PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Foundations: The Will of an Admiral (complete)

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:07:54 AM
That's one, Kiterix thought as he sipped his tea and sat in his office on Bin Prime. Millard's castle was destroyed, and now...and now the vaunted Shadow Squadron was under his control.

It was so delightable he thought he was in a dream. And he had control of all his dreams. Kiterix remembered one quite fondly...he'd taken command of the Superior and forced Millard to serve him tea and crumpets while wearing an ensign uniform. Then he'd forced a nice blond to...

His intercom *beeped* interupting his dream.

"Yes Ms. Harkenton?"

"Emperor, your next appointment is here to see you."

"Thank you Ms. Harkenton, send him in please."

Kiterix rose as the guest walked in.

"Rear Admiral Vorrann...welcome," he gave his best smile.

"Thank you for coming so quickly."

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 14th, 2002, 10:39:44 PM
The Rear Admiral entered, his uniform spotless and creased in nearly every place it should, as if taken directly out of the press. His insignia was gleaming, and his jackboots polished to a glaring shine.

His hair had been cropped to that there was a barely four centimeters per strand, each small thread seeming to droop from his head. As the line descended onto his neck, it became near shaved. His jaw was strong and his pose stern. His eyes pierced and his tone reverberated throughout the office.

" My Lord," the Rear Admiral said, bowing slightly and bringing himself to a parade rest ahead of the Balmorran Emperor's desk. His feet were slightly apart but not bereft of a discipline stature, his arms rigidly placed behin his back so that his elbows appeared to be angular steel joints.

The wonder of why he was there, before the Political Commander of his new, chosen home had not ceased, and instead grew as he strode the halls of the capital.

Why he had not merely passed orders through the HoloNet, High Command, or Grand Admiral Millard he did not know, but he was sure he was going to find out.

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:19:44 PM
"Please have a seat Admiral," Kiterix smiled, "You are allowed to have a seat."

Kiterix poured two glasses of brandy and set one in front of Vorrann.

"Have a drink also," then he sipped from his glass.

"How are you adjusting to your life here?"

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:34:02 PM
The Admiral arched an eyebrow, and quickly stifled his thoughts. He then had a most unpleasing one: any other man with such a patronizing tone would have been shot.

The Admiral came to attention, and then relaxed to his seat. He crossed his legs in a gentlemenly manner and took the brandy in hand.

" Sir, I misunderstand the question. If you mean, am I happy with the prospect of fighting my fellow Imperials one day when some errant warlord decides he wants more, or that the men I called comrades I now may be forced to kill, then no. If you ask am I happy with this factionalization of the Empire, then again, no.

" Balmorra itself, however, well, this is my first time on it. I do not spend mcuh time on a planet these days. My warships are my homes, my crew my family. As for adjusting, however, you are my liege, and Grand Admiral Millard my commander. What you command I will do, my feelings irrelevant. I am not high enough in command for feelings to matter.

" But since you ask, I enjoy it. My ship, the Vengeance, has finished its refits and is ready for action, so I am adjusting well."

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:39:24 PM
This is going to be more difficult than Xilarian was. But I think this will work.

He nodded and smiled, "Good I'm happy we were able to get the repairs done.

"The reason I ask is this...Grand Admiral Millard has disappeared. And I'm not certain how long he will be the military commander of our forces here in the Balmorran Empire.

"I need someone to take his place when that happens."

He took a drink, "I think you know where I'm getting at Admiral."

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:49:58 PM
The Admiral placed his glass on the desk, his demeanor much more confident than his inner sanctum.

" Should Grand Admiral Millard fall in the line of duty, I would be more than willing to stand in his place. But I could never replace him. Nor could I do so against his will. I am an Imperial, Kiterix, and no more. I am ambitious, yes, but treacherous I am not. The machinations of government frighten me, hence why I wear the uniform of an Admiral rather than a Moff.

" However, if Grand Admiral Millard should become incapacitated, then I would do as ordered. No more, and no less. Victory is the Empire's no, and forever.

" In whatever form it finds itself."

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:53:47 PM
"Tell me," Kiterix asked, "How do you feel about getting your orders from a simple Commodore? You are a Rear Admiral and thus over rank Commodore Tomar, even if he is the one Millard would want to replace him.

"Does that bother you ever?"

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:03:11 AM
" Commodore Tomar is the Grand Admiral's chief of staff. While in the service to the Empire, I have taken order from Lieutenants who merely typed orders that Admirals signed. Command is an odd thing. As long as an order is given in the authority of an Admiral, and my superior, I have no reason to complain...nor do I have the privilege.

