PDA

View Full Version : learning something new (Zeke)

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 12th, 2002, 04:59:58 PM
Drake enters the academy strong and fit and await for his friend to teach him something new.

Zeke
Dec 12th, 2002, 05:03:52 PM
Zeke is at the far end of the room, juggling two remote droids he'd been practicing with. Upon seeing Drake he catches the ball like droids and pockets them.

"Drake, how's your training going?"

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 12th, 2002, 05:05:24 PM
Drake responds in a low tone

"I'm still masterless but eager to learn."

Zeke
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:25:45 PM
"Good to hear! Don't give up, pal, you'll get a master soon enough! Have you been taught anything at all since you got here? Don't wanna reteach anything you already know."

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 14th, 2002, 01:46:34 PM
"Well i dont know anything at all"

Zeke
Dec 14th, 2002, 06:07:56 PM
"K, we'll start with simply drawing upon the Force. I find the Force acts upon emotion or memory or...well, a special something."

Zeke smiles, as if to punctuate his point.

"I believe this may be why the Dark Side is so tempting, because it is easy to become angry or frustrated. Try to avoid the dark side at any cost. Instead, focus on the postive."

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:30:35 PM
Drake nodded his head and began to think only on the positive, like when he met his brother again ofter 5 years here at the greater jedi order.

Zeke
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:26:09 PM
"Yeah, positive. Fall into it, try to BECOME positive. Let it fill you, surround you."

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 17th, 2002, 07:00:51 PM
Drake sat down and began to meditate only on the positive--the force.

Zeke
Dec 21st, 2002, 05:33:40 AM
Zeke paces a few meters away, he's given all the advice he knows to give. Now its up to Drake to find the source of his power, and bring it to the fore.

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 22nd, 2002, 08:44:19 AM
As Drake was meditating, he was starting to feel a weird sensation. It was all around him and within him. After a few moments he began to feel everything around him.

Zeke
Dec 24th, 2002, 02:00:11 PM
"That'd be the Force. Now that you can concentrate it, let's start to utilize it. Let's start with a basic, but useful skill; Force Boost."

Drake Lonerunner
Dec 28th, 2002, 11:33:03 AM
Drake opened his eyes and turned to Zeke

"Let us begin"

Zeke
Jan 1st, 2003, 09:43:05 PM
"Okay. First, you must draw upon the Force. Then...well, this part's sorta hard to explain...think of it like pushing the energy through your body...if you want to jump or run better than normal, focus it in your legs...wanna lift something heavy? Focus your arms."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:31:29 PM
Drake noded towards Zeke. He closed his eyes and started to concetrate. He focused on the Force and made it flow thorugh his body like his own blood. He made most of it flow to his arms to make him stronger. Doing as Zeke instruted he thaught of lifting something heavy. He walked over to the side of the room and put his grip on a heavy cabinet. He used the force to pick it up but just slightly. He put it back down and then stagered back a bit

"Whoa..."

Drake felt tired but continued on

Zeke
Jan 2nd, 2003, 09:33:42 PM
"Just relax. Get too uptight and you'll lose it. Try again. Not like it's a big cabinet full of training equipment or anything. More like an empty cardboard box..."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:48:23 AM
Drake nodded at Zeke again and focused on the chair on the other side of the room. He closed his eyes and concetrated also on the force. He saw the chair in his mind and grabed it. Slowly the chair started to levitate in the air. He then put it down slowly and opened his eyes.

"How was that?"

Drake felt more tired but did not widh to stop.

Zeke
Jan 3rd, 2003, 01:04:35 PM
"Not bad at all. Still woulda been cool to see you lift that cabinet over your head. Care to try a speed boost? Or would you rather back off?"

The Padawan was tiring, but if he wanted to go on, Zeke wouldn't stop him. Nor would he think ill of the man for taking a break, either.

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 4th, 2003, 12:23:08 PM
Drake felt a bit tired but went on. He had to be strong enough to take on his older brother Straffe

"I am ready to go on..."

Zeke
Jan 5th, 2003, 07:46:08 AM
"Ok then. Let's see....why not try speed boosting, like I suggested earlier?"

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:21:23 PM
Drake felt more confident now knowing that he was able to alter the force to his likeing. Concentrating on Zekes words, he used the force to inhance his legs. He felt it flow thorugh his legs at a trmendious rate. Drake used this sensation to run. He took off like a speeding bullet, not knowing where he was headed...POW!!!. Drake hit the wall at full speed. His limp body fell to the floor instantly, blood poaring from his face. He was not able to control where he was going, he had trouble concentrating on where he was going

Zeke
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:43:15 PM
Zeke scratches the back of his head.

"Er...yeah...sorry pal. Maybe we'd best do this in the gardens..."

He pulls a handkerchief and hands it to him.

