PDA

View Full Version : My brain is caffeinated mush!

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:44:40 PM
Woohoo! Yay!

I'm too spaced out to post to stuff right now.

Only one exam left. Must survive... but soooo tired... |I

:zzz

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Dec 11th, 2002, 03:23:39 PM
:lol only one more left for me too.....lousy exams..... :thumbdown

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 11th, 2002, 05:07:10 PM
My exams don't start till Monday... when I have two one right after the other. (C++ and Engineering Orientation). Calc II is on Tuesday and Chemistry (CH103) is on Wednesday.

And out of some strange blue luck, my boss talked with me yesterday while it was relatively slow, and told me he gave me Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off so I could study for finals if I had them. He didn't even know those were the days I had them. ^_^

After this week, though, I'll need those days off.

*grumbles*

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:10:23 PM
I have 2 exams, both on Monday. Today is Wednesday. I have some time. I gotta get cracking! but first, to check my posts.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:35:05 PM
Thank the Force Hele'ns exams are over.... I dont think I could have coped with one more..

"Mark, can you get me a coffee?"

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:31:42 PM
:lol I only have one more left but it's easy then all I have to do is show up on finals day.....

Mr. Happy
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:36:28 PM
Well, 2 exams and 4 bourbon shots later, I can finally relax today! I've got 1 exam left, and its nothing to sweat. After that...FREEDOM!

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 12th, 2002, 02:39:03 PM
I don't miss finals. :x

imported_Callista
Dec 12th, 2002, 04:23:10 PM
I am so glad I don't attend a "normal" college...Art school is perfect :D

The only finals I have are in Design, Video Production, Critical Thinking, and Survey of Media...all are projects and way easy save the Video Production simply because I have to actually make a movie and edit it on the 30+ year old nonlinear machines....crappy I tell ya >_<

Jibrielle Abunai
Dec 13th, 2002, 05:48:03 PM
I have all of my exams next week. >_< I have to cram all this information into my brain during the weekend, day and night, so that's not going to be much fun ...

Garmollo Apostate
Dec 13th, 2002, 08:18:59 PM
I only have exams on Monday. I have studied at least 5 hours or more every day so far this week.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 16th, 2002, 02:51:32 AM
I pity thee, Mr. Snack. With you chem and your calc and your other scary sciences. Thank the Lord above I am a PoliSci major. I have already had two finals and now I face only two more--one in US Politics 325 and a final paper due in Expos 200.

Ah...the life of an Arts and Science major...:)

Helenias Evenstar
Dec 16th, 2002, 05:51:36 AM
Remind me to pour the next cup of coffee down that man's pants.

No, scratch that. Coffee is too good to waste like that

Zasz Grimm
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:44:08 AM
As I have said before...

Being exempt feels so good.

:D

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 16th, 2002, 01:47:17 PM
:cry

Coffee burn!!!

Sanis Prent
Dec 16th, 2002, 03:12:25 PM
That's okay. When my exams are finally over, I will be employed and well paid. Its a bit more tricky for PoliSci, which is why I chose a bankable major ;)

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 16th, 2002, 03:54:44 PM
Majors don't really matter anymore, unless you are going into something like a science, i.e. chemical engineering generally requires a chemical engineering degree. Otherwise, it's not the name of your major that really counts--it's the fact that you have a piece of paper that says "Yes, I can stick with something for 4-5 years and succeed, thank you." :)

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:13:07 PM
I'm not sure where that applies, to be honest...or who told you that. If so, I would have been a PoliSci major as well, and worked to get a six figure starting salary at EDS. It is not so simple, and while there are a lot of jobs that you can do that with, there are not a lot of profitable jobs that work that way. I enjoy PoliSci alot, and in a perfect world, would prefer to major in it. However, these degrees are common, and demand is low. I'd be happy in a PoliSci job, but I would not be happy with the pay.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:31:55 PM
I agree and disagree with you. I was making kind of a sarcastic statement, but there is truth in it. In my case, my field will be Criminal Investigation with a future career in politics, so for me, it doesn't matter. You don't need any specific degree to enter the Criminal Justice system--just a degree flat. From the departments I have interviewed (FBI, Kansas--KBI) they are only looking for people who have the drive, motivation, and well-rounded education to work for them. College gives you a taste of the kind of multiculturalism you will face in dealing with many different peoples. Later, when I go into politics, I just want to have a PoliSci background.

However, your statement is absolutely correct. Many jobs require specific degrees. I'm not sure what EDS is, but for you, it was important to seek the right degree. You did so, and by doing so, can make more money in your field. For me, it won't matter. The only thing I could do to financially better my situation would be to seek degrees in behavioral sciences or psychology, that giving me an edge in competing for the profiler/investigator position.

But why go to college and not study something I love?

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:48:14 PM
I think you can compromise, find both what you love, and what you can do, that will maximize your profitability. I have massive hobbies in history, the arts, and the culinary industry. Those are just a few. However, none of those will provide the financial happiness my admittedly high-maintenance lifestyle requires. However, I am reasonably happy in business finance, accountancy, and corporate banking. I've had work experience there, and while its not one of my life's loves, its something that interests me, and more importantly, pays extremely well, with a relatively high market demand. Through a higher paycheck, I can continue to pursue both my career, and my other life's loves. For instance, I am minoring in history, a minor I don't necessarily need. I will also begin to take culinary arts courses at Culinard, once I have graduated in Finance.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:54:53 PM
That is awesome--a culinary degree would be so cool. I can't cook that well, though. I have knicked my thumb pretty good more than once. :)

I respect your position to do what you need to get to where you want and still get your fill of what you are truly passionate about on the side. It takes serious drive to do that, and that kind of drive and motivation is something I respect greatly.

Fauna Sang
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:59:23 PM
I can cook pretty well, if I have general instructions.. ^^; When I make pancakes and things like that, I add a lot of extra things (Any dessert I make has lots of vanilla extract and things like that in it).

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 16th, 2002, 04:59:53 PM
Well, if you can succeed in your pursuit of a career, more power to you. I wish you well there. Being a business-minded person, I guess I'm just naturally more concerned about whether a degree is bankable and less about it being something someone wants to do. I have a good friend of mine who graduated with a degree she loved, but in a market where competition was impossibly fierce. She has been unemployed in her field since graduation, with no change in sight. That frightens me.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 16th, 2002, 06:32:25 PM
Being a crazy, head-in-the-clouds dreamer, it is so hard for me to grasp a concept of 'reality' or whether my schooling is going to make me a competitor in the job market. Sure, money and securtiy would be nice, but I would rather write about Star Wars than consider the future. I'm just a big kid--I think I always will be.

I hope you do not consider anything I have posted as an attack on your character or your plans. It is surely not. To speak with a person of your mindset is refreshing to someone of my own. Your drive and your focus is strong and your foresight and realization of what you want is inspiring.

:)

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 16th, 2002, 07:17:45 PM
No, I don't. I'm a bit envious of people who can do what they love and have it be economically sound. I wish I could rationalize pursuing one of my true loves as a profession.

imported_Terran Starek
Dec 17th, 2002, 10:31:49 AM
And sometimes I wish I could rationalize pursuing something that is economoicaly sound over just being appealing.