PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's going for another round...

Lady Vader
Dec 9th, 2002, 11:42:22 PM
... of standing in line for another 10-hour-endurance-fest???

ME OF COURSE!!! :rollin
(Along with some other goofy friends of mine.)

Only this time it's gonna be for LOTR:TTT midnight showing!!! :D
(Last time it was for SWE2:AOTC... and I survived!!!)

(Yes, I am officially crazy! :crack)

Well, actually, what I'm gonna do is call the theater a day or two before the 17th and ask how many theaters the movie is being played in and what percentage of tickets are left (when I called last Thursday to buy tickets, it was being played in only one theater and there were 92% of tickets left). If there are more than one, then I'll ask the status of the theater I'll be in. I'll also ask when it is they allow lining-up to begin, whether they'll have the LOTR:TTT signs with correct theater numbers to show the beginnings of each line, and what their predictions will be for when ppl start showing up to line up.

And then based on all my findings, I shall determine at what time I shall interupt my beauty sleep to go sit out in the wee hours of the morning, on a cold concret floor, and stake out first place in line.

*Here enter crafty smile.*

(And, yes, I snarl and bite at anyone that gets near to my carefully guarded place in line. >D)

AND..... did I mention I was officially crazy?
Yeah, well, make that OFFICIALLY CRAZY^2!!! :crack:crack

So, anyhoo, what are you all doin for TTT?
You gonna be a maniac and line up at the butt-crack of dawn for the midnight showing?
Or are you gonna be sane and line up at a reasonable hour like most normal ppl?

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Dec 9th, 2002, 11:46:25 PM
the latter....a few days after release.

Figrin D'an
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:10:49 AM
I've got midnight show tickets, but I haven't really thought about when I'm going to line up. I'm hoping the cold will deter a very early lineup, but it's tough to gauge. Maybe the theatre will be nice and let people line up inside.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:25:28 AM
Dec 26.

Mdinight.

Only a bloody idiot would be linign up on Christmas.

So, guess where I will be?

Starr
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:27:37 AM
Those crafty movie makers had to release it during finals week :(

I've got to wait a few days

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:40:49 AM
http://mikko.tuomela.net/lineparty/english.html

JonathanLB
Dec 10th, 2002, 01:01:58 AM
Finals week... Man only an idiotic college would have finals week that close to x-mas. I've been at two colleges and the other one closest to me, U of O, also always has finals week THIS week.

I have my finals week this week, which just means no class and easy tests, basically. I took two today, spent 2.5 hours studying total and 1 hour and 20 minutes taking them, combined, which is a little more than I'd normally do as far as work on Monday. I usually go to like 2 to 2.5 hours of class/lab on Monday and do 30 minutes of work. Then again, I get Tuesday off entirely and I normally have like 7 hours of class Tuesday. So I'll be doing about 4 hours of studying tomorrow instead and that's it for me.

Then Wednesday I got two finals, a bit of studying, and... umm... one final Thursday (again much less than normal work on Thursday) and nothing on Friday.

Thursday is my 20th birthday too, so blah to my final. 6 p.m., how lame, it will take my dinner hour and ruin my drive home to Portland so that I have to do it late. I'm not happy about it.

LOTR, I will be going opening day, there are no midnight showings here to my knowledge. You get midnight showings of huge franchises like Star Wars, not just any movie, at least here. I'm not accusing TTT of being just any movie, but it ain't Star Wars and the theaters don't think so either. I'll be going to a noon showing opening day I am sure, the first showing I can get into, with a bunch of friends. I can't wait, it will rock...

ReaperFett
Dec 10th, 2002, 03:32:47 AM
Jon, think thats bad? EP2 came out in the middle of my exams :)

jjwr
Dec 10th, 2002, 07:06:53 AM
We'll be going opening night, even if they have a local midnight showing I wouldn't be going to it, a 3hr midnight movie is a bit much for those who must get up in the morning.

darth_mcbain
Dec 10th, 2002, 08:22:41 AM
I'll be going a week or so after it comes out - just too busy... :(

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:17:29 AM
I'm in no particular hurry to see TTT, but I will see it while it is in theaters.

Jedieb
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:38:06 AM
I'm hoping to drag the wife to it that first weekend or the weekend after. I still have to get her through the second disc of the DVD set. It's like pulling teeth, but it's got to be done.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:35:01 AM
So you are going to make her go? I guess your reward for that might be to go to Two Week Notice :p I am going on Wed afternoon, I don't think there is a midnight showing around here the theaters have only done that like twice in the last 5 years both times for Star Wars. Probably figure people wouldn't want to go to a three hour movie at midnight is my guess.

