PDA

View Full Version : the end of an old ritual...(soth)

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Dec 12th, 2002, 04:04:07 PM
As the young sith warrior made his way down corridors and through hallways of the Shrine fo the Damned, he could feel the darkside flowing though, and around him. This was not unusual, considering the Shrine consisted of vampires and vampires are beings that are born from the darkside. Pure evil beings, vampires are. Walking past ancient tapestries and artifacts that lined the hallways of the Shrine, Ambrose Braeden thought about this past year. The training that he had under gone. The training of lightsaber construction. The training that every sith had and will go through.

As he approached two enourmous double doors that led to his master's personal chambers, Lord Soth's personal chambers, all he did was focus on the darkside and think of the past. Giving the houmoungous engraved doors a little nudge, the dors swung freely, making so sound at all. Ambrose walked into the large room and marveled at what was in the room. Furniture that was as olfd as his master. Tapestries and artifacts hung from walls and sat on antique tables. The young vampire had known that Lord soth was a collector of the rarest things in the universe. And this room was proof.

As Ambrose sat down in one of the many chairs that filled the room, he could see a familiar picture. It was the last picture he had seen as a mortal, and the first painting that he had laid his eyes upon as a vampire. It was a painting of a man. A man named Elric. Ambrose remembers studying the pictures every stroke, noticing how the painter made his brush strokes. It was a wonderful painting, no doubt, but Ambrose was not in his masters private chambers to study pictures. He was there to continue his training. And now he sat waiting for his master to walk through the doors. Ambrose sat waiting, trying to feel his presence through the force.

Lord Soth
Dec 14th, 2002, 01:22:01 AM
A peculiar dank smell resided and lofted throughout the lavish chamber room, one that carried and bore testimony to the distant past that even surpassed and predated the Death Knight himself. Utter silence as well hung about the dimly lit room as Ambrose awaited his master's arrival. The two golden candelabra's that were equally placed apart on Soth's mahogany desk seemed to cast errie shadow's that played trick's on the mind; offering the only light source in the mammoth study that was partially viewed from Ambrose's perspective.

Exquisite armor and weapon's of old, nameless artifact's that were as odd as the places Soth had acquired them lined the chamber in elaborate cases that housed them. Priceless object's of antiquity collected over the spanning reaches of far space, item's of interest that had a story to tell much like the portrait that Ambrose admired over the fire place mantel. Strangely, Ambrose found himself pondering the thought of his master's true origin as he studied the painting of Elric...How old was this mysterious man that he served? Soth looked to be only in his early thirties, yet there was something more to him...Something that seemed to transcend even the object's he meticulously collected. Ambrose had studied under the Death Knight for over ten year's now, nevertheless, he knew little of the Sith teacher.

Long moment's seemed to pass before Ambrose as he sat in a contemplative state of mind; his train of thought only to be broken as a metallic clicking noise resonated from a wall to his immediate left. The sound of stone sliding against stone could be heard from behind a large oaken display case. Suddenly the wooden case that stood over eight feet in height slid slowly on it's own accord to the right of the wall. A gush of cold air rushed passed the understudy as he looked on in total fascination. It was some kind of hidden anti-chamber that he was fully unaware of, until now. A hewed archway could now be seen and the torches beyond the doorway lit a spiraling staircase that descended downwards into the darkness...As Ambrose stood from were he sat, Soth Nuevole emerged from the bend in the stairwell. His demeanor was firm as his intense gaze fell upon the young apprentice. Soth's piercing blue eye's met with Ambrose's own, noting that the time had finally arrived when the fledgling would have demonstrate his newly found skill's in the delicate craft of saber making.

Soth stopped his slow pace as he neared the top of the staircase, his pale hand's were purposely concealed in the fold's of his heavy black robe's. Once again there was a painful moment of silence before the Sith Master spoke.

"Come my apprentice...I presume that you are ready for the test's at hand?" Soth's word's were smooth and even as he turned on heel, finishing his sentence.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Dec 15th, 2002, 12:43:02 AM
Watching his Master, Lord Soth, turn and walk away. The way he had come from the stairs. As the young Vampire Warrior walked toward the Ancient Sith Master, walking past ancient furniture and tapestries of old. He caught up with the master vampire and was astonished in the stairs that he had just come from. Ambrose could not see all the way down, due to the night. Shadows were cast upon the walls of the staircase of, what looked like, humans or vampires. Where there should stand a body, blocking the light making the shadow, there stood nothing. But the Shadows moved like they were alive. Walking down the stairs, minding there own buisness.

