PDA

View Full Version : Where are the OT next gen games?

Jedieb
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:10:48 PM
I generally approach video games from a SW point of view. Aside from Tetris, if it's not a SW game I have little interest in it. I'm just not a gamer. Over 3/4 of the video games I have are SW related. That's why it's so heartbreaking to me why we haven't seen any new games based on the OT. We haven't had squat since the Super Nintendo series. WHY? Those games were big hits and a blast to play. Can you imagine how much fun it would be to play along to the OT story lines with today's current systems? I can see why hardcore gamers could care less, but for guys like me it's a constant craving.

Does anyone think we'll see new versions of ANH, ESB, or ROTJ anytime soon?

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:15:04 PM
Well, it depends on what the OT does outside of the gaming world, I think. Harry Potter games are out because Harry Potter is a good book series and people liked the movies.

and maybe once the whole Star Wars saga is complete, they might make a videogame to span the whole thing. It all depends on how people react, I suppose.

Jedieb
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:19:19 PM
I think the games would have to broken up by the films. Would it be possible to squeeze everything into a single game? Even if it were, why would you do that when you know there are freaks like me out there would buy all 3 or 6 games as opposed to one giant SW title.:crack

JMK
Dec 14th, 2002, 09:27:36 PM
Unfortunately I think we're stuck with what we have until the Prequels are done. :\

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 14th, 2002, 10:01:00 PM
More or less. Once Episodes I and II can be linked to the OT by Episode III, I think it is, then maybe we'll see some more of the OT.

Jedieb
Dec 15th, 2002, 10:28:27 AM
I wouldn't mind the long wait, I just want some sign of light at the end of this tunnel. Waiting until the prequels are done makes sense. You'd want to get games for the prequels and their characters now while they're hot. But once we're done with EP3 it would make sense to go back to the OT. I'd really like to go into some ice caves on Dagobah and start hacking away at some Wampa's. :)

JMK
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:48:18 PM
Ice caves on Dagobah? Wampas? No wonder the holes in Yoda's hut were so small! No one could get to him! :lol

I hope they do something out of this world for the next gen OT games. But here's something we haven't thought of yet: By the time they do come around, PS2, X-Box and Gamecube will probably be obsolete and outdated. :(

I would love to take on more star destroyers in an X-Wing, or tackle more AT-AT's, fly through an asteroid field with the Falcon, or evade the Super Star Destroyer.

Jedieb
Dec 15th, 2002, 08:43:48 PM
Using Dagobah instead of Hoth, once again I prove I'm a danger to myself and others when I'm off my meds!o_O

JMK
Dec 15th, 2002, 11:40:17 PM
:lol