PDA

View Full Version : A working limb(Armail)

Ansatsu
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:10:39 PM
I stepped into a large mettalic looking room. My leg still limping behind me. I had killed many people to get here. I heard that this man was a doctor, and from the looks of the room it seemed that way. Computers and machines lined the walls. Incubation tubes filled with liquid, and needles and bone saws everywhere. I looked out into the darkness and shouted, "My master recently came here. His name was Fiend. I am his right hand man. I have come needing new body parts, and a visor in my skull. I am willing to suffer if it means you will do it." I smiled as my red sash floated behind me, and my boots clicked on the floor. My armor was rough on my side. I looked around expecting someone. No one seemed to be there. I pulled an electromagnetic pulse nullifier from my pocket. "I need you to place this and many other things in my body. Are you up for the challenge?" I waited holding the object in my hand. Would the madman ever show himself?

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:19:48 PM
A computer terminal across the room shifts as the chair before it swivels to face Ansatsu. Armaiil glowers at the man, but gestures at the operating table in the center of the room.

"Lie down. I'll see what I can do for you. Give me the device too."

Ansatsu
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:37:16 PM
I pulled myself onto the table. "Do your best." I snarled at him. This man made me feel uneasy. I looked at him, "By the way, there will be other changes you will have to make too. I will tell you as we go along." I smiled and remover my sash exposing my mouth.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:47:11 PM
Armaiil stand and rolls his neck, which makes a series of pops. He cracks his knuckles and looks at Ansatsu's leg.

"Hm...I'll be amputating that. And since we don't want you lopsided, I'll be amputating the other. But not now. Later."

The doctor opens the covering on the ninja's bionic arms. They're not built for what he's got in mind, so the doctor starts to tear them apart, stripping them to the shafts that comprise the "bones" of the arms.

"What adjustments are to be made in your arms?"

Ansatsu
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:52:45 PM
I looked to the man, "I need a small line of spores. Microscopic. They should be launched from my arms and when inhaled they will destroy my oppenets lungs. I would also like a chamber for darts and stars. And at the wrist is my lightsaber handles. They are to be left alone. On my left arm leave the barrels alone. You may fix it to make it more compact, and add what you wish. As for the negator, I want that in my chest." I smiled, "I need a filter in my mouth and nose so I do not inhale the spores either." I smiled, "Do you think you can do that?"

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 9th, 2002, 10:10:01 PM
"With ease. The only deterrent is time."

After ensuring the ninja maintained his full range of movement, the doctor began with his configurations. For over five hours the doctor made the first adjustment. In the top of Ansatsu's forearms, above the wrists, he welded the dart launchers. Two small barrels, with two chambers just as big on either side that can be loaded with sixty darts, for a total of 240 darts. To trigger the mechanism he uses a pressurized chamber, which will last just long enough to fire all of the projectiles. Both must be reloaded manually.

"Now, as for the trigger...I could make it button activated, but your arms would be too unwieldy for combat. Instead, I will have all your weaponry triggered through nanotechnology, similar to my Furious Katana weapons. But it will wait until all your bionics are complete."

Ansatsu
Dec 10th, 2002, 09:04:06 AM
I looked around, "What is all this equipment?" I said giving an inquisitive look. Why would he need all of these things. Especially the giant incubation tubes. What was he doing in this place.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:27:15 AM
"This is where my army of Altered is created. A thousand failures, and only two successes. One of which has abandoned me and now wishes to kill me," the doctor explained with a slight smirk. "I rarely get to use my knowledge of bionics. I had just finished working on an Altered that had been liberated of a leg when you arrived."

The doctor sizes up Ansatsu's face then moves on to his next task. One wall has a big window set into it, and on the other side of the window is a room, full of automated machines and all the necessary parts for bionic body parts. He manipulates the machines using a control panel, they begin to bend a sheet of metal to fit the ninja's face.

Ansatsu
Dec 10th, 2002, 11:42:54 AM
"Wow that sounds odd." I said as I waited for the doctor to return. I watched as he went over to this window. What was he doing? All I could hear was machines winding. Oh well, everything would make sense in due time.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 10th, 2002, 02:20:46 PM
With the metal face mask completed, Armaiil turned to the ninja's visor. It already had what looked like four eyes on it. He took it off and looked it over.

"Ah, splendid. I won't have to waste my own resources."

He tears the visor open and begins to map out the circuitry and wiring he will later implant in the visor...one for x-ray, the other for heat vision. As he does, he sets a machine to engineer nano machines. These will do nothing, but they are shaped as tiny, three dimensional stars. The spores he requested.

Ansatsu
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:46:15 AM
I smiled and looked over to the man, "What are you intending to do with that visor?" I asked as he looked it over carefully.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 11th, 2002, 01:49:54 PM
"I will place heat sensors and x-ray into these goggles. The lower one will be for heat vision, the upper will serve as x-ray. This should give you an advantage in night battle."

