PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts...

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 16th, 2002, 12:12:48 AM
He walked in quietly, his black robes concealing all his features and form...those who knew him would. Those who didn't...too bad. He ordered 2/5th's of JD and sat quietly, waiting for a certain someone to pop in on him as he popped in here...

DarthHERA
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:35:06 PM
She had watched as the man entered, dark robes obscuring a clear view of his features, but there was a certain feeling of "de ja vu" that accompanied the new arrival.

She swirled the rum in the bottom of her glass and finished what little was left. Approaching the bar for the second nightcap of the evening, she took the barstool beside the new arrival and arched an eyebrow in surprise.

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is this a VanDerVeld before me?"

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 17th, 2002, 01:15:44 AM
He grinned under that helmet lightly, and reached toward a small panel on the armour covering his left forearm. He flipped it up and pressed on of three tiny buttons. In a flash of small wizzes, the helemet begna to dismantle itself and store flatly upon the back of his neck. Sure enough, the face that stared back at her was that of Ket Van Derveld. He leaned forward and lightly kissed her cheek. He pulled back quickly of course, and even if she slapped him for it, it wouldn't matter.

"Hera, I do appologize for the kiss...but I have missed you dearly in my absence. But I promise you...I'm back for good now."

He smiled, and even though he was an evil bastard at heart, a cold hearted killer, and murderer of whole families...He still had a soft spot for Hera.

OOC: my damn puter died again about 7-8 months ago. the monitor literaly blew up and the harddrive literaly melted. quite a sit, i tell you. but it took me about 7 months to get the money for new parts. just got back online 2 weeks ago.

DarthHERA
Dec 18th, 2002, 08:35:12 PM
ooc: bummer about your pc. I hate when that happens, lol - things blowing up and melting down etc. But glad to see you back around. Hope you been well and everything.

IC:

As the helmet receded back and the face revealed, Hera indeed recognised the man before her - the unmistakable grin of Ket VanderVeld flashed back at her.

He greeted her with a kiss, in his typical brazen style - last time he'd been so familiar, Hera had caused him physical bodily harm, if she remembered rightly. But she allowed the gesture to pass without such an agressive response. It was after all, a gesture of one friend to another.

"Well, well Ket VanderVeld....thought I'd seen the last of you," She grinned at him to take any offence from her voice, "Guess I cant be that lucky, hm?

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:49:58 AM
Ket grinned right back and played her game, feigning offense.

"Why, i come back, greet you with a kiss and this is what I get? I oughta..."

Ket then chuckled lightly, for he missed these games with Hera ever so much.

"Getting rid of me is harder than training Womp Rats. But, I have come home Hera...Tell me...so you have a mate yet, or has yourlovely personality prevented that from happening?"

Ket grinned wide, shooting one right back at her. It was an honest question though, with just a hint of evil for good measure.

DarthHERA
Dec 19th, 2002, 11:12:00 PM
"A mate?" she smirked ruefully, "Now what would I need that for ? Men just get in the way most the time. You gotta tell them they are pretty and buy them things and such...all so bothersome.." She laughed as she always liked to tease Ket - he was such an easy mark. She liked the easy rapport they seemed to have, it was something they had always shared.

"Besides, I got one or two to keep me company now and then. Lot less complicated, wouldnt you agree?"

She motioned for the bar tender to give her the same as what Ket was drinking, JD....some things always stay the same..

"A toast to your safe return, Ket"

She lifted her glass.

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:47:23 AM
Ket chuckled lightly at Hera.

"Oh come now, we are much easier to deal with then women. You women, always stubborn, leaving the toilet seat down, never being able to pick out your wardrobe in under an hour..."

Ket smiled and winked. Indeed, she was as easy a target to him as he was to her. And he enjoyed it too, they were alwyas like two peas in a pod.

Ket lifted his glass and toasted.

"And to you finding something more than a "booty call' "

Ket chuckled and clinked his glass aganst hers.

DarthHERA
Dec 21st, 2002, 07:44:35 PM
The JD wasnt too bad, and the liquid fire warmed her as she drank, but she waved off the bartender as he made to refill her glass.

Becoming somewhat serious, she turned her cool blue eyes to Ket.

"So, tell me where you've been. You were supposed to be working for SFF at one point. Im not too fond of my employees vanishing without a word. Its not good for business."

