PDA

View Full Version : Damned (open)

SashaKovalev
Dec 10th, 2002, 07:59:28 PM
His eyes burned, they had been open for so long. Whenever he closed them, it did nothing for him. Sleep eluded him this evening. For some time he stood on the balcony of the hotel room and when that didnt seem to be sufficient any longer, he took to walking the streets.

Walking the streets at night was never safe. Not for anyone, really. But Sasha didnt seem to care. It wasnt an overconfidence in himself, but rather the fact that he was still young, just past nineteen, and still at the point where he could scoff at the prospect of danger. At least, until danger actually presented itself.

As he walked, he thought idly of many things. He had nothing particular on his mind, and there was nothing that kept him from sleep with the exception of this one time case of insomnia.

He glanced up occasionally, peering at others who walked the streets at this time of night, curious about the others out there.

Sol Invictus
Dec 10th, 2002, 08:33:13 PM
Sol holds his coat tight around himself, the wind is bringing a magnificent chill. His silver glasses relfect the street lamps overhead, and obscure his eyes as they always do. He moves past Sasha, bumping shoulders with the man as they squeeze through a small crowd.

"Watch yourself!"

SashaKovalev
Dec 10th, 2002, 08:50:31 PM
Violet eyes glance up and then narrow in annoyance.

"Watch yourself..." He retorted, reaching out with the force to give a solid tug on the man's legs - as if in an effort to make him lose his footing and trip.

He had a quick temper from time to time, dependent always upon when he had last allowed himself some sort of release of the anger within him.

Sol Invictus
Dec 10th, 2002, 08:57:20 PM
Sol felt the surge of dark Force and shifted his legs, maintaining his balance, but barely.

"Mind your manners, pup!"

Sol applies a Force push to Sasha's back, a minor retaliation for a minor offense.

SashaKovalev
Dec 10th, 2002, 09:00:21 PM
He felt the shove back and stopped in his tracks, turning to look at the one who had shoved by him only moments ago.

"Perhaps you should take your own advice." He replied. His tone was not heightened, nor had he raised his voice any more than necessary for Sol to hear him.

Sol Invictus
Dec 10th, 2002, 09:49:12 PM
Sol too, stopped where he was, though he didn't turn to face Sasha. He sighs, this is getting them both nowhere, and both are above this sort of squabble.

"Then, I shall take the initiative and apologize, seeing how you will not. I am Sol Invictus, and I apologize for bumping into you."

Now he turns and offers a hand to shake.

SashaKovalev
Dec 10th, 2002, 09:55:37 PM
Disbelief made itself apparent on his face. This was rather unexpected, and instinctively he felt himself reaching out through the force as if to feel for the sincerity.

As the hand was extended to him, he stepped forward, his movements not tentative, but wary.

"Sasha....my name is Sasha." He replied.

"I didnt see you..." He added, his form of an apolgy.

Sol Invictus
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:05:58 PM
"Lost in your own thoughts?" Sol asks knowingly. "It is the same for me."

He smirks at the disbelief on Sasha's face. It's not a self-centered or ego driven smirk. It's the smirk he used to wear when he surprised his grandchildren.

"Come, let's go find a warm place to talk. I feel we may have more in common than we let on."

He turns and walks back the way Sasha was going, in search of an open restaurant or cafe.

SashaKovalev
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:09:21 PM
He opened his mouth to...protest? But then decided better of it and nodded instead in agreement.

He wasnt able to sleep, and some company, and perhaps a bitof conversation was exactly what he needed at the moment.

Even if it was a stranger, for sometimes, those were the best conversations.

"Are you always up at this time of night?" He asked as he fell into step with the man.

Zatania Duvall
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:14:47 PM
Zatania had been in a shop just up the way from where the two were headed. She had dreamt of something familiar, and had come to the planet to investigate into it, hoping that maybe it was a memory that could be unlocked. If not, then oh well, she would just have to put the peices together slowly like she already was doing.

She sighed as she exited the store, bearing another book about galactic history, as well as a holo vid about the past century's works of art.. Maybe she was getting obsessive with wanting to be more "modern", but the more she talked to people from this time, this place, the more she realize how old she seemed.

"Hm?"

She stopped, sensing something familiar nearby. She had only just learned how to sense life forces, but if she wasn't mistaken, it had to be her master's presence she felt.

Sol Invictus
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:31:42 PM
"Are you always up at this time of night?"

"Yes," Sol replies. "I am almost always awake until past midnight. I suppose I'm something of a night owl."

Sol notes the book and holovid and gestures at them as they pass Zatania by.

