PDA

View Full Version : Rocky VI

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:51:25 PM
Do I have to say anything more?

Ok, I will...

<marquee><font size=7>WHY???</font></marquee>

Good God, he's almost 60! I'm already forced to watch the living prune, Rick Flair, in pro wrestling. Don't degrade the series like this, please!

Admiral Lebron
Dec 12th, 2002, 10:01:39 PM
Maybe its his kid?

Dae Jinn
Dec 12th, 2002, 10:03:35 PM
that's what I was thinking.....:\ Probably not though....:x

Admiral Lebron
Dec 12th, 2002, 10:04:39 PM
His son is like ... 30 now right?

ReaperFett
Dec 12th, 2002, 10:10:27 PM
Im fine with it if they make a good script.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 12th, 2002, 10:50:04 PM
Well if it was his son and he was manger, I am fine with that but if he is fight, shoot, he would make George Foreman look like a kid.

Quadinaros
Dec 12th, 2002, 11:55:28 PM
:lol It seems like we discussed this very topic about three years ago.

Anyway, you can't blame Sly for wanting to do this. His last movie, Eye See You had almost no theatrical release before going straight to video.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 13th, 2002, 12:02:33 AM
Yeech. Like, give up Stallone.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 12:43:14 AM
Maybe he will fight George Foreman over who gets to use his grill :p Or maybe like George he calls all sons Rocky.

JonathanLB
Dec 13th, 2002, 01:55:53 AM
Well, Stallone is a smarter guy than I thought. I just watched the DVD commentary on Rocky and the guy is really articulate and it's amazing what brilliance is in the first Rocky. Anyone who thinks it is just a simple sports/boxing movie with a guy who wants to last 15 rounds has missed many great messages in what definitely deserves to be where it is on the AFI Top 100 list.

I wrote a 5 page review of it this week and posted it:

http://www.jlbmovies.com/Rocky.shtml

I don't know why they'd make a 6th, though, wow. I haven't even seen 2-5, to be honest with you. I'll get to them eventually but I have a lot more priorities right now. As I understand, the 4 sequels are quite good for the most part and worth watching. They were all successfull.

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:13:51 AM
1-3 were the only ones worth watching, IMO. They are awesome. 4 and 5...eh.

Oriadin
Dec 13th, 2002, 04:49:44 AM
I am a massive Rocky fan. I absolutly adore the series and I would love to see another film but as you say, sly is getting on a bit now. The first two movies were excellent I thought, 3 and 4 were about as good as each other. They werent bad but no where near as good as the first two. The fifth I can never decide if I really like or not.

There is so much story, back story, character development and everything youd want in a film in the Original Rocky film. I really do love it to bits. Definitely in my top three movies of all time. Im going to buy myself the special edition DVD collection after xmas with all the films. That should be awsome. Id love to hear Sly's thoughts on the films and hear his ideas behind it.

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 04:54:45 AM
1-95% of 4 were great. The Russian stand ovation onwards wasnt :)

And the guy can act. Rocky and Copland proved this for me. His problem is noone is willing to try him. Best thing to do is go back to your roots. Rocky won Oscars, and that was HIS work. So obviously, he can do good things.

Oriadin
Dec 13th, 2002, 05:18:27 AM
I agree. He got typecasted as a bulky action hero. He also doesnt speak to clearly which makes everyone think he's thick. What a lot of people dont know is that the lower half of one side of his face is parallized (spelling?) and has been since he was born.

Jedieb
Dec 13th, 2002, 09:49:35 AM
I can't believe Sly is going to do this. Didn't he learn anything from the B.O. pummeling Rocky V took? (Only around $40M) Like most, I thought I & II were great. III started to get a bit cartoony and then IV was just over the top at times, but still enjoyable. V is just pure torture for me to try and watch. I've never been able to sit through an entire viewing. The plot makes almost no sense. (How does Morrison start getting all of these big time fights but Rocky and he are still living in poverty?! The whole sub plot with his son is just boring. And now we get to the Foreman plot. The film is suppose to be getting back to the original's low budget origins, but I don't think it'll do much better than V. I just don't think the public has any interest seeing this character in a new movie. Honestly, wouldn't you be better off renting I or II?

CMJ
Dec 13th, 2002, 09:57:47 AM
Corny...this ALWAYS makes me laugh!

[Addressing the Soviet Union.]

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change."

Having Rocky conjugate the verb to change...doesn't get any better than that. ;) IMHO "Rocky" was excellent and all others should be ignored.

BUFFJEDI
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:32:47 PM
Rocky 1-4 were GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember watching him train in R 4 and the scene where he was walking in the snow with the log on his back, made me get up go outside (where there was snow) chop down a tree , and I did the same thing :) :) those were the day's:)

Rocky five sucked !!!!But only becasue Rocky LOST everything and never stepped into the ring and NO training scene's

I think Sly could pull off another one. He is still in great shape, and film makes you look Bigger so no problems there. And they can make him look young with makeup/se so that would take care of that.

Rocky Six could do a Good 100 mil IF they get Rocky back into the big time. I personally want him to. I refuse to believe they will let the series end with him being a nobody bum:(

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:37:56 PM
I agree. I want him to be a somebody!

BUFFJEDI
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:41:29 PM
Yeah, even if they did Just new short Flash backs of where he was ok'd to fight Won back the title and retired Champ and than go on with another story That would even suit me BUT it has to be said He regained his greatness.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:55:24 PM
They could kill somebody off to get him motivated I guess that means Burt Young has to go :p That got really corny in 3 and 4, I thought, but that is just my opinion.

ReaperFett
Dec 13th, 2002, 09:51:39 PM
Apparently, they want to make this for $10-$15 million.

This could be a BIG winner. Make a good plot, a good story, get the old cast back, make us WANT IT, and we could see them double their money before it's even left the cinemas, no problems.

JMK
Dec 13th, 2002, 10:38:16 PM
It would make double that amount just out of curiosity. :lol

Darth23
Dec 13th, 2002, 10:59:08 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Apparently, they want to make this for $10-$15 million.

This could be a BIG winner. Make a good plot, a good story, get the old cast back, make us WANT IT, and we could see them double their money before it's even left the cinemas, no problems.

Yeah, Mr. T and Dolph Lundgren could return.

Rocky VIIXII or whatever should have Rocky fighting a robot or an android.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 13th, 2002, 11:16:07 PM
Well I am sure Mr T needs the work :p

Admiral Lebron
Dec 13th, 2002, 11:25:22 PM
A robot would be nifty to see.

Quadinaros
Dec 14th, 2002, 01:57:08 AM
"Coming up. Pongo's review of Rocky 5....... thousand."

Mel Brooks' prophecy could still come true. ;)

ReaperFett
Dec 14th, 2002, 04:46:36 AM
"I pity the fool who wont buy my gril!"

I want that line in :)