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:19:21 PM
Ket nodded lightly to her.

"Hera, I do appologize, but there were many things I had to take care of...things I cannot explain nor wish to delve into."

Ket downed the rest of the Jack, and let out a small, but satisfied sigh.

"But, if you still need someone like me hanging around here, I would be more than happy to..."

DarthHERA
Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:47:18 PM
She eyed him directly. Her glass was empty and so she pushed it aside.

She understood sometimes one had to go and sort life out. Seems Ket had needed to do this.

"Thats good of you to offer, Ket, but I have enough contractors at SFF right now. You should see your family, get re-settled. Take your time to find your place again."

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:40:20 AM
Ket chuckled lightly...

"Well, I have reaquainted with my family. and I am a member of the Sith Order now...but like i said, if need be, don't hesitate to ask."

DarthHERA
Dec 26th, 2002, 06:56:51 PM
*smiles*

"I'll be sure and keep that in mind."

She leant back, resting one elbow on the bar.

"So, you caught up with your family.....you realise we are almost related now eh."

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 26th, 2002, 08:13:45 PM
"Indeed. Although, I do not know when the wedding is scheduled..."

Ket smiled and took the new glass of JD handed to him from the server. He sipped it lightly.

"I think I'm the only Van Derveld not good with women..."

Ket grinned and had to laugh.

DarthHERA
Dec 26th, 2002, 09:23:19 PM
"I wouldnt say that. Looks to me like you wouldnt have much trouble."

She watched him drink down the JD.

"As to the wedding, I dont know either. Im sure I will hear all in good time. It is sure to be quite an event."

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 27th, 2002, 04:13:30 AM
"Quite an event? Come now Hera! a Lupine Dark Jedi and a Evil little woman to be wed! and the family....Lupine Sith, Mercanarys...truely a gathering of the scum of the earth, if I do say so myself."

Ket chuckled as he finished the last of the glass, winking to Hera.

"I mean, it should be quite the bloodbath!"

Ket had to laugh.

DarthHERA
Dec 29th, 2002, 05:47:18 PM
"Bloodbath?" Hera looked at him for a moment.

"Well...maybe for those who cant handle their JD....."

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 30th, 2002, 04:51:19 AM
"You were never one to get my twisted sense of humor, Hera..."

Ket smiled lightly.

"And I can handle my JD just fine."

DarthHERA
Dec 30th, 2002, 02:33:02 PM
"Really?" She signaled for the server to top Kets drink once again.

"Shall we see?" A wicked grin caught the corners of her lips.

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 30th, 2002, 10:25:54 PM
Ket had to grin. Another of Hera's little 'endurance' tests. This should prove to be fun. He motioned for the server to bring s full bottle and another glass. He poured two finger's worth and slid it over to her.

"Perhaps, we shall see for the both of us, eh?"

Ket evily laughed, his face the picture of amusement.

DarthHERA
Dec 30th, 2002, 10:57:41 PM
"Well, Im not that well aquainted with ol 'Jack, but never let it be said I refused such an easy challenge..."

She took her glass and downed the contents with a flourish.

Ket Van Derveld
Dec 31st, 2002, 12:04:01 AM
Ket grinned and let the Jack slide down his throat like water as he poured them both another glass.

"So, do you think you can handle it?"

DarthHERA
Dec 31st, 2002, 12:16:31 AM
She simply smiled and refilled his glass.

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 1st, 2003, 02:22:34 AM
Ket winked as he downed another glass. His speech was still perfect, his motor skills still fully operational.

"Well, your turn, my dear."

DarthHERA
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:38:41 PM
She topped her glass, and refilled Kets, setting the bottle once again on the bar surface.

"You look different than when I last saw you, Ket."

She drank from her drink, but only emptied half.

"You dont seem the same.."

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 1st, 2003, 10:20:14 PM
Ket chuckled lightly as he downed another glass of the brown liquid. Pouring them both another glass, he stood for a moment. He took his long, black robes off his person, and set them on the back of his chair, revealing the gun metal grey armour in all it's splendor and glory. True, he was smaller than he used to be, but not by much. He tapped his left forearm, and the whole of the armour began to "melt" off him much like the helmet had earlier. After a few moments, the armour was a 1' by 1' cube in Ket's hand. Ket tapped it and is flashed bright blue for a moment before he set it down. He had armed the security counter measures. anyone who touched it would be deep fried in seconds. placing it upon the table, He streached lightly. He was garbed in the attire Hera knew him best in. olvie drab tank top, green cammoflage pants, and patent leather combat boots, his dog tags hanging off his neck. Ket sat back down and used a finger to puch the glass to Hera with a grin.

