PDA

View Full Version : AotC DVD commentary

JMK
Dec 14th, 2002, 09:16:40 PM
Has anyone listened to it yet? It's pretty interesting when Lucas speaks, but I could do without the effects talk. Something that I totally overlooked when watching AotC is when Obi Wan parks on that asteroid, the only person to not be fooled by Han Solo's similar move was Boba Fett. Why? Because Boba was there when Obi Wan pulled it off. Very cool. :)

ReaperFett
Dec 14th, 2002, 09:40:52 PM
My favourite part is someone wondering how Obi would bring Jango back :)

Oriadin
Dec 15th, 2002, 10:01:33 AM
I liked the bit about Jango banging his head best.

JMK
Dec 15th, 2002, 11:57:21 PM
Yeah, that is hilarious too. The part you mentioned Reap was also quite relevant. Thank God Obi Wan never had to bring him back...doesn't Yoda think of these things? Or did he assume that Obi Wan would slave-circuit the Slave 1?

Something I never noticeded while actually watching the movie was when Mace beheads Jango, Jango tried to fire his rocketpack, and it (obviously) malfunctioned, so that's why he looked so stupid in getting his melon lopped off.

Jedieb
Dec 17th, 2002, 09:26:54 AM
I still haven't listened to the commentary. I'll probably sit down and listen to it during the holiday break. Who else is on it besides Lucas and McCallum?

JMK
Dec 17th, 2002, 09:35:50 AM
Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, John Knoll, Ben Snow & maybe a couple others that I can't remember. But those are the guys that talk the most. I pretty much only really cared when Lucas was talking though. Coleman is just talking gloating about the subtleties in the CG characters' performances.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 17th, 2002, 11:56:15 PM
Some of the visual stuff was interesting though Lucas was the most intersting. Also he confirmed that Stormtroopers are Clones, that ends that debate. He also mentioned that there was a surprise still of who deleted Kamino from the archives. I found that interesting was he saying that because at the time, we didn't know Dooku was bad or is there another person who did it, another traitor? Also he did confirm Qui-Gon and said it will be revealed in the Ep 3 about that.

JMK
Dec 18th, 2002, 01:47:19 AM
Those are the tidbits of info that make Lucas the most interesting to listen to. I can't wait to find out who erased the info from the archive memory (it may not be as simple as Dooku or Palpatine).

I also can't wait to see what happened with Qui Gon and his contact with Yoda.

Jedieb
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:08:48 AM
I'm really anxious to listen to that commentary now. That Stormtrooper info is a neat bit. It pretty much flies in the face of a lot of EU stuff, but that's an old discussion. I wonder if there's another traitor in the council? Could it be someone that we would never suspect? Perhaps, dare I say it, M...a....c......e....?!!!

Oriadin
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:17:36 AM
You want a reak conspiracy, its gotta be Yoda! :lol

JMK
Dec 19th, 2002, 10:21:48 AM
I've been thinking alot about it too. I'm thinking that Qui Gon is the one that deleted the info from the archives. He was probably still loyal to his master, and if he had any contact with Dooku, Qui Gon probably agreed with him that the Republic would eventually need an army. It probably wouldn't have seemed like a big deal to delete Kamino if it meant the security of the galaxy, I mean check out this line to back up my claim: "I shall do what I must, Obi Wan". Also, he's no stranger to keeping secrets:"The Queen doesn't need to know", so if he did actually erase Kamino from the records, he wouldn't have told a soul. And he was killed 10 years prior to the events of AotC. Of course, Obi Wan would have put two and two together, but no one knew that Dooku was Tyranus, and aside from Palpatine, they still don't. I really believe that (and always have believed) that Qui Gon wasn't finished in this trilogy and that he would still be responsible for some event, and I really think that this is that event. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:26:24 PM
The only problem with that is that Qui-Gon really didn't have the time, he seemed very busy in TPM and I have a feeling the record was deleted after his death anyway. The problem is we don't know when Palpatine/Sidious decided to use Kamino for building his clone army, and second we don't know when Dooku joined his ranks. As far as another traitor, I always wondered about Ki-Adi, heck might as well give him some big moment in the triology. As for Qui-Gon I don't think he is done at all, I think he has a role to play in Episode 3, I have a feeling we will see him as a spirt, he might even reveal the way to Yoda and Obi-Wan on how to do it. I also think he will try to stop Anakin from going over but that is just speculation on my part.