"I was doing as that young lady is doing, seeking knowledge."

Zatania Duvall
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:36:23 PM
Zatania noticed him point to her and stopped, turning to raise a brow, when she noticed that Sasha was with the weird fellow.

"Sasha?" She laughed, wondering what he was doing out so late. And she thought she was the regular night owl. "Didn't expect to see my master out after his bedtime!"

SashaKovalev
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:08:55 AM
As she had felt his presence, so too, had he felt hers. He was distracted for a moment, his violet eyes narrowing slightly until he saw her on the sidewalk in front of them.

Sasha? Didn't expect to see my master out after his bedtime!

He took her teasing in stride, for the more time he spent with her, the more he learned that this was a part of who she was.

"Then you have much to learn about your master." He replied. and then, because he had been taught his manners, he introduced the two.

"Zatania, this is Sol Invictus. Sol, this is Zatania Duvall, my....apprentice."

Sol Invictus
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:58:24 AM
Apprentice? Ah, he is instructing her in the ways of the Force. He must be, considering Sol detects a worthy darkside aura from Sasha, and some semblance of darkness from Zatania.

"Zatania." He offers his hand and a small smile.

Zatania Duvall
Dec 11th, 2002, 01:31:13 PM
"Then you have much to learn about your master." He said.

"Maybe."

Zatania laughed faintly, shutting up immediatly when Sasha began the introductions. She nodded as she looked towards Sol, shifting the books she had in one arm to the other so she could shake his hand.

"Hello there, Sol."

Sol Invictus
Dec 11th, 2002, 01:43:01 PM
Next door was a small cafe, somewhat busy despite the late hours.

"Let's go inside, where its warm."

Sol held the door open and ushered them inside, then followed in on their heels. A waitress showed them to a booth on the side, then asked for orders. Sol declined her and waited for the others to place orders, if they wanted anything.

SashaKovalev
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:00:47 PM
Sasha allowed himself as well as Zatania to be ushered inside. It was indeed warm in there, and Sasha relaxed a bit into the booth, sighing almost contentedly.

He waited for Zatania to order, and then when asked for his order, he eyed the menu only briefly. He knew he should order something if they were going to sit there, so out of courtesy to the waitress, he ordered a soda, as they did not serve alcohol there, and an appetizer plate of an assortment of things.

"So are you from around here?" Sasha asked Sol after all the orders had been placed and the waitress had left them.

Zatania Duvall
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:04:34 PM
Zatania walked in just before Sasha, wondering when she got invited to this. But it didn't matter, she didn't have any real plans anyways. Just the usual sitting in the dark and reading books upon books like a nerd or something.

After sitting down, she ordered herself a glass of water, and a side salad. Nothing big since she really wasn't too hungry.

Sol Invictus
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:06:53 PM
"No...not really," Sol replied. "I'm from...far away. And you?"

SashaKovalev
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:22:14 PM
Sasha shook his head slowly in response.

"No where near here originally, no." He replied, not mentioning his current home of Corellia. If people wanted, they could find the Sith order, he knew, but he didnt advertise its location.

Zatania Duvall
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:25:09 PM
The waitress arrived with their drinks rather quickly, but the salad Zatania had ordered would take a minute or two more. Zatania shrugged, setting the stuff that she just bought on the table, then folded her forearms over them.

"The two of you aren't a specific bunch are you?"

She smiled, shrugging one shoulder this time. "Eh, I'd be just as vague myself I guess."

SashaKovalev
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:51:39 PM
Sasha chuckled.

"Im specific when I need to be." He replied.

"Though, perhaps you'd be interested in teaching the two of us something about being specific....." He added, the tone of his voice half serious, half teasing.

She was saracastic, usually, and sometimes, he didnt mind giving it back to her.

Zatania Duvall
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:54:22 PM
"Alright, fair enough. Ask me a question that my memory can answer."

She picked up her water and sipped it, getting a serious look as she looked to Sol.

"Is this an old friend or just someone you just met?" She asked Sasha.

Sol Invictus
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:10:42 PM
"We have only known one another for the span of three minutes," Sol replies. "We nearly fought over a chance encounter just now bumping shoulders on the sidewalk. Imagine it, two darksiders fighting over something so trivial. The lightsiders would be thrilled."

Zatania Duvall
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:12:57 PM
"Get me on a bad day and I'd gripe too."

She laughed as she passed her finger along the top edge of her glass.

"I dunno about you two though, is it a bad day or just bored enough to whine about something so small?"