As the young Vampire caught up with his master, he looked at him. He could see his hair move when he walked. Wobbling due to the stairs, much like his own. Both men had long hair, Ambrose knowing how he had got his. But very unsure of how the ancient vampire he was walking next to had grown his hair. And thinknig of age, Ambrose Braeden wondered how old Lord Soth really was.

Master...I greatly appreciate what you are doing. And I thank you for it. I know that I am not supposed to speak of it but, I just wanted you to know. I think that this is essential to any Vampire. Wether young or old. I am sure that you had gone through the exact same thing I am going through right now, and I am thankful that I can do something that my master had once done as a Vampire. Training to become what you are now. I would like to someday meet your master, If he/she still exists to this day.

As they walked down and down, Ambrose thought that the stairs would never end.

Lord Soth
Dec 15th, 2002, 04:30:04 AM
Deeper and deeper the two figure's descended into the belly of the of the Shrine of the Damned. As the spiral staircase wound further down into the dimly lit catacomb's, it opened to a panoramic view of an immense chambered vault. The hidden chamber was filled with unopened crate's, assorted equipment, and a host of other odds and inn's that filled the neatly arranged room. Crammed book shelves filled with ancient tome's and manuscript's lined the wall's as Ambrose glanced around his surrounding's in total fascination. Alchemist equipment and other arcane related material's sat center to the room as vial's of strange concoction's boiled and brewed over small open flame's, giving the chamber a strong acrid smell that would choke most mortal men. This was obviously a store house from what Ambrose could make out, however, it was also modified to be a high tech laboratory that exemplified the latest that technology had to offer for the time.

As the two men reached the landing of the basement floor, Soth paused at his apprentice's concerned inquiry. Pulling the hood back that hung low over his chiseled face, the Death Knight turned slowly to face Ambrose. Soth knew before hand that his understudy would ask such question's...But he would not indulge himself to elaborate on the inquest that stirred Ambrose's curiosity.

"You should be mindful on the present my apprentice...Such thing's do not concern you at this moment." Once again, the Death Knight turned abruptly from Ambrose, making his way to the center of the laboratory were a large table sat. As Soth rounded the oak table, his gaze fell on the understudy.

"Tonight you will finish the construction of the saber that we've been working on. You will find all the necessary component's and tool's here on this table to complete the process that you have started." Soth gestured smoothly to the many devices and instrument's before him, then he casually folded his pale hand's behind his back as Ambrose neared the large table.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Dec 15th, 2002, 08:01:50 PM
As the young Vampire Warrior neared the antiqe table, he could see that it had fasinating carvings all over it. He had gotten use to seeing things with elaborate carvings over all of the surface. Looking over the technology that was needed to make a well constructed lighsaber, he could focusing crystals of all colors in one section of the table. Some colors, he had not even known were colors. He could see the energy packs that the lightsaber used for energy. He was facinated with all of the different types of lightsabers he could make. But he only had one in mind.

Master, Sorry for not focusing on the present. I only have one type of lightsaber in mind. It is a lightsaber of old. I am sure that you know what it is, but I will tell you any ways.

As he explained his lightsaber type to his master. He could picture it in his mind. He had pictured the long shaft many times. Now, he would have what he had wanted for so many years.

It will have customezed controls allowing me to adjust each blade's length from half a meter to one and a half meters. It will have pannels that controll each blade's intesity from the highest intensity: the lowest meaning for training with sabers. The highest setting making the lightsaber like any other.

As he explained the construction of the elaborate artifact that would become a lightsaber, he was thinking of the power he would have when weilding the blade.

OOC:here's a pic of the saber im gonna build.
http://www.thelightsaber.com/EXAR1_1_.GIF

Lord Soth
Dec 24th, 2002, 09:05:50 PM
Soth stood unmoving as his understudy detailed the schematic's of the light saber that he desired. However, it was far more complex and intricate when it came to the craft of saber construction and an entirely different matter when speaking of it.

The Death Knight raised his head arrogantly as if studying Ambrose, reading the surface thought's that ran through his mind. He noted the sincere passion in the young Sith as well as his determination to please his master, nevertheless, the time had come when Ambrose's knowledge would be tested at last.

