PDA

View Full Version : A recent Harvard study concluded that...

JMK
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:01:42 AM
Sports fans tend to consume more alcohol than non-sports fans, and therefore, get in more trouble with the law.

No. Way.

Excellent work Harvard, you've shown us all why you're so highly regarded. Up next: Do crackheads get in more trouble than nuns.

Good grief.

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:04:29 AM
I call this study bogus. Harvard doesn't have any sports! :p

JMK
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:06:46 AM
:lol But they have Chris Nowinski in the WWE!

CMJ
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:08:05 AM
Nice study. Kinda like one I saw a few years back that said alcohol got women more "in the mood". :p

JonathanLB
Dec 11th, 2002, 12:59:39 PM
That's SO STUPID. CMJ, did they not realize before they conducted that study you mentioned that alcohol lowers inhibitions so OBVIOUSLY it would have that effect? My god... a basic Psychology book will tell you that. You don't need to conduct research.

Wow talk about a waste of time/funds.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:02:11 PM
Harvard obviously has a department for the bleeding obvious

ReaperFett
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:26:23 PM
Said their head, Ric Olié :)

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:36:59 PM
Well, look at it this way. At least now all of us people with common sense that already knew about these things before Harvard did their studies can say that we are pretty high up there on the intellectual scale. :)

CMJ
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:27:55 PM
It was several years ago Jonathan. :) I remember seeing something on it on Jay Leno's monologue.

His joke was something along the lines of "Any college guy could have told you that! Why do you think they always try to get girls drunk?!"

Funny stuff. ;)

JonathanLB
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:29:54 PM
I think that's horrible, though. I mean I'd never touch a girl who was drunk, well I would, but not like that. I mean if she was drunk and needed help like getting to her room or something, sure, but it's just wrong to take advantage of someone. If she was my girlfriend and she was only buzzed, not drunk, then ok whatever because we are already together, but otherwise... how horrible, lol.

Ishan Shade
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:37:05 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Sports fans tend to consume more alcohol than non-sports fans, and therefore, get in more trouble with the law.

No. Way.

Excellent work Harvard, you've shown us all why you're so highly regarded. Up next: Do crackheads get in more trouble than nuns.

Good grief.

:lol

Figrin D'an
Dec 12th, 2002, 12:02:06 AM
So wonderful to see that an Ivy League school is doing something legimately useful with all of that grant money and exorbitant tuitions fees... :rolleyes

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 12th, 2002, 12:17:57 AM
Reminds me of a scene in Band of Brothers. A guy is reading a magazine, and a guy asks what he's reading.

The guy says "An article about the Germans. It appears the Germans are bad."

The other guy just turns to another guy and says "You hear that? This magazine says the Germans...are...bad."

He's got the best look of feigned suprise I've ever seen. Cracks me up.

Darth Viscera
Dec 12th, 2002, 01:41:00 AM
That's nothing. A few years ago, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (woo! go tarheels!) spent $60,000 in a study to determine why prisoners try to escape from prison.

For that kinda cash, I hope their findings weren't inconclusive.