PDA

View Full Version : New X-Men 2 trailer - A test of your annoyance tenure?

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 05:58:21 AM
If you go to Yahoo movies, they have the "new" trailer up. And after having the fun of the words BUFFERING constantly, I find out I saw most of it in the Comicon footage. How dumb.

Dae Jinn
Dec 13th, 2002, 08:34:03 AM
That and the screen they play it on is super tiny >_<

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 08:41:53 AM
I believe that if you said you had a better modem, it would be (a) bigger (slide show)

Dae Jinn
Dec 13th, 2002, 08:48:20 AM
I said I had a (cable) modem and it was still really small :\

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 08:55:25 AM
Well, its on US TV tonight, so should be easier to see in the next few days.

Shawn
Dec 13th, 2002, 09:09:30 AM
I had no trouble viewing it. It buffered in under 5 seconds for me. The quality was atrocious... it made it difficult to make out what was going on in some scenes.

Like you said, there was very little in the way of new material... maybe they're trying not to reveal too much before it premieres?

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 09:19:16 AM
Maybe. I do know we see some extra stuff though.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 09:53:17 AM
It does seem different from the Con footage but the yahoo thing is awful. I wonder if you can get it from somewhere else. Its suppose to be in front of Lord of the Rings right?

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 09:58:36 AM
its on TTT, its on TV in the US tonight, and Id expect a better version this weekend.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 10:04:32 AM
Cool, the middle part is different, more dialogue, and I think I saw Nightcrawler though I could barely make him out. I saw Iceman making a wall of snow in front of somebody and I think I saw Lady Deathstrike with her claws out. I can't wait for tonight to see a better version.

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 12:55:53 PM
I finally got it to keep running, and leant rrrrrrrrrrright forward. Nightcrawler seems great :)

And yes Carr, I saw Deathstrike too :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:51:08 PM
I know it was like a slide show and some the dialogue was muffled, I couldn't tell what Storm was saying to Wolverine. One thing I can't understand who is Rogue telling Bobby to kill?? And Wolverine says no, have no clue what is going on there.

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:57:25 PM
I think Rogue says "THey're going to kill him". I think I know what's going on, but wont spoil:)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 04:06:56 PM
Okay I must have misheard, the sound was very garbled, I will get a better view of it when it comes on ET later.

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 04:15:24 PM
Yeah. I think it was in the Comicon footage btw

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 06:23:27 PM
I just saw it on ET, and well ET messed it up of course they only showed half, and through most of it we had to hear the reporter comment on it. Hopefully Access Hollywood will have the whole thing. Has anybody found another link to it yet that is not as crummy as Yahoo?

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 06:26:10 PM
Last showing of ET + 30mins should suffice.

And hey, could be worse. I hear at the MTV showing of TTT, they had a camera with FULL light, interviewing people throughout, and inturrupted the end :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 06:28:10 PM
Man that would suck, if they did that I think I would pop the cameraman.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 06:30:37 PM
Hey I found a version here its not quicktime but its better than Yahoo, I found it off the X2 board on Coming Attractions,

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/twiztidthorn/files/

You have to join the group and have to be a member of yahoo, I am downloading now to find out if its worth it.

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 06:34:42 PM
Heh, I go Coming Attractions :)

And that TTT thing is made worse considering you can buy Nightvision cameras :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 07:21:19 PM
I wouldn't bother with that link its stop at about 20%, hopefully something else will be up by tonight. There was a rumor that the official site was going to release it for Quicktime tonight, I hope that is true.

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 07:30:49 PM
It'll be this weekend most likely. And if not, we'll get ET rips :)

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 09:08:17 PM
Carr, same thread, he reuploaded it. and GOOD!

Let's see(Maybe some minor spoilers):

Nightcrawler KICKS REAR! :D
We MIGHT also see him Teleport, he's either just BAMFed or fallen through a wall :)
I believe we see Magneto getting beaten by a guard
Rogue says "They're going to kill him, Bobby!"
Notice the Darker Cerbero
And what appears to be a Wolvie flashback
The improved the Pyro blowing stuff up scene :)
"Sometimes anger can help you survive" - You go Storm, make Logan go beserk! :D
Cyclops blows stuff up too! :D
Love the Mystique slide :)
The Kitty clip in this is BRILLIANT!
Kelly Hu looks great as Lady Deathstrike (Who I've never read anything that shes involved in, but I like the nails:))
Cant make my mind up, but looks like Cyclops gets into a one on one fight too. If you can help, say. Just after Kitty shows her power :)
LOOK AT THE TORNADOS! WOWWWWW! :D

If you recognise the walls round Nightcrawler btw, that's because It's one of the opening scenes, and that is the Whitehouse

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 10:13:42 PM
I am telling you I can't wait, I still wonder what Xavier's line means is, "Eric what have you done." I am assuming Magneto does something huge towards the end. And then there is the Cliffhanger at the end of the film that I have read about but nobody will say what it is. My guess is the Sentiles, they have been saying they aren't in it, but I bet they will show up in the end, also its possible that Stryker is a patsy, I am wondering if they will bring in the biggest bad guy in the X-Men Apocoplyse. It would be like him to be using people to get what he wants world dominance. Of course it could be something that I don't even expect.

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 10:17:42 PM
Carr, just to point out, Even if you knew the ending, it has a chance of beng different, as they apparently had a reshoot :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 10:39:02 PM
Didn't know about that but it doesn't surprise me, honestly I don't want to know .

ReaperFett
Dec 14th, 2002, 12:41:35 PM
Some new things:

After Xavier says about a great swell of pity. Then we see some guys with torches. Someone at CA theorises that the big guy to the right with the armbands is Juggernaught.

Also if you watch VERY VERY carefully, about 50-60 seconds, inbetween the exploding window and Jean Grey, you might notice a purple poof of smoke. Bamf :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 14th, 2002, 07:57:56 PM
Yeah I saw that but there were some doubts if that was Juggernaut, it could be, it might not be. As far as the purple smoke do you mean Phoenix?

ReaperFett
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:21:52 PM
No, Nightcrawler :)

And I doubt it'd be Juggernaught, as we'd know :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 14th, 2002, 08:39:07 PM
Ok I understand that now and I wouldn't be shocked about Juggernaut he could be part of Stryker's team I am certain that they couldn't have the whole Cain Marko thing that story line is too complex for a movie