SashaKovalev
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:21:12 PM
Sasha shrugged.

"I wasnt having a bad day...just..." He paused, eyeing Zatania for a minute.

"It was boredom." He finally replied, giving in to her theory, though truly it was just a quick temper that was easily ignited from time to time. When he hadnt released the anger within him. And lately hed had plenty to be angry about.

Sol Invictus
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:11:29 PM
"I was too focused on my own thoughts at the time. That, and I thought he was one of these street punk kids that thing they're 'cool' or 'the bomb' or...or whatever those whippersnappers think they are."

Zatania Duvall
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:15:02 PM
Zatania blinked, wondering what in the world Sol was talking about... cool? 'The bomb'? Man, was she ever feeling more out of the times than ever.

"I won't even ask..."

SashaKovalev
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:17:47 PM
Sasha, in his youth, easily understood what Sol meant. And the truth was, that as times, he was one of those young whippersnappers who thought he was cool.

He chuckled.

"You werent far from the truth...." He replied easily.

Sol Invictus
Dec 12th, 2002, 01:50:23 PM
"At least YOU have some semblance of etiquette in you."

Looking to Zatania, he couldn't help but smile.

"Don't worry too much about it. I'm afraid I myself don't half understand kids these days."

SashaKovalev
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:13:53 PM
He shook his head in amusement at the comment about kids these days as he sank back a bit further to the comfortable seat of the booth.

"You do this all the time?" He asked, referring to the fact that Sol knew neither one of them, yet had invited them both to come sit with him to talk.

"Invite strangers to pass the time with you..?"

Sol Invictus
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:45:32 PM
"Often enough. After all, one should never pass up the opportunity to acquire knowledge."

SashaKovalev
Dec 12th, 2002, 05:37:59 PM
A faint smile crossed his lips.

"Im not sure I'd say never..." He replied, considering situations in which knowledge might be acquired - but death was soon to follow.

He was slowly learning when it was wise to back down in certain situations. Before, he had been bullheaded, and lucky to leave with his life.

Sol Invictus
Dec 12th, 2002, 09:31:48 PM
"Why not?"

Zatania Duvall
Dec 12th, 2002, 10:17:18 PM
Zatania knew that she was rather old, but that woman part of her partially took offensive, since most women didn't want to look as old as they really were. But if that were the case with her, she'd have fallen apart into a pile of dust by now.

"I don't know if thats very wise to do.. Spending time with perfect strangers off the bat too much might have a way of turning around to slap you."

SashaKovalev
Dec 13th, 2002, 12:31:43 PM
With Zatania's words, he leaned forward a bit in his seat, elbows coming to rest on the table while he waited for their food to arrive.

He cast a sidelong glance at Zatania, his instincts reaching out through the force to try to get a sense for what she was thinking.

Her words could have been construed as a challenge of sorts.

Sol Invictus
Dec 13th, 2002, 12:37:44 PM
Sol eyes Zatania behind his silver lenses. She can't see his eyes, only her reflection in their surfaces.

"If it should slap me, then I will take the blow gracefully, learn from the experience, and carry on."

Ceres Duvall
Dec 13th, 2002, 01:26:52 PM
OOC Edit Oops, wrong name. o.O Ignore the fact that I posted this under the wrong account. lol

Zatania reached for her glass of water, but stopped when she noticed the two of them looking at her strangely.

"Oh cmon, just because I said that doesn't mean I'm going to be the one doing the slapping. Besides, slapping isn't my style."

She picked up her glass and took a sip, placing it down after doing so.

"It just came to mind is all. No big deal."

SashaKovalev
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:41:58 PM
Sasah realized, as Sol spoke more and more, that this was a man who craved knowledge. One who had a curiosity similar to his own. This, he respected.

He raised an eyebrow at Zatania's remark, then shook his head and grinned.

"And just what would your style be, then?" He asked, amusement in his eyes as he asked.

Sol Invictus
Dec 13th, 2002, 03:43:43 PM
"Possibly pepper spray, or a taser?" Sol asks, joining in Sasha's teasing with a slight smirk.

Zatania Duvall
Dec 13th, 2002, 04:41:07 PM
"Actually, ripping organs out sounds much more painful. If you're going to cause injury, then do it right is what I say."

Finally her salad arrived, just as she was out of water. She gave the waitress her empty glass and asked for a refill before continuing.

"Pepper spray is boring. Why incapacitate someone when they can give you a good fight?"

Sol Invictus
Dec 13th, 2002, 04:50:58 PM
"Why spoil for a 'good' fight?" Sol counters. "In my opinion, the best of fighters never throw a punch. Their battles are ended with words, with knowledge."

