but if there was someone else about that could, perhaps her injuries would heal much quicker. For the time being though, Oriadin tried to do the best with what he had.

After a short time the droid came back with an array of various shapes and sizes of bandages. The humble Jedi Knight then began to remove the small, dirty bandages the stranger was wearing and replace them with the fresh ones just given to him.

--Its not all that often we hide people here with us, or indeed help people to hide. Not without a bit of background story anyway. If you tell me whats going on, then I'll see what we can do to help you.--

He looked up at Laila briefly with a warm and friendly smile. What ever she had been through, she hadnt had the best of times.

Laila Annex
Dec 25th, 2002, 01:30:47 PM
“Aaa-aah...”

Laila winced as the Jedi cleaned her wounds. She bit her bottom lip and sighed.

“I thought you might have to know. I’m warning you though, it’s not a story you tell around the dinner table. Perhaps it would be easier to understand if you saw my family.”

Laila reached into an inner pocket of her cardigan and pulled out a worn leather wallet. Opening it she removed and slid a plastic covered picture across her knee to Oriadin. There were eleven people in the picture, all of them with dark complexions and black hair. All but one. Laila was easily distinguishable among the crowd.

“The man and woman on the ends are my parents. The others are my brothers and sisters; Lachlan, Leary, Lana, Lennox, Lenai, Leta, Latanya and Leithe. As you can see, I’m quite different. It all started before I was born. My mothers family were high society. Her father was president of our country on our homeworld. My Uncle, her brother, Petre was also....political but it a very wrong, very twisted way. He wanted to exterminate everyone who was not a “perfect” being. He started an organization called Apocolypse for just that purpose. Sadly, his views were not widely opposed, not even by my grandfather. But my mother... she joined an underground rebellion, where she met my father—a lowly, but honest, maker of soap. It was love at first sight... or first fight perhaps.”

Laila smiled before continuing.

“to make a long story short, my Uncle Petre was overthrown and Apocolypse disbanded. My parents had a child by then, Lachlan, and so they settled down. Soon another son was born, my brother Leary. Then my mother found out she was pregnant with me. Having only two children at the time they were excited. But when I was born... well. I was not expected to live because I lost weight at such a rapid pace. The doctors did many tests and found that my metabolism is insanely abnormal. I must take pills and injections daily or I would die within a week. But back to the story. The doctors also found something else that puzzled them. My mother, my mother who had carried me for nine and a half months, was not my mother. Same for my father. There was absolutely no chance that they could be, according to the DNA test. It was about this time that a group of young men and women, followers of my Uncle’s teachings formed Babylon. It is a new Apocolypse. They found out about my birth and the circumstances surrounding it and right away decided that I, the ultimate abomination to my Uncle’s reasoning, must be destroyed. At any cost.”

Her face was grim.Though she told herself that she was fine, to be hunted and treated like an animal on her own planet had hurt and confused Laila. She smiled then, unconvincingly.

‘And that’s it. The whole kit and caboodle.”

Oriadin
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:56:30 AM
Oriadin sat still and a little shocked as she told her story. She didnt seem to hold much back which indicated that she really did need help and at least someone to talk to. Her story was sad and her life must have been one of much pain and suffering. Given all this, she still seemed to have a sweet and caring nature.

-- Well Laila, it seems you have come through much hardship. I belive you have done the right thing in asking for help and in seeking the Jedi. Now, usually here we only accept people who want to be trained as Jedi and in the ways of the force but if its just refuge you seek im sure there is something we can do to help--

Oriadin was thinking on his toes about the best course of action. There were several options he could take but deciding on the right choices and in the right order might prove more difficult.

--Well, if you like I have some room back at my quarters and have been seeking a room mate for some time. No one has come forward yet so if you like you can stay with me. I'll make sure your wounds are properly looked at and that youre given clean clothes and some food. That will give me enough time to seek further guidence from the council on the situation. Obviously stories like yours are of deep concern for the Jedi who promote peace through out the galaxy. This will be something they will want to hear about.--

Oriadin gave a warm and comforting smile, concealing his sympathy and worries for the stranger before him.

OOC: So so sorry! Didnt get much time to come on over new year and christmas so fell behind in all my threads and I forgot about this one. Thanks for the PM.

Laila Annex
Jan 16th, 2003, 01:15:56 PM
OOC: erg, my turn to say sorry, didn't have access to a comp untill now:(

IC:

Laila was surprised by his offer. She hadn't really been expecting anything, advice perhaps. But not this. She stilled her thoughts, trying to organize them into some fashion of assemblence.

"You would do that? Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the offer and will gladly accept, I'm jsut surprised. I've not had any help from anyone except my family before this..."

Laila smiled. This would put her mother-- And herself-- at ease.

"Thank you, it's a great relief to know that there are still people out there who can vouch for the goodness of the galaxy. This, Council, I'm afraid I've never heard of it. I only jsut learned of the Jedi... Who are they?"

She tilted her head curiously.

"...And I didn't catch your name, kind dir."

Oriadin
Jan 16th, 2003, 06:32:00 PM
[i]--Oh dear. Im so sorry. I thought I had told you my name already. I am Oriadin, Jedi knight here at the order.

The council are my peers. They are in effect the leaders of the Jedi. As a group they are very wise and skilled. They will know what to do in most situations. I think they will be curious to here of how you have been treated. They may want to talk to you, and see if they can help you, more long term.

I find it dishearting that youve never experienced kindness like this. Not all things are bad in the galaxy, and the Jedi are there to protect the good things.

OOC: Did you want to play this out that your character just seeks refuge here for a period of time and if so how long? Or did you want your character to become a Jedi? If I do consult the council on your situation its possible a RP could come out of this if you wish. Let me know what kinda things youve got in mind and we can see what we can do :)

Laila Annex
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:03:48 PM
"Well, Oriadin, I appreciate yor willingness to helop more than you know. I would have no reservations if this Council of yours would like to hear my story, however,"

Laila paused and looked at the Jedi Knight with serious-natured inquisitiveness.

"Will they keep it confidential? If word were to slip that I were here my family would be ahrmed, I am sure of it..."

Oriadin
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:42:00 AM
--I am quite sure they will keep it confidential if that is what you request of them. Im sure they will be interested to hear your story. They will want to help you too.--

Laila looked in a little less pain now. Perhaps the roof over her head and the prospect of getting help made her feel more comfortable. In any case, Oriadin felt happy that he could help Laila.

--Come with me, I'll take you to my living quarters where you can stay for a little while. Once ive shown you around I'll go and speak to the council to see what advice they have to give.--

Oriadin led her down the hallways and to his living quarters (http://216.73.105.30/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26848)

Oriadin
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:32:39 AM
EDIT: Wrong thread!