"I'm not the same exactly, no. Iv'e grown older...wiser. I know more now than perhaps even you do about the galaxy. Life's been good and bad all at the same time for me."

DarthHERA
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:09:37 PM
"Older and wiser?" She arched an eyebrow. She just hated the way Ket talked to her like she was a child..just made her want to slap him! But he'd like that, and it would only encourage him to do it all the more.

She noted his armor, and she hadnt seen its like before. Nice.

Giving his dog tags a flick, sending them to spin around his neck on their chain and drop down his back.

"Im sure you have seen and done many things Ket, but there is only one thing you really need to know.."

She downed her JD.

"You are no match for me."

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 2nd, 2003, 10:16:10 PM
Ket chuckled lightly. He downed another glass and then spoke.

"Your absolutely correct, I am no match for you, Hera..."

Ket then sipped the next glass and grinned as he continued.

"I'm no match for you because I am way out of your leauge."

Ket winked as he felt Hera's emotions flare at that comment...

DarthHERA
Jan 5th, 2003, 12:21:20 AM
"I take it back.."

She sat back and grinned at him.

"....the part where I disagreed that you weren't good with women. You were right after all."

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:14:54 PM
"And to think you doubted the sincerity of that statement earlier. tsk tsk, Hera. You should know better than to think I would lie to you."

Ket chuckled lightly.

"I was never good with women, and I doubt I ever will be. After all, I think Vega got the lion's share of savvy when it comes to the female pursuasion. I on the other hand, got most of the brute strength and alot of the brains."

Ket refilled his glass and then one for Hera, sliding it to her. He downed the glass of Jack, and licked his lips lightly.

"So, tell me, Hera...do I still catch your fancy at all? Or would I be barking up the wrong tree, no pun intended."

DarthHERA
Jan 5th, 2003, 08:07:02 PM
She took the glass and lifted it.

"You know I dont fancy anyone, Ket. Its not my style."

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 8th, 2003, 07:01:20 AM
Ket tipped his glass and uttered 'So noted' before downing the contents. He wondered, how it was that he could come to fall in love with a woman who wouldn't show him any semblence of love back. Ket shook his head lightly. So many questions, such little time. Ket must have been going on his 7th or 8th glass, two fingers worth of course, by now. Pouring two fingers worth into his glass for the 9th time, he looked to Hera, with a smile.

"So, how has business been as of late?"

DarthHERA
Jan 11th, 2003, 10:18:26 PM
She watched him down another shot, and refill again. She as yet, had had only a couple. Ket hadnt seemed to notice that.

She was cold-hearted, she knew. It was nothing new. And Ket, of all people, knew it better than anyone. Why he kept coming back, was beyond her understanding.

She played with her glass a little, as she replied.

"Business is good. Better than good. I am part of the CIS, Confederacy of Independant Systems, which does wonders for SFF cloak of respectability. It allows me to operate in much wider circles with the benefit of legitimate contracts for cover." She took a drink, before continuing.

"The only drawback so far, is having the company of a few Cizeracks here on-Base. You met any of them freaking felinoids yet?"

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 13th, 2003, 12:53:27 AM
Ket chuckled lightly. He had noticed she had only had a few. Didn;t really make a bit of differance. His Lupine blood would keep him sober for much longer than she would think. And She was cold, but the cold she possessed would not decrease the amount of loving warmth he had for her. He just knew how disguise it better than she might expect.

"Indeed, I have. Cizeracks are an odd race of beings. Although, being a Lupine, I get an urge to chase them up a tree every now and then..."

He winked with a chuckle as he sipped more JD.

DarthHERA
Jan 13th, 2003, 01:27:19 AM
*laughing*

"I'd pay good money to see that"

*she looked around to see if Nasseeri was around..*

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:28:10 PM
"And you wonder why I keep coming back..."

Ket chuckled lightly and sipped his Jack with reverance.

