PDA

View Full Version : Regarding "Lost Artifacts"

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:05:08 AM
I'm posting to ask some questions about the thread "Lost Artifacts," which was started in the Roleplaying forum by Malice. Here's a link:

http://swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25951

I wanted to ask everyone involved in that thread about the Sith temple that was mentioned, and said to be located on Endor. Was this pulled from anywhere in Star Wars EU?

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:50:39 AM
Sith Temple on Endor?

Que? Never heard of one with the EU (SPIT! SPIT!! PHOOEY!) . Then again, I'm no EU (SPIT! SPIT!! PHOOEY!) expert. Probably just made up, which if it's common sense and fair, aint a problem.

Ishan Shade
Dec 18th, 2002, 11:40:41 AM
Hmm...probably not in EU (SPIT! SPIT!! PHOOEY!), at least I never remember hearing of it.

However like Marcus said, it's reasonable and fair to everyone so, go for it.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 18th, 2002, 05:15:07 PM
But the thing is, a Sith temple is a really significant thing... it would lack some common sense to make up that one exists on Endor, especially considering that Endor is a rather important planet in the SW universe. The Star wars Encylopedia (official book) doesn't seem to mention anything about it...

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 18th, 2002, 08:58:28 PM
There is a pocket of Dark side energy on Endor, and in the space around it where the DS was...where Darth Vader was burned, and the Emperor destroyed...but a temple? Never heard of one on Endor.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 18th, 2002, 09:12:29 PM
I think thats something Luke would have noticed after the Battle of Endor and stuff.

Y'know, there are a bunch of planets...

Sanis Prent
Dec 19th, 2002, 01:26:56 AM
You know...its in the DEEP woods...where the Ents live ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:09:43 AM
There's a Sith Temple in Fangorn Forest?

Mr. Happy
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:13:27 AM
Its on the complimentary Stuckeys map!

Jehova Eaven
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:19:05 AM
You know, I think this WAS a serious thread.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:32:08 AM
Seriously I think there is no mention of a Sith temple on Endor in the movies or in the EU. On Yavin? Yes.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 19th, 2002, 06:39:38 AM
Well, I brought it up because of the comment which was made in Malice's first post to the thread, and it seems to lack common sense that there could just be a Sith temple there because someone decides to invent it. A Sith temple doesn't exist on Endor, so if Malice goes there and visits one, it would be sort of god-moding... because there's not supposed to be one there at all.

xsmokingmanx
Dec 19th, 2002, 12:55:49 PM
God-modding that a bit drastict. He may be mistaken and yes there are such things as mistakes people.

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 19th, 2002, 01:06:54 PM
I agree...to call it a GM is a bit much. Lapse of common sense, perhaps.

Ishan Shade
Dec 19th, 2002, 01:57:52 PM
I agree with Diego, but I dont think Malice's RP is going to have a drastic effect on our universe here at SWFans.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 19th, 2002, 06:26:17 PM
Well, I said "sort of" god-moding. I just wish people would stop raping the SW universe... Blech. Do some research or something...

Ishan Shade
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:01:58 AM
You do have a point Jes.

I can see exactly where your coming from.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:32:50 AM
:: Honest opinion ::

b) If it's not goign to affect others or other groups or be a power grab, I dont care. Sure Endor is an absurd place, all you had to do was make a name and location up and it's WTF cares.

b) If it's going to affect RP'ers or is a major power up advantage, then you could be on shakey ground. No scratch that, seriously shakey ground. Just be careful.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:39:07 AM
Well, personally I wouldn't really think it was a big deal if it was some sort of power grab. The only reason it bothers me is that making up something of that significance does kind of affect others RPers... Endor is a popular planet in the SW universe. It even had a movie there, a cartoon, and a comic series, but there was never a Sith temple ever written, filmed, or mentioned about. So... it would be nice if he just made up some place that wasn't important, or choose a planet that did have a temple of some kind on it.

Sanis Prent
Dec 20th, 2002, 01:00:08 PM
Well...wasn't there some other funky stuff from that Ewoks show? I can't remember.

Malice
Dec 20th, 2002, 01:11:39 PM
Well if it bother's you that much Jeseth, then just simply ask me to change the planet or something. It really doesn't concern me where the temple is in the rp, just as long as there is one.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 20th, 2002, 05:45:35 PM
I sent you a PM about it, Malice. :) Yeah, there was a huge palace there which was built by these evil giants. I think it was destroyed, but there are probably still ruins. They weren't magical or anything though, and the palace would make humans look like ants. So that place wouldn't be of much use for what Malice has in mind... I sent him a link to a planet guide.

Malice
Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:54:36 AM
If i'm thinking of what you guys are thinking about....then the evil giants are called Gorraks(SP?) I remember seeing one of them in one of the ewok movies. Then there was those ugly dudes with the sorceress in another ewok movie.