" I do not know if you ever wore a uniform, but orders are orders, and not to be disobeyed.

" Commodore Tomar is a man with an impressive record and more decorations than I have. His experience overshadows my own. In my opinion, sir, he is more deserving of this offer than I.

" While his rank might not be senior, his performance is. I would defer to him if I could. But if there is some reason that he is not to be promoted, and the Grand Admiral isout of action or placed in reserve honorably, than I can assume that role.

" To again answer your question my rank and responsibility do not allow me the opportunity to be bothered."

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:09:08 AM
Kiterix nodded, "I do see a problem though, when the change takes place. Commodore Tomar will undoubtably want to take his mentor's place.

"And I wish to make a change...Tomar might not like it. He might even respond violently. I need someone who can deal with him were that to take place."

By jove I just might have him. Hook, line, and sinker.

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:34:46 AM
Vorran looked on coldly.

" An order is an order. The price for disobedience will not change. To usurp an order and alter the successful dictated therin will result in military punishment for such:

" Summary field execution."

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:36:46 AM
"Then if that happen," Kiterix continued, "Will you stand by me...full Admiral Sarin Vorrann?"

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:46:48 AM
" I shall not go back on my oath, Emperor. I will serve the Empire to my dying day. If any resists because their commander is dead, then I shall exhort them to follow their banner, not their leader. If they resist still, they shall be dealt with as I would have under the Bastion Sector Fleet.

" Who will deliver the Euology for the Grand Admiral? Where he be lain to rest?"

There was almsot a tear in Vorrann's eye, at the thought of a departed man, who in only a matter of months he considered a friend, and respcted.

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:58:40 AM
He thinks Millard is dead? Kiterix kept himself from laughing out loud, or even showing a sign of amusement.

"Grand Admiral Millard isn't dead," he said, taking another sip, "He has simply disappeared. But he also left this for me to view."

Kiterix handed Vorrann a letter...in Taylor handwriting, which said he was considering retirement in the near future. It also mentioned Loklorien s'Ilancy, but only in passing.

"You see why I am looking for a replacement. If Millard's disappearance is because of this woman...he has no business being in command of the military.

"I believe we need some new blood in command. And someone who can command with honor and decency. Someone such as yourself."

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 15th, 2002, 01:08:09 AM
The Admiral snapped and leapt to his feat, placing both hands firmly on the desk ahead of the Emperor.

" Do not insult Grand Admiral Millard. It is not the duyt of politicians to make military policy. Every man, officer and not, is entitled to leave. Not a privilige, it is a right of service.

" It does not matter that he is gone in search of a woman. A man who does yurn for love does not deserve command. The presence thereof shows his men he is human, and more deserving of their respect, himself not that different from them.

The Admiral strode away, and immediately slowed down, pacing across the room deliberately.

" However, that the Grand Admiral left without formally placing anyone in command does raise eybrows. Have you had the letter tested? Could he have been abducted? My first act as actign military commander shall be to find Millard. He is an asset, and must be returned to us. I doubt very much, despite my previous words, that the Grand Admiral would have abandoned his responsibilites willingly."

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 15th, 2002, 01:39:01 AM
"Do not worry about Millard, Admiral Vorrann," Kiterix motioned for him to sit.

"If Millard wishes to be in search of Loklorien s'Ilancy then he may search for her."

He leaned forward in his seat, "The fact of the matter is this...Commodore Tomar has been doing...unsavory things to the Empire. Something even I wouldn't have thought him capable of..."

A datapad went infront of Sarrin. It was a copy of a message sent to Senator Helenias Evenstar of the New Republic.

Dear Senator,
There are grievences going on in the Balmorran Empire that cannot go on for much longer. I wish to have Balmorra join the New Republic since we are closest to the New Republic and our wardroid production can help your battle against the Imperial Forces too.

Again, I wish to join the New Republic and take my forces and the Balmorran Empire with you.

Commodore Tomar

Kiterix looked at Vorrann.

"You see why I'm worried."

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 15th, 2002, 02:07:44 AM
Had the Admiral been anrgy at the Emperor for his insuation before, he was rageful at the document before him. The treachery! The vile betrayer himself! The Archfiend in an Imeprial uniform.

His teeth clenched together, his jaw set and eyes bruning a passion for vengeance, Vorran said," Tomar will die."

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 15th, 2002, 02:40:35 AM
He had him. And Kiterix knew it. Vorrann's loyalty was as nauseating as Millard's and Tomar's.

But blind loyalty could be exploited. Just as Xazor's hatred of the Sith was exploited, so was Vorrann's of the New Republic. Of course, Vorrann would have to be removed after the war was over...after all...when Kiterix joined the New Republic, the Admiral would rebel.