Turning, Soth rounded the table until he was on the other side parallel with the Sith apprentice. Slowly Soth pulled the black cowl back over his head until all that was visible was the lower portion of his face. His pale hand's found their way back into the opposite sleeve's of the soft robe's as he tucked them together.

"I will give you until dawn to complete the saber you speak of my apprentice...When I return on the marrow, your fully activated saber will I then judge for myself." The Sith Master paused for a brief moment, then slowly walked away to leave Ambrose to the complicated task at hand. Unknowing to Ambrose, if he should fail, Soth would no longer teach him as a disciple of his. If he proved to be successful and the newly constructed saber was fully functional, the Death Knight would continue this intense training, teaching him the darkest of secret's and discipline's that spanned over the 5500 years of Soth's own existence. Mystifying secret's and knowledge there of that Ambrose would be granted upon each level mastered.

The sand in the hour glass began to spill... ___________

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Dec 30th, 2002, 01:58:28 PM
Watching his master walk away, out of the room, he looked again down at the table that held the devices that he would need to make his very own lightsaber. The weapon that was most valuable to him. A lightsaber was also very precious to a Jedi. Be it Padawan or Master, that weapon is their life. Much like the Sith. Without the weapon known as a lightsaber, they would have no weapon that could block them.

Looking at the focusing crystal's, he could only think of one color that would soot him the best. The maroon color was the color that he wanted for his blade. The blade of his lightsaber.

Getting all of the pieces that he would need to build his arcane weapon, he laid them all out in order. And knew where they all went as well. He took one piece and connected it with another piece that went with it. One after another. He would finish the hilt in time. But how much time, he did not know.

This arcane weapon I am about to construct my Master, will hopefully be fit for one such as myself. I only hope that the weapon does not dissapoint you. I only hope.......

Lord Soth
Dec 30th, 2002, 09:50:07 PM
All throughout the night the apprentice toiled over the elaborate light saber, long hour's on end pasted painfully slow as he worked diligently. A deathly silence loomed over the laboratory chamber, occasionally broken by the sophisticated tool's and their whining motor's as Ambrose pressed on through the night...

In the wee hour's of the morning, the Sith apprentice was awoken by the creaking of the heavy door high above the stairwell. Moment's later, Soth descended the curricular staircase, then finally made his way over to where his understudy sat. Soth face remained stoic as he came to stand by Ambrose. Pulling his pale hand's from his black robe's, the Death Knight reached slow for the new crafted saber. With the patient's of many life time's, Soth carefully examined the intricate weapon, feeling for balance, looking beyond it's outer casing to inspect the inner working's there of. After what seemed an eternity, Soth ignited it to his side with a sudden stroke, pressing the hidden switch that Ambrose had thought to be concealed only to himself. The maroon blade snapped and hissed to life as it's color accented the Dark Knight's handsome feature's in it's bathing light.

"Well done my apprentice, you have passed the test set before you..." Soth replied smoothly as he disengaged the saber, setting it back in the precise spot he had found it in front of the Sith apprentice.

"Your next test will be in the Blood Pit tomorrow. Their you will fight my Lich, Wraith Soul...However, be mindful my young pupal, he is not one to be taken lightly. I assure you Ambrose, if you show him any form of weakness, even in the slightest,...He will kill you on the spot without a second thought. His power's range in the art's of Sith Magic as well as saber play. If you are successful with the duel tomorrow evening, I will instruct you in your greatest challenge yet." Soth's finished coolly, his hand's slipping back into the soft sleeve's of his robe.

imported_Ambrose Braeden
Dec 30th, 2002, 11:08:31 PM
Watching his master weild the weapon that he had just constructed, he thought that it was magnificent. Watching Lord Soth press the switch that would make the blade extend outward and hum with life, he was not supprised. He knew that his master would know about the hidden switch that was built into the hilt of his lightsaber. The ancient vampire was very gifted with the Dark Gift that every Vampire possesed. But it grew stronger with time.

He watched as the vampire master flipped the switch that would retract the blade of the lightsaber. As he placed the lightsaber back were it was to begin with, Ambrose Braeden admired the crasftsmanship of the hilt that he had just created.

Thank you master. It is a privelage to recieve a comment such as that. I will take it with much gratitude. And as far as Wraith Soul goes master, I will try my hardest. I will do as you say.