"Pinch your nose."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 7th, 2003, 08:52:28 PM
Drake lifted his head and pinched his nose with the now bloody handkerchief and followed Zeke outside into the gardens. It was a beautiful sight to see. Drake had never seen this part of the order before or ever new that it existed. Slowly the blood from drake nose started to stop and was ready for the next lesson on how to crontrol his speed.

"Now master Jedi teach me on how to control this power"

Zeke
Jan 8th, 2003, 04:40:45 PM
"Out here we shouldn't have to worry about you runnin' into something. Jeez, I feel real bad about that...at anyrate, once you're boosted with the Force, you can alter your reaction time with it as well...do a reflex boost. Or simply stave off the Force boost so that you return to your natural level."

Zeke puts a hand on his forehead. Why oh why hadn't he thought to explain that earlier?

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 9th, 2003, 03:55:50 PM
Concentrating on Zekes words, he used the force to inhance his legs again. He felt it flow thorugh his legs at a trmendious rate. Drake used this feeling to run. He took off like a speeding bullet, but now knowing were he was going. Drake ran throuth the flowers at an incredible speed. He then concentrate on what Zeke told him on how to stop. Within a few seconds Drake stoped, but to quickly a fliped over landing on his back.

"Im getting the hang of this, i just need some more practice. Anyway what next on the agenda?"

Zeke
Jan 9th, 2003, 07:52:48 PM
"Just gathering the Force and Force Boost. I find that learning too much at once tends to overload the student."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 13th, 2003, 02:58:06 PM
Drake continued to boost around at full speed getting better and better at it. He began to flip around and run on the falls of the academy while boosting.

"Zeke i think im ready for my next lesson."

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 04:38:44 PM
"Boost was really all I had planned for today. But if you want, name a skill. I'll teach you."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 13th, 2003, 07:58:00 PM
Drake was interested in some high jumping techinique that his brother always uses on him wen they fought.

"I would like to learn how to jump at incredible heights"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:05:49 PM
"Same as running, just...jump."

He demonstrates, leaping high above the treetops in the garden.

"You try," he says upon landing.

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:09:57 PM
Drake began to concentrate and began to run at full speed. He triedto jump over a treed . He jumped pretty high. He then landed in a tree getting himself stuck.

"Ummmmm i think i need some help here"

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:11:33 PM
Zeke floats him down.

"Just jump. Focus the Force in you legs and jump."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:26:44 PM
Drake did as Zeke told him and started all over again. He focus the force in his legs and he jumped at an incredible height.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2003, 08:35:10 PM
"Like so," Zeke comments as he lands. "Using the Force you can boost almost any action the human body is capable of. Experiment with it. Now unless you wanna learn sense or telekinesis or something, we'll call it day."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:56:40 PM
Drake remebered a fight he had with Plo koon. Plo had puched him onto the wall with his ming and Drake was incable of doing anything about.

"Well...yes i want to learn sense and telekenises, then we can call it a day"

Zeke
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:05:45 PM
"We'll start with telekinesis...it's a specialty of mine. First, we'll learn to push. Focus the Force as you have been and push at this rock."

Zeke gestures to small boulder in the garden.

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:18:18 PM
Drake began to concentrate on the rock. He extented his hand out and closed his eyes. He imazined the rock in his mind. The rock started to lift in his mind as if was otside of his mind. With a small hand gesture the rock came to him at full speed and hit him in the face. The rock gave him a bruise on the cheeck.

Zeke
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:17:29 AM
Zeke can't help but laugh. That was excellent! A bit more than he'd ask, but still.

"Get up, Drake. That was good, but a over the top. Don't bother lifting it yet. Before you can go two ways at once, it's best to go just one way. Push it without lifting."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:19:54 PM
AS Zeke laughted so did Drake. He was surprised that he got it on the first shot. Drake got up as zeke asked him to and threw the rock a few feet away.

"Ok this time ill push it inseted of pulling it"

Drake as he did before pictured the rock in his mind, he extenede out his arm and made a wave movement with his fingers. The rock was thrown away at full speed and broke the glass of the training gound.

"Ummmmm....oops i guess i don't know my own strengh!?!"

Zeke
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:42:51 PM
"Nah, you just lack control. That'll come with practice."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:39:35 PM
"is telekenisis over or would you like me to continue to practice?"

Zeke
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:46:49 AM
"You can continue to practice. Once you get push and pull, try to float objects while moving them. Just be careful not to hit anyone. I'd show you more, but two skills should suffice for now. It was good working with you, Drake. Keep practicing."

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 16th, 2003, 02:53:09 PM
Drake noddeed a kept on parcticing

ooc:is this thread closed now???

Zeke
Jan 16th, 2003, 03:05:22 PM
OOC: I can't think of anything else to teach at the moment, so...sorta, yes. Sorry if it's too soon.

Drake Lonerunner
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:25:37 PM
Drake looked at another stone on the floor and decided to give it another shot. He concentrated on the stone and with a little twitch of his fingure he moved the stone upward and was able to control it completly. h then moved it to the right and left. Then toward him a nd catched it the air.

"Well Zeke....how was that?"