Zatania Duvall
Dec 13th, 2002, 04:55:22 PM
"I may want to learn a lot, but I'd rather not speak to my enemy. It'd be a waste of time to talk to a Jedi in my opinion. Besides, I enjoy watching someone in pain. What I don't enjoy is watching a Jedi straining to understand my choice of vocabulary."

She nibbled on on a small portion of her salad, shrugging just before she swallowed it.

"I enjoy physical combat, probably more than I enjoy reading up on history or art or even science. Intellect can only get you so far in some cases."

Sol Invictus
Dec 13th, 2002, 05:45:08 PM
"You'd be surprised what you can learn from an enemy. New perspectives and thoughts can help to stir a stagnant mind, and offer new beliefs, as well as grounding any you may currently have."

SashaKovalev
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:52:25 AM
Sasha had fallen a bit silent. Not for lack of anything to contribute, but due to some serious thought. He fell right in between the two of them.

He loved the physical part of a battle. It wasn’t so much that he enjoyed seeing others in pain, in fact, it was more the rush he got from feeling the dark side as it made its presence stronger as it flowed within him. It was the adrenaline that went with combat.

And he rather preferred speaking during combat. Taunting…trying to get inside the head of the one he was fighting against. This, too, was a challenge, and one that he rather enjoyed

And while he would never agree with the jedi, there was much to be learned by listening to them. Understanding the enemy was the key, often, to defeating them.

“I don’t think speaking with the enemy is a waste of time.” He stated, his violet eyes giving Zatania a somewhat appraising glance.

“Would you consider it a waste of your time to know more about your enemy? Do you think great battles were won by knowing nothing about the enemy…?” He asked.

Zatania Duvall
Dec 16th, 2002, 12:25:09 PM
"Well, you have to consider what the situation is I guess. If it were life or death, then yes. If it weren't too serious, then it probably would be a good idea strategically to know more about them, so that they become predictable."

Sol Invictus
Dec 16th, 2002, 09:40:05 PM
"No matter what the situation, you should always be aware, always be learning."

Zatania Duvall
Dec 16th, 2002, 10:08:51 PM
"Well, of course. Everyone learns from mistakes, whether it's your own or your enemy's."

SashaKovalev
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:34:27 PM
"Im not sure it matters as much that you learn from the mistake, but more that you actually apply what you learn the second time around." He stated, fingers tapping idly on the table.

The waitress noticed this, and it suddenly occurred to her that she had forgotten his drink.

"If you're lucky enough to have that chance...." He added.

Zatania Duvall
Dec 17th, 2002, 12:38:46 PM
"Which is why I'm careful not to get into fights that I know I can't win. Right now, I need to learn from Sasha here before I can actually do something to defend myself against certain odds."

SashaKovalev
Dec 18th, 2002, 02:11:23 PM
He stared at her for a moment longer, and then looked away, staring into the soda that had finally arrived.

“You’ll learn plenty.” He stated, tapping the side of the glass somewhat impatiently.

He wanted a cigarette. And for a moment he considered stepping outside to smoke one. It wasn’t a new habit. It was something he did only on occasion. Or when his mind was troubled. Right now, it was purely just because he felt like it.

But he didn’t move at all. Rather, he remained where he was, considering all that Zatania had still to learn…or…relearn. Remember. Whatever worked, he supposed.

“But maybe Sol has some advice to offer…” Sasha suggested.

Sol Invictus
Dec 21st, 2002, 05:20:35 AM
Sol grins, almost a mad one.

"Get into every fight you can, regardless of the odds. Even if you come away broken, nearly dead, without limbs, it doesn't matter. To learn the art of harm, it is best to learn the techniques from both ends."

SashaKovalev
Dec 30th, 2002, 04:13:53 PM
To learn the art of harm, it is best to learn the techniques from both ends

Sasha considered these words in silence, waiting to hear what Zatania thought of it before he commented. This sounded like the words of a Sith – always wanting conflict.

To a degree, he perhaps agreed. He was not one to ever back down from a fight. If it presented itself, he would not walk away. This would perhaps one day be his downfall if he had the unfortunate luck to meet up with the one who would not spare his life.

The last part, he agreed the most with. To learn how to inflict harm, it was best to learn the technique from both ends. This, he fully agreed with. All the tactics that had first been used on him, he had later learned to use on someone else. He knew their effects, knew the pain, and knew them to be useful.

He leaned back a bit, his arms crossing over his chest as his expression fell to a slight scowl.