PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Online Capabilities?

Jedieb
Dec 15th, 2002, 10:31:01 AM
Just what are the online gaming capabilities of the PS2? Mine's in the box until X-Mas so I don't know what it can do online. I've seen commercials for a military game that can be played online. I was just wondering if anyone here has used their PS2 to play online.

JMK
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:44:12 PM
I don't know if the PS2 has that capability yet. Maybe the modem is out, but I don't know for sure.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Dec 16th, 2002, 02:48:02 AM
PS2 Online Play has already started among the Sports games and SOCOM: Navy Seals. Which from what I heard is awesome. Still, In my opinion, shooting games should stay with a mouse and keyboard setting.

Darth Viscera
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:37:50 AM
Don't forget to rent (or buy) the TTT game and play as Legolas-whip out your bow, spend 1 second aiming, let fly, and you have a dead orc. It's awesome! Legolas can clear a room of Orcs in under 10 seconds given 5 feet of space, exactly like the scene at Amon Hen in the LOTR movie.

can't be played online AFAIK but it's awesome nonetheless.

Shawn
Dec 16th, 2002, 08:00:41 AM
Do you have a broadband connection? If not, I wouldn't even worry about online gaming.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:03:54 PM
Don't forget to rent (or buy) the TTT game and play as Legolas-whip out your bow, spend 1 second aiming, let fly, and you have a dead orc. It's awesome! Legolas can clear a room of Orcs in under 10 seconds given 5 feet of space, exactly like the scene at Amon Hen in the LOTR movie.
Stick to the goddamn topic, thanks.

Sony's Online offerings, with the exception of Navy Seals; Socom, looks absolutely weak in comparison to the X-Box and it's Live! service, which already has a bunch of functional titles available.

Although an awful lot of people still think of the Microsoft's console as a Halo -> TV adapter.

JMK
Dec 16th, 2002, 05:21:13 PM
Yeah, Viscera you're dead on. Drilling Uruk-Hai at Amon-Hen is soooo cool. Too bad you can run out of arrows. :\