But he could handle that. Just as he was handling the Admiral now.

But now to placate him...

"No...he won't die...not yet."

Kiterix saw the expression on Vorrann's face, "There's an easier way of handling this. Let Tomar believe what he believe. But, with your help, I can move commanders who I know are loyal to the Empire into positions of power.

"That way, if Tomar tries to rebel we can stop him. There is corruption in the Balmorran Empire...Do you see why I need someone to replace Millard?

"His loyalty to Tomar blinds his judgement."

He held out his hand, "Will you join me to fight this corruption?"

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 15th, 2002, 10:25:07 AM
" A Grand Admiral does not have misplaced loyalties. But, he may have been deceived: traitors possess an almost implacable auroa that can ensnare the most devout of officers.

" Tomar may remain in his position for now, but I shall promote him and reassign his duties to a non combat posting, perhaps as head of logistics. Should he rebel and that department be crippled, our warships are self sustaining for some time, enough so that the supply network can be rebuilt. I shall compose his entire staff and command of Intelligence and Security agents. His every action shall be monitored, his very contact recorded. Rebellion of any kind shall be quashed by the firm hand of Imperial Justice.

" His conspirators shall be put to death. If I ever learn of anyone attempting to betray the Empire, especially in this shattered state, I shall eliminate them and all they know shall be wiped clean from the universe. Rebellion itself is repugnant. I just think of the three million men killed in both Death Stars to preserve order, and my fervor is reinforced.

" Tomar shall die the moment he steps out of line. And I myself shall pull the trigger!"

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 15th, 2002, 04:02:31 PM
"Instead of promoting him," Kiterix said, "Simply reassign him. He needs no explanation from the new commander of all Balmorran Military Forces."

He finished his glass, "You may inform him yourself if you wish."

Hook.

Line.

Sinker.

That's two.

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 15th, 2002, 10:39:24 PM
The Admiral stood and gazed down at his Emperor.

" I shall, my Lord. It shall be done. By your leave, I shall return to the Vengeance and make a Fleet announcement. The flag shall be moved to my command ship and a message broadcast to the men of the Fleet. They deserve it."

The Admiral turned on his heel and begun walking away, but then stopped and barely looked of Kiterix. His answer to the question would either solidify or shatter the Admiral's conclusions.

" What of the Superior?"

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:44:43 AM
"That decision is up to you. Shadow Squadron is currently being transferred from the Superior to the new Super Star Destroyer Draconian."

He took a final sip of his brandy, "The ship is not needed. You may reassign the command crew if you wish. I'm certain an overhaul of all of its systems may be done as well.

"The decision is yours Admiral. You are the military commander now."

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:24:02 PM
" I will move my flag to the Draconian. It would serve as an example to the disloyal. The appearence of a Super-class Star Destroyer can cow an Empire. The Superior shall be overhauled, of course. I doubt she has had a refit since her return from the Unknowns.

" Her crew will remain, but ISB operatives will replace all losses in their ranks. I will find Millard and I will eliminate the treasonous virus that is spreading. I vow it. I shall or fall."

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:28:53 PM
Kiterix nodded, "Let us hope you succeed Admiral. Even now I am receiving Intelligence reports which suggest there are those moving against us near Kyrinos.

"These raiders are a bit more...organized than normal. There is one man I do suggest you get to know better...Silus Xilarian the commander of Shadow Squadron.

"While he does not know the treasonous acts done by Tomar, he is trustworthy. I suggest you get to know the newly promoted General better. Is that understood Admiral?"

Sarin Vorrann
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:37:48 PM
" Perfectly."

Vorran was going to make his second sojounr from the room when a dramatic tendenacy tinged at him he could not resist.

At the door, he turned and looked the Emperor dead in his eyes.

" I am the Supreme Commander now. Stay out of my way, and every last Rebel saluting Imperial will find themselves part of a drifting monument to the stupidity of treachery. Do not tie my hands."

Vorrann saluted and departed, deciding to make a stop at the Requistion centre for new insignia.

Then he would see Commodore Tomar.

Tyrel Kiterix
Dec 27th, 2002, 10:44:37 PM
Kiterix smiled.

"Hook, line, and sinker," he mummured to himself, "Hook, line, and sinker."

The Balmorran Emperor took a seat behind his desk, and leaned back.

"So I'm not to tie your hands eh? We shall see, Mister Vorrann...especially after you meet the Starkillers. I believe you will like being a part of them.

"Oh yes indeed."

Then, pressing a button on his comm, he signalled someone he had to speak with.