PDA

View Full Version : Politically correct seasons greetings

Azhure Darkstone
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:05:03 AM
(something I found somewhere and thought rather clever.)

Politically Correct
Season’s Greetings

Please accept with no obligation, expressed or implied, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the summer solstice holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasions of your choice, or secular practises of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practise religious or secular traditions at all.

I also with you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of a generally accepted calendar for year 2003, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Australia great (not to imply that Australia is greater than any other country or is the only great country in the southern hemisphere or on earth) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

a.
This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal.

b.
It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.

c.
It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself/himself or others, is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

d.
This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and the warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:08:42 AM
And the proper Aussie response is to kick said greeter in the nuts, go back to sinking beer and watching cricket. Who the hell is PC in this place???

:D

Azhure Darkstone
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:25:38 AM
:p

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:51:24 AM
I thought it was quite clever... but then again, I try to make an effort to be politically correct whenever possible.

Azhure Darkstone
Dec 18th, 2002, 03:59:32 AM
If we are being politically correct how do we know that the proper aussie response is Marcus's response? He's one aussie and I'm another and I wouldnt do that. :-P

not trying to pick a fight - dont get the wrong idea - but it's a thought.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:02:23 AM
If we are being politically correct how do we know that the proper aussie response is Marcus's response? He's one aussie and I'm another and I wouldnt do that. :-P

Yes, but I would also be totally at home in Bay 13 of the MCG

Azhure Darkstone
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:06:30 AM
You would yes.
I love the AFL too but not everyone does - they are still aussie.

Carlton rocks...well sucks badly but anyway....

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:10:10 AM
MCG, AFL... I'm lost, guys.

;; Isn't an Aussie. ;;

Azhure Darkstone
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:12:38 AM
our national game. great game.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:32:28 AM
I wouldnt go as far as call AFL our national game... but it's certain fun to watch.

Sort of wondering what watching the Swans play at Stadium Australia would be like.

Azhure Darkstone
Dec 18th, 2002, 05:11:37 AM
hmm...in many ways it is. It's not played anywhere else as soccor and rugby is, so it's purely australian so it could be considered so. On the other side there are so many other sports just as well liked so it could go either way.

Hmm...the swans? Who are they playing?

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 18th, 2002, 05:11:50 AM
Darn Backward Flushing Aussies and the down-under "sports"... Speak Americanize!!!

Azhure Darkstone
Dec 18th, 2002, 05:11:51 AM
hmm...in many ways it is. It's not played anywhere else as soccer and rugby is, so it's purely australian so it could be considered so. On the other side there are so many other sports just as well liked so it could go either way.

Hmm...the swans? against which team?

-sorry dude. I'll try to americanize it if I can - but aussie footy aint very american. I'll try though =)

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 18th, 2002, 06:05:56 AM
Oh, give up on that old and worn out toilet flushing "joke" already. It's not funny the 10,000th time over.

Not sure who the Swans will be playing at Stadium Aussie next year - I think one game at least will be the Bombers. Now, given the Stadium has a bigger ground surface than even the MCG, it will be quite change from the SCG, which is a good deal smaller and with a good deal more atmosphere. The SCG can sit 45,000 and is more enclosed, so it takes less people to make a lot of noise. 45,000 in Stadium Australia is hardly anyone, the place is so big. The whole Olympic Park precinct is staggeringly huge, even 100,000 would hardly make a crowd. Still, 80,000 in the Stadium will be pretty good.

As well, I'm hoping they get some Cricket on in that place. Nothing like a good Day / Nighter for a bit of entertainment

Dae Jinn
Dec 18th, 2002, 09:18:45 AM
AFL - is that aussie rules football? :huh I used to watch that on tv all the time....and, you know, not just for the hot guys, in their nice little shorts....*mops up drool* :mischief

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:08:14 PM
That was only 9,982 times, and I still find it funny every time I watch Simpsons.
Simpsons, where I learned everything I needed to know about Australia!

Ansatsu
Dec 18th, 2002, 04:21:07 PM
I could say something in aussie, but its the only think i know. Here goes.....ROOTIN!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! My eigth grade teacher told me what it means. I bet no one knows what it is. *no help from aussies." LOL!!! Oh thats great.

Azhure Darkstone
Dec 18th, 2002, 05:34:17 PM
Tsk Tsk :|
The R word need not be clarified in it's meaning here. ;)
Nor any other word anyone else knows (not from the simpsons :p)

Hmm, that means more noise needed from the fans if there's more space to fill. Less atmosphere makes for a less enjoyable game (because you probably dont feel like yelling as much as you would the MCG, or crying when they are losing...not that I do that....). The game also relies on atmosphere for people who dont care much for the technicalities.
If it was the bombers who knows, probably they would win against swans considering their reputation.
But, taken to account the size of the Stadium Aussie then Bombers are good kickers, but the field passing and running may be a chance for other teams.
Carlton may finally have a chance - considering they are better as a group with field passes then aiming for the right space in the posts (grumble) and if they dont improve next year someone aint gonna be very happy.