DarthHERA
Jan 13th, 2003, 11:58:19 PM
The laughing trailed off and the two sat for a moment, each drinking from their glass, each with their own thoughts.

After a moment more, Hera was the one who spoke.

"How did you come by that armor?"

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 14th, 2003, 11:47:46 AM
Ket grinned. He knew she would ask about it eventualy. And since she was a friend, he would tell her a bit about it...

"Coruscant. 2 years ago. I was hired to do a raid on Coruscant Machinery, Inc. A former employee was rather pissed off because he had been 'screwed' by the higher ups there and wanted me to take half the place out. And he paid in advance. So, I went in there, and I happened to stumble across there R&D department. The part where they make the new weaponry and armour. That armour of mine is a CMI prototype, medium power armour. Hevily modified and most of the bugs worked out, though."

Ket chuckled lightly.

"After all...it's good cover. When people see this armor and what it can do, they usualy sterotype me as a normal mercanary."

DarthHERA
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:50:53 PM
"They think you a mercenary, rather than a Sith, is that what you mean?"

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 15th, 2003, 01:26:05 AM
"Indeed. I have tread domain where most Sith would be killed instantly under the cover of this armour. Blocks bio-electric signals. i.e: blocks your force signiture. And it can send out a flase one as well. i.e: I can change my force signiture to that of a normal, everday human. Comes in handy."

OOC: I LOVE the user title!!

DarthHERA
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:33:42 PM
ooc: :lol I finally thought of one.

Hera had never heard of such technology and was skeptical.

"It can block a force signature entirely?"

She quirked an eyebrow, eyeing the armor closely.

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:48:55 PM
Ket grinned lightly. He took the 1 foot cube and placed it in his hand. Tapping the little blue button, the armour began to "melt" onto his skin, covering him entirely from head to toe. Ket then looked over his H.U.D. and tapped his forearm lightly. He had engaged the bio-electric feedback module. Then he tapped his forearm again and the helmet "melted" away, storing flatly on the back of his neck.

"Well...'feel' for yourself. Try and sense what I am."

DarthHERA
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:54:48 PM
Hera slapped a hand to Ket's forehead, rocking him a little in his seat and causing his feet to lift of the floor, ala-gospel style.

"Im sensing you are a LUPINE SITH JD-SWILLING JEDI HATER!"

She dropped her hand as Ket batted it away, not really appreciating her humor.

She chuckled by way of apology.

"Sorry, ok - I'll be serious (too many shots tonight maybe)"

She let her laughter die off and then looked frankly across at Ket. This was difficult, as she knew Ket, knew who he was, so she needed to try to locate him purely via the force, ignoring the fact that he was sitting physically next to her.

Closing her eyes to help her accomplish this, she reached out her senses and realised the 'feeling' she was getting was all distorted. There was no real form or solid signature to latch on to.

"Hm...interesting."

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:31:47 PM
"Keep searching for me Hera..."

Ket tapped his forearm and disengaged the bio-electric feedback module. She could now 'see' him through the force, clear as day.

"Like I said...handy little peice of mchinery I have here..."

DarthHERA
Jan 17th, 2003, 10:52:53 PM
"Very handy" she agreed.

She drank the last drops from her glass, and stood up.

"Its great to see you again, Ket. Its good to have you back in town."
She smiled at him, and was sincere in her remark.

"But, as I am a workin girl, I must take my leave of you for now. I hope you wont be a stranger to ShadowFaene. You are welcome anytime."

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 18th, 2003, 03:49:19 PM
Ket stood up and smiled.

"As always, a pleasure, Hera. And I have a feeling that we shall see more of one another. Call it a hunch. After all, you never know when ya might need me around."

DarthHERA
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:23:28 AM
A rueful smile tugged at her lips.

"I'll be keeping that in mind."

She tossed the bartender a look, "Put the drinks on the Faene tab - an old friend needn't pay."

One last grin to Ket and some parting advice as she walked out the door.

"Be good, now."

Ket Van Derveld
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:23:47 AM
Ket grinned.

"Be evil, later."

Ket gave her a kiss on the cheek and then tapped his forearm, Helmet encasing his head. He nodded, and then made his way out.

"You know where to fine me...Just ask Daiq."

And then, Ket was gone. In his ship and then up into the sky out into space. Time for a new adventure, you might say.