Jedieb
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:43:16 AM
I don't know what TWN is, but from your post I think I'm looking at a Bullock chick flick. Oh the horror, the horror....;)

JediBoricua
Dec 10th, 2002, 12:52:20 PM
Well I'll line up at 9AM, but for the 11AM showing. NO midnight show here :(

JMK
Dec 10th, 2002, 05:49:18 PM
Its going to depend on my work schedule, but I plan to see it as soon as humanly possible, but I don't plan to wait in line at all.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 10th, 2002, 06:23:40 PM
Tickets on sale in Austrlai TOMORROW!!!

Rumour one of my friends can get an ADVANCE SCREENING!!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:28:04 PM
TWN is some movie starring Bullock and Hugh Grant, its a comedy where Grant plays an obnoxious Boss and Bullock is his lawyer well she gets sick of him and puts in a Two week notice. Well from the trailer it looks like they fall in love kind of thing so I am guessing its a romantic comedy.

JonathanLB
Dec 11th, 2002, 01:02:34 AM
looks like a typical 2-star romantic comedy, but who knows. I won't judge before I see it, but I wish Grant would do more stuff like About A Boy and less of these useless chick flicks. *shrug*

I don't believe there are midnight showings of TTT here, I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure not.

I mean, yeah, as Carr said I think, there have only been a few midnight showings -- Portland area theaters don't believe anything but the Star Wars films are worthy of that type of attention. I agree. :) It should be special.

I do think there was ONE midnight showing of Blade 2 (LOL) at Lloyd Cinemas downtown, but that is NOT a good area of town to be at in the middle of the night, so no thanks, and anyway I don't go there. I only go to Movies on TV, Evergreen, and Tigard. Occassionally to Fox Tower 10 (art house theater) to see the indie flicks.

I cannot think of any other midnight showings... umm... even Harry Potter didn't have those because they just didn't imagine the kids and parents would really want to go to those. For Star Wars, they get the idea.

Wasn't the whole midnight showing thing a TPM invention anyway? I'm not aware of any other movies before it having midnight showings, not around here anyway. I'm sure it had happened before a few times, but not on such a large scale I do not believe. Ahem, again, I re-iterate the importance of TPM to the film industry and other industries, despite some people's reluctance to call it a very important movie. It was.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 11th, 2002, 01:10:47 AM
I remember <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> Tracy and Batman Returns each did one, I know I went to both. I believe ID4 had them too, have no clue what would be the first movie that did. Still in New York a lot of the major movies have around the clock showings, and I am certain Spiderman and Harry Potter both had them, still most theaters rarely do them, because its hard to get the employees to do it.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 11th, 2002, 01:12:01 AM
WTH, I can't say Dic*kTracy that is funny.

JonathanLB
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:19:50 AM
that was funny.

Well ID4 had preview showings at more like 8 p.m. the night before as I recall reading in Variety...

Godzilla had preview showings just a night early, I went to that one, Tuesday May 18 or something? It was 7:30... ended up being almost totally empty. lol. It wasn't *that* bad. It was pretty bad, lol.

Yeah I know some theaters in NY almost have full day showings.

We have added showtimes because of the holidays. They added 10 a.m. and midnight showings of all movies, but not in advance of the day, just at the end of the day. Like 11:50 p.m. showings, 11:55, etc.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:34:49 PM
<smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> Tracy.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 11th, 2002, 02:34:58 PM
WEAK. FIX IT.

Lady Vader
Dec 11th, 2002, 06:33:26 PM
:lol!!!

That is TOO funny! No body better make a SN with the first name <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>! :lol:lol

Anyhoo, here in LA they always have midnight showings for big movies. HP had one, SW (duh) had one, LOTR had one... and I know there have been a SLEW of others that have had midnight showings. It's prob cause it's in high demand over here or something.

CMJ
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:12:01 PM
Where you guys seeing it at LV. The Chinese is not too far from me. :p

AmazonBabe
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:14:05 PM
We're seeing it at the Rolling Hills AMC 20 in the Rolling Hills Plaza in Torrance.

CMJ
Dec 11th, 2002, 08:14:56 PM
Eh, too far when the Chinese is like 2 miles from my apartment. :x

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:11:37 PM
Ah...Rolling Hills. Memories :)

Seen 3 movies there, after all :)

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:42:36 PM
12:15 !!!! YAHOOO!!!!!

Figrin D'an
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:17:30 PM
Way off topic, but I got my tickets for Nemesis today. :)
Just a Friday evening show, though.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 12th, 2002, 12:09:17 AM
Cool, let us know if its any good

Diego Van Derveld
Dec 12th, 2002, 12:14:50 AM
:(! I'm gonna miss Nemesis! I'll be watching the Division 2A National Championship up in Florence.

Lady Vader
Dec 12th, 2002, 06:16:01 PM
I'll either see Nemesis tomorrow (opening day) or on Saturday, depending on what the masses (other peeps I'm going with) decide on.