PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about making sigs

Jedi Anakin Skywalker
Dec 12th, 2002, 10:23:27 PM
I was only wondering first of all is how do you make them??? I am in another RPG and they would admire if i had a sig like my Anni one you will see below. If i dont have what it takes on my computer to make one then I might need someone to make one for me out of kindness. Reaper Fett i think made my Anni one so id like for him to make me new one...If not ill take anyone and ill PM u what i want....Hope you help!

Sage Hazzard
Dec 15th, 2002, 01:58:22 AM
If you're refering to the one below your post, in your signature (not sure if you meant to post another image), than I'm the one responsible for that. If you'll remember, I made it than someone (think it was AmazonBabe) did the Master change. BTW, I'd like to apologise for not being around to make the changes myself. I've been meaning to tell you that.

Anywho, I'd be glad to make you a sig. Or are you saying making a signature for someone else? I'll do that too. Although I'm not sure where to upload it. Internet servers change all the time. I'm not if my current one has the remote hosting option anymore. Anyway, I'll try and get it done someone.

But, if you're trying to get it done yourself(btw, good for you for trying) than you need a graphic editer. Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop are good. There are a lot of free ones too but they aren't nearly as good. I believe you can download a working trial program of Paint Shop Pro off of their <a href=http://www.jasc.com>website</a>.

Photoshop is harolded as the tip of the top. It's used as the standard for all big business and the like. In other words, the best graphic designers use this. The ones that get payed for their work. Although it costs something like $600 bucks. Paintshop however, which I use, runs at something near $100 bucks. Not cheap, I know.

Or you could go old school. Use a pic of the character and have the info in plain text to the right(or left). That'd be done in HTML. It's what everyone here was doing a long time ago, before we evolved into graphic savvy gurus. You'd have to know HTML though, and it still wouldn't come out as pretty and sleek as an image sig.

After that you have to know how to upload it to a server and stuff. Which is a whole other topic. Ask if you don't know how to do that either. :)

But, if you don't want to spend a $100 bucks to make one sig(who would?) than I'm happy to do it. Plus, even if you did buy the product, or downloaded the trail version, you wouldn't be good enough to make something too great. No offense. It takes time to learn this stuff. :)

Jedi Anakin Skywalker
Dec 15th, 2002, 09:41:51 AM
I never thought it was that complicated...and im sorry for sayin reaperfett did it, it took me a while after to remember you were the one who made it for me i just couldnt remember your name. If you would like to, id appreciate it if you did the sig for me. My Anni turned out great and in my other rpg no one has really good sigs and yours would impress them very much. I will P.M you with all the stuff and designs, id rather the sig to look similiar to my Anni just with a diff person and diff color. So look for the PM Sage cuz youll get it soon.

Sage Hazzard
Dec 15th, 2002, 11:45:17 PM
No problem. ReaperFett's a cool dude. No offense being remembered as him. :)

Well, now that I've got your PM I'm pretty sure I can do better than just a different color and person. Such as a more character matching background and stuff. But if you don't like what I eventually come up with, I can tweak it 'till you do. :)

AH, a chance to impress!!! I'm up for the challenge. Be sure to give me a link to any posts proclaiming the coolness of the sig I make. I love a good read. Especially one about my success. :D

Jedi Anakin Skywalker
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:45:45 PM
Sure thing Sage, beleive me...these people are going to b in "Aww" when they see it. I cant wait to see how it comes out. Sorry i cant give u any help on pics of what i want because im not really a person who can find all those things like other people can. Im sure whatever you will do ill like, cuz every sig u make comes out perfect. I hope nothing troubles u to much in making it. I feel bad having to have someone go through work for me, but im thankfull you are. Ill ttyl.

Jedi Anakin Skywalker
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:25:56 PM
Sage the sig isnt working in the other website and im just checkin to see if it works here.

Jedi Anakin Skywalker
Dec 20th, 2002, 12:30:59 PM
uh oh , well my cloud mccullins sig showed up but now i tried to put my anakin back in and i think i might of messed sometin up..:(

Syrius Cline
Dec 20th, 2002, 11:45:44 PM
<*center><*img src="http://jedisigs.clanpages.com/ASsig.jpg" border=0 NAME="anakin" WIDTH="502" HEIGHT="202" USEMAP="#anakin" ALT="Anakin Skywalker - Jedi Padawan"><*/center>

Okay, that should work. Just take out all the * that appear. In my PM, I didn't understand you right. I though your OTHER sig, the one I just made, wasn't working. :)

BTW, how'd you like the sig I made for you?