PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft, move over! A new RTS is in Town!

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:21:22 AM
Ok, after 4 hours of Fun, I decided I could do everything possible in the small Demo. What Demo you might ask? Oh, you don't ask... Crap, and here I was all ready to deliver this stunning drumroll and... never mind. The game is Impossible Creatures. Not very impressive sounding, but eh... This game is pure excitement, with some cool beating Soundtracks Daddy-o.
The Game: You steal animal DNA to mix with other animals.
That sums it up. In Single Player you control a brillant adventurer trying to find your dad, (Your old man is Some world famous genetics guy or somethin). With you is your Father's assitant, who is also brilliant. Well, thats aspect. Here we go on the rest of it. Using the Guy, and his dart gun, you tag animals. Taking the DNA from them. When you have 2 DNA strands you can mix the creatures. YOu get to customize it. Picking what type of head, body, front/back legs, tail, etc you want on your creature. Different Combo's produce different atributes. Example: I mix a Musk Ox with a Bear. Just changing the bodies about a bit, one then had "Gore" attack while the other had "Bite" Those are just normal melee attacks. Some creatures have special, Jump attacks, burrow, swim, stink (skunk). The world is 3D like Warcrafts. Letting you drop down and peak on your little beasties. Oh yeah, did I mention you can hire henchmen? Yep, they are your Harversters and builders of the world. Big Lumbering idiots. The game has over 50 creatures, ending up with 1000+ different looks. The creatures you tag in single player become your genetic building blocks in Multiplayer. Some of my favorite unites in the Premade army:
Killer Ox (Orca Whale mixed with Oxen, able to walk on land) Snowy Shark (Snowy Owl mixed with a Tiger Shark, Ability to Fly! It ain't just the water that holds danger anymore)
And the Lobiger (Lobster Tiger Strong, and has Leap Attack)
The only drawback is you only get 9 Different types of units per-battle. You create the army, and select your 9 best troops. Maybe a upgrade someday might give you more battle choices.

I had as much fun as I did Warcraft, maybe more so. This game has a brighter, almost silly fill to it. It seems more open, and alive then Warcraft 3. And even in Low detail (default for Demo) The graphics are nice. Though, it lacks on the Cinema features big time, but that is not the point. Games are to be played, not viewed.

I recomend downloading the Demo, you can find it here:
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=1827
have fun, and enjoy!

Impossible Creatures, made by Relic Entertainment, Published by Microsoft Gaming.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:14:13 PM
Wow, after a good night sleep, I have reread my post. I was really tired. Well, you know how they say "A picture is worth a thousand words"

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/images/2002/pcnews/022602/impossible/impossible_screen001.jpg

Sanis Prent
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:17:37 PM
I'll stick to Warcraft 3, Galactic Battlegrounds, and Total Annihilation.

Darth Viscera
Dec 19th, 2002, 07:21:34 AM
Galactic Battlegrounds needs a sequel based on the Age of Mythology engine. The ability to build a wall that spans the entire map in *2* clicks is just invaluable. Well, invaluable for a person whose defense is commonly based more on structures than on field armies.

Sean Piett
Dec 19th, 2002, 09:44:09 PM
I'll stick with Warcraft III. I gave Galactic Battlegrounds a shot, but the hit points on buildings in ratio to the damage units do is really bothersome for a Blizzard fan.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 19th, 2002, 11:16:35 PM
Yes, Warcraft 3 is a great game. I just like the 1000+ Possible units that will be in impossible creatures. Just imagine it, the skies darken with Electic Eel/Eagle creatures. Lighting Bolts Blast throughout the screen. From the ground, erupts other monsters. Like Lemming/Porcupines, Able to travel underground with the digging skill. They burst from the ground firing Quail bolts. And then the land based creatures: Elephant Scorpains and such. Poision attacks and massive Gore attacks with horns. Yes, I have seen the Elephant Scrops and the Lemming Porcupine creatures in the act. I just ask you, try out the game. It is a small demo, only releasing in its Lowest Quality Graphics to keep it small. I have already played this game dozens of times, it is just crazy fun.

William Neir
Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:01:07 PM
I just can't give a damn with animals.