PDA

View Full Version : Gaston! Best seat in the house!

Mr. Happy
Dec 9th, 2002, 08:27:02 PM
I twirled the curly ends of my moustache up. Alright, its fake, but just absolutely dapper! Don't you just love it? Makes for a great entrance, I'll say. I flung the doors to the B&G wide, and no doubt knocked aside street urchins and riff-raff, but today, I was high society! No hob-nobbing with the lower crust for me...I'm peckish for...something with bubbles, and a fillet mignotty, or somesuch.

"Gaston! Gaston!"

A rolling trashcan came to greet me, and I gave it a good what-for with my cane.

"I don't do charity, I'm afraid. Do your pan-handling elsewhere."

The droid beepled in a rude tone. No matter, I was unperturbed. I snapped my fingers to the Maitre' D.

"Gaston, I'll have the best seat in the house, but I'm afraid I just didn't RSVP. No matter!"

AmazonBabe
Dec 9th, 2002, 08:34:04 PM
:: AB looked over from her table, setting down her book next to her cup of tea. It wasn't difficult to see where all the yelling was coming from. The brightly dressed man, wearing a rather large smile, spoke to the serving droid in a rather humerous way before waving it off. ::

:: She half-rolled her eyes and picked her book back up. It never ceases to amaze me the patrons this bar gets. ::

Mr. Happy
Dec 9th, 2002, 08:45:56 PM
I was smitten! Oh, she was a lovely shade of red. Red like clamato, or one of those vegetarian milkshakes that nobody bothered with. I waved off Gaston.

"Nevermind, good sir! I've had a change of plans."

I sidled to her table with all the grace of a Vaudevillian stagehand, popping my hat off my head with a flourish, and catching it on my cane. I placed a hand across my chest, in a show of hammed-up awe. After all, it always worked in the movies!

"Bonjour, mademoiselle. I can't help but notice your 'come hither' glance above your baudy romance novel."

AmazonBabe
Dec 9th, 2002, 08:55:06 PM
:: AB looked up and blinked. She closed the book and set it down, face up. ::

I wasn't aware botony books were classed as baudy romance novels... but, then again, I haven't really kept up with the new fads as of late.

:: She titled her head slightly. ::

First time in Yoghurt's Bar & Grill?

Mr. Happy
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:08:08 PM
"Peaches, cucumbers, and zucchinis...oh my! We're far beyond a platonic interest, then."

I deposited my derrier in the seat opposite, swinging up my alligator-skin bones, clicking my heels together as I rested my old dogs up on the table.

"Oh, these places are all the same. Same boring food, same boring drinks. I'm afraid I'm just a connoisseur of scenery, m'lady."

I snapped for the waiter's attention.

"Gaston! The finest bottle of your Hooch dujour, for me and the missus!"

AmazonBabe
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:14:12 PM
:: AB wasn't quite sure how to take the present situation, so she just went with the flow. ::

Um, right. Well, I happen to upkeep a garden near the Jedi Temple.

:: She looked at the shoes on the table for a moment before looking back at the odd man across from her. ::

Perhaps you saw it on your way up here?

Mr. Happy
Dec 9th, 2002, 09:29:00 PM
"Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?"

I snickered in salute to my own cleverness.

"Well, its all a matter of perspective. My old lady always said that I could never see the forest for the trees. Now, she's pushing up the daisies. I'm afraid I'm not much of a botanist, but they always do say that opposites attract!"

AmazonBabe
Dec 10th, 2002, 07:10:49 PM
:: AB's eyebrows went up as the man across from her mentioned his "old lady pushing up daisies". She began to wonder which turnip truck he'd fallen from and whether it had been in reverse or not. ::

:: She cleared her throat. ::

Well, I don't know about opposites attracting. One still needs to know a person before any decision can be made.

Mr. Happy
Dec 10th, 2002, 07:35:19 PM
"Well, you got a point there. Can't very well chew the fat until we get all those important details out of the way, can we?"

I fumbled about in my lapel pocket, until I fished out an index card.

"Ah, here it is. Lets see:
1. What's your sign?
2. Where do you see yourself in five years?
3. Boxers or briefs?
4. If you were a flavor of ice cream, what would you be and why?
5. Paper or plastic?
6. Are you afraid of committment?
7. Dog or cat person?
8. Do you kiss on the first date?
9. Top or bottom?
10. If you could give one thing to the entire galaxy, what would it be?"

I tossed the notecard aside, and took a deep, long breath.

"As for me:

Scorpio, Ruler of the Universe, Boxers, Grape - Purple's my favorite color and it would look good on your lips too!, Plastic, Till Death do we part, Dog, Absolutely, Top, and....World Peace."

I wheezed, gasping for breath, as I threw the second card aside.

"Whew, that was a doozie. Now, whaddya say you and me cut a rug and rock the Casbah?"