The doctor ticked off on his fingers the list of items finished and items yet to be started. He had made the mask, dart launcher, and was now working on the barbed spores and visor. That left grafting the visor and mask to the man and replacing his legs with bionics, then there was the EMP nullifier to be dealt with.

Ansatsu
Dec 12th, 2002, 08:52:30 AM
I smiled, "Good. Alot of pain I hope." I chuckelled to myself and looked to the ceiling. This place was so magnificent.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:14:28 PM
Armaiil strides across the room to a computer. He navigates the menus until he finds all the different models of legs he has on file. He has one pair with the boosters he needs, a fairly swift, stable pair. It's an expensive model, one he hoped to use only one one of his successes, but he also refuses to do anything half-way. This particular set of bionic legs is here, in the storage house below. He summons an Altered Being to retrieve them, then picks up a laser scalpel.

"It will only hurt for a moment." "For one long, extremely painful moment."

With one smooth stroke, he lops off both of the man's legs.

Ansatsu
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:29:22 PM
I was in so much pain. "YOU BASTARD! YOU BETTER DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS!" I said at the top of my lungs. I would have grabbed the mans shirt, but I had to clench the table. I looked down. No legs, and no blood. Wow, all this pain was actually kind of exciting. I waited to see what he would do next.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 12th, 2002, 03:41:24 PM
"Pfft. Patience, ninja-boy! I will replace them when my Altered returns with the bionic parts I need! In the meantime, I have your visor to attend to."

He seats himself at the counter and pulls open some drawers, each full of circuitry and wiring then starts to put the visor together.

Ansatsu
Dec 13th, 2002, 11:39:34 AM
The pain finally subsided, and my torment receded. I let go of the table now able to talk without yelling. I was breathing heavy though. I guess I had passed out though. It seemed like it was late at night. My legs were still not attached, but I had a feeling the most painful part was still to come. "What time is it?" I said with a strange feeling about me.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 13th, 2002, 01:11:00 PM
"The hell if I know."

The doctor is still slouched over the visor, poking at it with various tools, connecting circuits and occassionally holding it up to his face to see if it was working as it should. By the table stood a pair of bionic legs, his creations had delivered them shortly after the ninja fell into unconciousness.

Ansatsu
Dec 13th, 2002, 10:34:40 PM
I breathed out heavily, "Well how much longer do you think it will take, and how do you expect to get that to work?" I laid there waiting for an answer.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 13th, 2002, 10:44:48 PM
"Oh it works now," Armaiil retorted. "I just finished it."

He threw the visor at Ansatsu and tossed him the face mask as well.

"I would graft them to you, but I can't be bothered with it at the moment. Use the visors sparingly, they only have an hour of battery life before they go out. I'll find a more permanent powersource for them later. To recharge them simply plug them into an electric outlet."

The doctor stood and stretched lazily, then walked over to the table.

"Now to attach these legs of yours."

Ansatsu
Dec 13th, 2002, 10:48:53 PM
I smiled, "Okay that I am ready for. However the whole skull thing sounds more painful than I expected, but I need it." I waited for the pain that was fixing to ensue. But my new legs sounded very promising.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 13th, 2002, 11:14:06 PM
The process is long and difficult. First, he must prepare the muscles, nerves, and bones to meet with the metal legs. Then, he must attach the legs themselves. It's slow, and painful. He welds the bone to the metal, a burning 2 hour process, then proceeds to hook the bionics into his nervous system so that they will function properly. He's rusty, it takes a few tries on some parts. Finally he finishes after a grueling seven hours of work.

"The mask I feel can wait. I've been working on you for nearly fourteen hours. Deal with the visor as it is for now. I will not graft the mask to you, it will prevent you from eating."

Ansatsu
Dec 13th, 2002, 11:22:59 PM
I looked up and placed it back on my head anyways. I at least should wear it. It was my symbol. "So are we taking a break for a bit then? Letting me test my new legs?" They still hurt like hell though.

Armaiil Kryatir
Dec 14th, 2002, 05:26:58 PM
"Yes, go kill someone or something."

Armaiil waves dismissively.

"You're finished for now. Oh, and don't forget these."

He throws some small capsules.

"Your spores."

Ansatsu
Dec 14th, 2002, 07:00:43 PM
I picked them up. I supposed I threw them down and they exploded. No use to me right now. Seeing as how I had no protector. I got off the table and collapsed. I would have to get use to my new legs. I waited and stood again. I walked out. Sometimes my legs gave out on me. I turned to the doctor and said, "By the way, I will be back tommorow. I will have new specimens for you." I turned laughing and walked out.