PDA

View Full Version : Subscribed Threads

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:31:01 PM
I have a question about the Subscribed Threads feature that enables you to view certain threads from your control panel and monitor their activity. After a certain amount of time, if there haven't been any replies to the thread, they automatically remove themselves from my User CP. Is there any way to get them to stay there?

TheHolo.Net
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:33:41 PM
I think setting your "Default Thread View:" in the UserCP options to "show all threads" may make it so that they all show, but if not I believe there is a drop down for which to show. "from the beginning" being the choice that will show them all.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:35:17 PM
Well, I already have my options set to "show all threads" and it doesn't seem to help... There is an option that says " Show threads from," and I selected "the beginning," but most of the threads that I had previously subscribed too still didn't show up.

Shawn
Dec 11th, 2002, 06:15:09 PM
I don't believe that it actually removes them from the list, but rather, it stops displaying them if there haven't been any new posts in over 30 days. If there's a new post to the thread after that, it should show up again.

If you still want to view threads that are more than 30 days old, go into your User CP. Under the "Subscribed Threads" heading, click "View All Subscribed Threads". Then, select "view all subscribed threads since: The Beginning". That should do it.

TheHolo.Net
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:49:21 PM
Originally posted by Jeseth Cloak
Well, I already have my options set to "show all threads" and it doesn't seem to help... There is an option that says " Show threads from," and I selected "the beginning," but most of the threads that I had previously subscribed too still didn't show up. Is it possible you clicked the "Unsubscribe" link on one of them in an email you got when one was replied to in the past? Other than unsubscribing there is no way for them to be removed from your subscribed list.

I have been through the vB bug forum top to bottom and there is no subscribed thread bug known, and if it was present it would have been found since I have seen the lengths some of those people go through to test vB for bugs.

Shawn
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:40:19 PM
Just to clarify: Your normal thread view does not affect the subscribed thread age limit (ie, setting your options to show all threads will not affect this). The only way I know of to view subscribed threads older than 30 days is the way I described.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 19th, 2002, 02:08:02 AM
Thanx Shawn. It worked... and I don't know if I removed them by accident, but I don't think I did. They are all showing up now though. :)