AmazonBabe
Dec 11th, 2002, 07:51:10 PM
:: AB blinked, not sure whether he'd just spoken basic or not, so she hazzard a guess. ::

But I don't hear any music.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 11th, 2002, 09:33:18 PM
"Allo you." he whispered into her ear. It was time for Morgan's favorite part of the day: dinner with Rie. The Jedi Master appeared rather abruptly, and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

There was a strange looking man seated across from her though, and what he had heard of the conversation, he had been a bit too forward. Morgan opted to stare at him quizically instead of speaking. He was just... odd.

AmazonBabe
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:01:57 PM
:: AB jumped inwardly, her heart taking a short leap against her rib cage, as she hadn't even heard Morgan coming up behind her. Darn him... she'd get him for that later. ::

:: She smiled as he kissed her cheek, looking up at him in greeting. ::

Hey, Morg. Did you have a good day?

:: The question seemed to slip into one ear and out the other as he observed the man seated across from her. ::

Oh, how rude of me...

:: She looked to the man across from her, gesturing towards Morgan. ::

This is my boyfriend, Morgan.

:: She then looked at the man seated across from her, speaking to Morgan. ::

This is...

:: She blinked. ::

Come to think of it...

:: She addressed the smiling man seated across from her. ::

...you never did tell me your name.

Mr. Happy
Dec 11th, 2002, 10:34:16 PM
Boyfriend?! The tease of a minx was leading me on, and like a horny sailor to a siren, I was going down with the ship! Arrr...prepare the dingy! I'll get you my pretty...and your little Jedi, too!

Begrudgingly, and yet with a cordial expression, I extended a gloved hand to the spoilsport.

"Happy...Mr. Happy, Entertainer, Jack of all Trades, and Renaissance Man."

My smile may remain, but only because I didn't have much of a choice in the matter. My inner Happy wasn't very.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:01:04 PM
He shook "Mr. Happy's" hand, and yet...
...something clicked wrong. Morgan found himself not liking the fellow at all. A deep, animal part of him wanted to basically exert the fact that he was the absolute Alpha, and Rie was his mate. Had he been on a different path, one with less control, he would have. But aside from his eyes dialating slightly, the Jedi was in total control of himself.

"Mmm. Indeed. Well, Mr. Happy, I bid you good evening then."

AmazonBabe
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:48:46 PM
:: The air suddenly felt VERY thick at the small table, making AB fidget in her chair, and the fact Morgan still hadn't sat down was hint enough he was waiting for the other man to leave. ::

:: She cleared her throat, attempting to get Morgan's attention. ::

Won't you sit down? Then we can order dinner... I'm starving!

Mr. Happy
Dec 11th, 2002, 11:59:19 PM
"Yes, well...I was just leaving. I'm afraid I have to feed my fish."

I don't even have a fish! But they don't know that! I'm so devious it hurts! I looked wistfully at Red, imagining her face carved in a marble bust by some long-dead classical virtuoso. I looked at Morgan's face, and imagined it would make a silly looking hat, once it was tanned and cured. What was I having for dinner tonight? I hoped it was mashed potatoes. Oh yes...I would make many an effigy of the Jedi in mashed spuds, and have my revenge, bite at a time. It would tide me over, until I could feel more...jolly.

I flipped my fedora back onto my noggin, tapping it down with my cane.

"Till we meet again, Mr. Morgan. And Red...Ciao, Bella Principessa!"

With a shake of my cane, a red rose popped out of the top, landing across her plate, as I slinked away.

All in all...after seeing the competition...I was in like Flint!

AmazonBabe
Dec 12th, 2002, 12:20:37 AM
Nice meeting you too, Mr. Happy.

:: AB said her farewell as the rose landed with a soft plop on her plate. She looked down at it and picked it up, avoiding the thorns like only she could. When she looked back up to thank the brightly-clad man, he was gone. ::

:: She shook her head and spoke softly enough for only Morgan to hear. ::

What an odd man. Polite, for the most part, but still odd.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 12th, 2002, 05:46:08 PM
"Aye." Said Morgan as he slid into the seat Mr. Happy so recently occupied after giving it a good once-over.

"He's dangerous. Half-mad. Insane enough not to have any inhibitions, but together enough to figure out how to do what the madness wants him to. Be careful, Rie." She looked at him, a little surprised.

"Sorry. Someone apparently forgot that there isn't an open bounty on me anymore... and the Bothans are pushing in the Senate again. But I am serious about Mr. Fashion Sense. Be careful, please?"

AmazonBabe
Dec 12th, 2002, 07:29:21 PM
:: She favored him with a lopsided grin and reached across the table to grasp his hand. ::

Hey, it's me. I'm the definition of careful. But I'll be extra so around Mr. Happy. For you.

:: She gave his hand a squeeze to reassure him. ::